ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

AdawgDaFAB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got the game from gamestop as well as got the rom. I haven't messed with the real game just yet, but I did toy around with the rom and saw that I was able to still use the save from when I played the japanese version with your patch ^______^. Many great thanks for allowing me and many others to play this game 8 months before the US release with little to no language barrier problems.

For all those interested: I haven't looked into the rom's file structure yet, but I would assume that if the saves work the same for both regions then the voice files are prob do too and all that would be needed to make an english w/ jpn voice rom would be to replace the english voice files with the original japanese voice files.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
AdawgDaFAB said:
Many great thanks for allowing me and many others to play this game 8 months before the US release with little to no language barrier problems.

You're very welcome. I'm always glad to hear compliments from people who enjoyed the many sleepless nights our team put into translating the game. I just purchased the US release today and I must say...damn good job. Except for the voices that is. Several of the main characters are voiced by the VAs that also do the english dub of Naruto.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work