I have a modded wii-u, now how do I enjoy it?

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi! I bought and modded my wii-u a couple days ago and I was told it's even easier than the nintendo 3ds (it's true), but now I'm confused because the interface, the homebrew apps, all that seem less intuitive/easy than 3ds. I got to install a save manager (that looks less practical than Checkpoint), but my theme app apparently doesn't see the theme I downloaded so I suppose I put it in the wrong folder, same for the wii, wii-u and gamecube games I found here and there (and it's really harder to get them in the first place), the save file I used on the preinstalled mario kart 8 game got it stuck on the title icon for a whole minute so I force turned it off, then I tried restoring the previous new game save file and it's doing the same... Also I had bigger expectations from the web browser, like watching videos on some websites (not youtube) on my tv but apparently I'd have better luck downloading mp4 and putting them on my sd card. Honestly this is getting disappointing and I feel like I've wasted 100€ to maybe play mario kart 8 if it can be fixed and no way to play gamecube games.

any advice is welcome.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
idk sounds to me something is not right maybe do a fresh restart and then jb it yourself

the wiiu itself is very underrated its an emulation beast you can play anything nintendo related *except switch and 3ds
ps1 and n64 is relative working with the new forks of the emulators
another nice thing is playing gamecube games "partable" on the tablet

Reactions: Kopimist

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
idk sounds to me something is not right maybe do a fresh restart and then jb it yourself
You're talking about saving the mk8 game? I used the regular wii-u settings to erase the save file since I was after all trying to restore a new save file (after trying to use one that had everything unlocked).
But really this game is the least of my concerns; I had other games in mind and I don't know if I can get them any other way than trying my luck in second hand stores. This is underwhelming.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You're talking about saving the mk8 game? I used the regular wii-u settings to erase the save file since I was after all trying to restore a new save file (after trying to use one that had everything unlocked).
But really this game is the least of my concerns; I had other games in mind and I don't know if I can get them any other way than trying my luck in second hand stores. This is underwhelming.
no im talking about a complete console reset and then exploiting your console again to get a clean console setup since you bought it already modded maybe the old owner mess something up

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no im talking about a complete console reset and then exploiting your console again to get a clean console setup since you bought it already modded maybe the old owner mess something up
no, no, I modded it myself.

oh dear, don't tell me the "when I modded it it was fast and easy" part didn't work as expected too...

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
have u tried wi usb helper ? or wup installer ? or teconmoon injector ? i use these 3 things all the time , its pretty easy to setup n install games loll

Reactions: Alegria

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, no, I modded it myself.

oh dear, don't tell me the "when I modded it it was fast and easy" part didn't work as expected too...
ah ok i get it srry got little confused i ve read that whole thing wrong forgot what i said

about your mk8 problem how about try another release/dump with out any kind of save

and what do you mean with no gamecube games? you should be able to play them via nintendont after you jb the vwi too (yes you need to jailbreak the virtual wii too )

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
about your mk8 problem how about try another release/dump with out any kind of save
no, just erasing the save file from the official menu worked fine, but I know the save injector I used or the save file doesn't work.
and what do you mean with no gamecube games? you should be able to play them via nintendont after you jb the vwi too (yes you need to jailbreak the virtual wii too )
I didn't kow I had to jailbreak the virtual wii, but anyway... I just don't see several stuff I put in my sd card. I don't know how to make the installer see the wii-u games, or how to make the wii and gamecube games be seen

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no, just erasing the save file from the official menu worked fine, but I know the save injector I used or the save file doesn't work.

I didn't kow I had to jailbreak the virtual wii, but anyway... I just don't see several stuff I put in my sd card. I don't know how to make the installer see the wii-u games, or how to make the wii and gamecube games be seen
hello,

for wii and Gamecube games, here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

for wii U games, here ===>https://gbatemp.net/threads/working-fix-easy-install-wii-u-usb-helper-0-6-1-655.535214/

and here ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/nusspli...nintendo-update-servers-to-your-wii-u.566055/

Another thing too, use "wupinstaller gx2"" to install your games.

a very good thing to remember ==> use an external hard drive with a Y-cable format in Wii U format and everything will work like a charm.:yayu:

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
a very good thing to remember ==> use an external hard drive with a Y-cable format in Wii U format and everything will work like a charm.:yayu:
uh, I don't have an available hard drive, from what I understood before buying the wii-u, I was told "using games from the sd card is a bad idea, so best option is to have a 32go wii-u to put them in the console's memory. Didn't plan to invest in that, should I?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
32 GB of memory in the Wii U is very little, if you look at the space of the Wii U games are quite large, some are around 18 GB.
after all depends on what you want as games, it's up to you.

if you use an SD card, you will have to see for a large enough capacity..

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
32 GB of memory in the Wii U is very little, if you look at the space of the Wii U games are quite large, some are around 18 GB.
after all depends on what you want as games, it's up to you.

if you use an SD card, you will have to see for a large enough capacity..
so i'll have to get a hard drive? I've been told the sd card was a bad idea because the wii-u constantly rewrite, which wears out the sd card prematurely.

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
have u tried wi usb helper ? or wup installer ? or teconmoon injector ? i use these 3 things all the time , its pretty easy to setup n install games loll
I don't understand what to do with teconmoon, I downloaded the whole thing but there's no file extension that I'm familiar with except .md .ico .config ...

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I bought and modded my wii-u a couple days ago and I was told it's even easier than the nintendo 3ds (it's true), but now I'm confused because the interface, the homebrew apps, all that seem less intuitive/easy than 3ds
what tutorial did you follow for your wii U??

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

mk8 not working with savemii is a known issue that I’ve fixed, please use this version instead https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-savemii-wut-port-wii-u-vwii-savefile-manager.608824/
Also, what theme app are you using?

Alegria

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Huh, the theme doesn’t appear at all in ThemeMii? Are you sure it’s in wiiu/themes/[name of the theme without brackets] and there are 2 files in there called Men.pack and Men2.pack?
yah no that's what I thought, it's not in the right folder, thanks!

Reactions: Xpl0itU

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.