I have a modded wii-u, now how do I enjoy it?

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so from what I understand now, the theme app I took is actually for the virtual wii menu, not the wii-u, and if I want to change the wii-u theme (and change the wara wara plaza because it sounds fun) it'll be a longer installation process... bummer

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok! Let me know how it goes
Well, I could use your app to change the save file, the wii-u told me the additional data were installed afterwards, but I'm stuck on the title (this time I am sound on, and I hear karts passing by). The home button doesn't work, I can only go to my wii-u's bigger part and turn it off.
The theme app though, I don't see it in the homebrew apps menu.

btw any way to transfer data from my pc to my wii-u without needing to take the sd card?

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, I could use your app to change the save file, the wii-u told me the additional data were installed afterwards, but I'm stuck on the title (this time I am sound on, and I hear karts passing by). The home button doesn't work, I can only go to my wii-u's bigger part and turn it off.
The theme app though, I don't see it in the homebrew apps menu.

btw any way to transfer data from my pc to my wii-u without needing to take the sd card?
The savedata you used is probably invalid, get another savedata
You can use ftpiiu or wiiuftpserver to transfer files without taking out the sd card

Reactions: Alegria

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The savedata you used is probably invalid, get another savedata
You can use ftpiiu or wiiuftpserver to transfer files without taking out the sd card
I took it from gbatemp's wiiu save file thread, and thanks for the advice

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll just give up with mk8 and unlock things myself because it isn't going anywhere

Meanwhile, I also heard about Linux on wii-u, but I've never touched even a pc on linux... what would it allow exactly? Could I use that to use a modern web browser?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I bought and modded my wii-u a couple days ago and I was told it's even easier than the nintendo 3ds (it's true), but now I'm confused because the interface, the homebrew apps, all that seem less intuitive/easy than 3ds. I got to install a save manager (that looks less practical than Checkpoint), but my theme app apparently doesn't see the theme I downloaded so I suppose I put it in the wrong folder,

in fact, homebrews on Wii U generally doesn't provide a very intuitive UI, but they are still quite easy to use. I assume you are trying to use SaveMii, there is a guide for it.

same for the wii, wii-u and gamecube games I found here and there (and it's really harder to get them in the first place),

It deppends on how you are loading games, you have two options for both Wii U games and Wii/GCN games.
  • For Wii U games you can directly install them to your console using a WUP installer or load them directly from Loadiine, but it limits you to only be able to use SD card or a FAT32 formatted hard drive.

• For Wii and GameCube games you can launch them directly from vWii, in general it has the same steps you would have to take on an original Wii, or you can launch them directly from Wii U mode using injected games (which you have to install like any other Wii U game) or by forwarding an USB loader (which in this case, if you are using the gamepad, you are limited to load games from the SD only).

the save file I used on the preinstalled mario kart 8 game got it stuck on the title icon for a whole minute so I force turned it off, then I tried restoring the previous new game save file and it's doing the same...

I never tried to use a save file from a different account onto another on Mario Kart 8, but I once did transfer my existing save file from same account (with the same Nintendo Network ID) from my old console to a new one, I just imported everything (including common save) and it worked right away. Putting files from different account may be causing some kind of conflict, someone else would have to confirm this. Also, always use the SaveMii MOD with a CFW running.

Also I had bigger expectations from the web browser, like watching videos on some websites (not youtube) on my tv but apparently I'd have better luck downloading mp4 and putting them on my sd card.

Well... You're quite late to the party. Wii U web browser was one of the best browsers for a console, a lot of sites and services worked like a charm, but time has passed and now we're talking about a console that is no longer supported by Nintendo, it was to be expected that it wouldn't receive any improvements and fixes to support new sites and formats...

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
in fact, homebrews on Wii U generally doesn't provide a very intuitive UI, but they are still quite easy to use. I assume you are trying to use SaveMii, there is a guide for it.
Thanks! it's appreciated
I never tried to use a save file from a different account onto another on Mario Kart 8, but I once did transfer my existing save file from same account (with the same Nintendo Network ID) from my old console to a new one, I just imported everything (including common save) and it worked right away. Putting files from different account may be causing some kind of conflict, someone else would have to confirm this. Also, always use the SaveMii MOD with a CFW running.
yeah, I don't know, and maybe I also need to download the dlcs and I don't know how to get them, apart apparently to uninstall the game and install one that contains the dlcs.
Well... You're quite late to the party. Wii U web browser was one of the best browsers for a console, a lot of sites and services worked like a charm, but time has passed and now we're talking about a console that is no longer supported by Nintendo, it was to be expected that it wouldn't receive any improvements and fixes to support new sites and formats...
yeah but I expected a homebrew browser, I don't know if it's because it's hard to code and not worth it, or if it's because the wii-u simply doesn't have what it takes to use that kind of browser...

likhoab0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see several stuff I put in my sd card. I don't know how to make the installer see the wii-u games, or how to make the wii and gamecube games be seen

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm new here
Is there any vwii hack that allows you to use ur gamepad in the vwii
You may be able to use the Gamepad as a Classic Controller - check the game you are interested in on this list:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Wii_inject_compatibility_list
and the tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/

This will inject games so they appear as icons on the Wii U home screen. There isn't a universal way of using the Gamepad in vWii - it's not a Wii controller so the vWii wouldn't know what to do with it.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't see several stuff I put in my sd card. I don't know how to make the installer see the wii-u games, or how to make the wii and gamecube games be seen
Make sure you have the right utility for loading/installing the games.

You need to use Loadiine to read [unpacked to individual files] games from the 'wiiu/games' folder on the SD card, or Wup Installer to install them [packed] from the 'install' folder on the SD to internal storage / USB.

For Wii or GC, you need to inject and install games https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/ to make them appear on the Wii U menu, or use Nintendont (GC) or Wiiflow / CFG Loader (Wii) within the vWii.

Basically search on here for the name of the relevant loader - I have pretty much only used Wup Installer, so it doesn't make sense for me to try to explain the others myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo