Hacking I just bought a 9.0.0-20E New 3DS XL, is rxtools the right choice for it?

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, once you have the nag on Emunand, you're screwed. Unless you restore a previous backup or wipe.

If your wipe or restore your emunand, you'll lose Devmenu. If you don't have a Gateway, you'll have to go through the process again.
When you reformat your Emunand, it'll create a new Friend code (same as the one on Sysnand now) & You'll lose everything you've installed.
If you have a Gateway, you can use the EmunandTool to inject your Sysnands NAND.BIN IF you've only had to format your Emunand one time.

You can backup the saves using SaveDataFiler, whatever you've aquired in those saves via streetpass should persist.

In all honesty, it's far more of a hassle than it's worth imo.
I just live with the update nag (I forgot I had the wifi on one day... After getting rid of it before).
I figure why go through the hassle if it's more than likely just going to happen again in the future.

Hang on, I actually found that I did create an emunand backup a few weeks ago. So you're saying if I restore the emunand file I have, it'll remove devmenu? Does it remove all my other installed apps/games too? When you say I have to go through the whole process again, you mean literally the entire process? Man, now I'm thinking it's not worth the trouble. I know you already said that, and I agreed with you before, but that was before I realized I did have an emunand backup.

As for the gateway stuff, I don't think I can restore my nand.bin becuase I think I formatted my emunand twice. The first time was when I was doing this, and then I realized I unlinked my nands prematurely, so I reformatted the emunand again to begin fresh.

Anyways, I guess it's good to know I do have a backup laying around.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on, I actually found that I did create an emunand backup a few weeks ago. So you're saying if I restore the emunand file I have, it'll remove devmenu? Does it remove all my other installed apps/games too? When you say I have to go through the whole process again, you mean literally the entire process? Man, now I'm thinking it's not worth the trouble. I know you already said that, and I agreed with you before, but that was before I realized I did have an emunand backup.

As for the gateway stuff, I don't think I can restore my nand.bin becuase I think I formatted my emunand twice. The first time was when I was doing this, and then I realized I unlinked my nands prematurely, so I reformatted the emunand again to begin fresh.

Anyways, I guess it's good to know I do have a backup laying around.

An Emunand backup is a NAND.BIN you create with EmunandTool, if you made one of your fresh Emunand, you could use that.
It wouldn't erease the games from the mSD but iirc it'd wipe the db files, so if you were to make a backup of those and copy them back afterwords, it should be fine. If that didn't work and the games no longer showed up on the emunand, you'd likely have to start over.

By starting over, I mean if you would have to have Devmenu on Sysnand > backup mSD > Format emunand > Copy contents back over.
I'm not sure if copying the games from the old emunand to the new & rebuilding the dbs files would work though.

If you really want the nag gone, you could give Ronheros method a shot.

I was able to remove the update nag from emunand. I just waited for system nand to get the update nag then made a nand backup, then I wiped the uodate off system nand and didn't allow it to boot again. Now I have 1:1 nands down to the second with only the update removed. I was then able to compare to find the offset and changed the first character and poof update gone.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
An Emunand backup is a NAND.BIN you create with EmunandTool, if you made one of your fresh Emunand, you could use that.
It wouldn't erease the games from the mSD but iirc it'd wipe the db files, so if you were to make a backup of those and copy them back afterwords, it should be fine. If that didn't work and the games no longer showed up on the emunand, you'd likely have to start over.

By starting over, I mean if you would have to have Devmenu on Sysnand > backup mSD > Format emunand > Copy contents back over.
I'm not sure if copying the games from the old emunand to the new & rebuilding the dbs files would work though.

If you really want the nag gone, you could give Ronheros method a shot.

My method needs a hardware mod, even an extra second on the clock throws way too may hex differances

Reactions: usernametaken

Drowze

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My method needs a hardware mod, even an extra second on the clock throws way too may hex differances
Wouldn't it be possible now, with coldboot? Backing up the 1:1 sysnand with the update nag should be easy enough. Hopefully.

Well... Guess I'm going to try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.