DueQWERY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!
I'm new to modding the wii u and I would like to install the mario kart 8 ultimate mod.
I have a homebrew wii u with tiramisu and am from Europe.
If you could help me with a step-by step tutorial it would be awesome!
(I'd like to have only the maps if possible) Thanks!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi, thanks for the answer. Yes, I had already tried to follow that, but it didn't work. I didn't find a step-by-step guide, and since I'm new to modding I couldn't get it to work. If you could help me, I would love it!
What didn't work? We need more info as I and countless others were able to follow it no probs... however... I was and still am on cbhc, as was this mod at the time of creation.

Like the above post said, is your mk8 the correct region, does it boot normally? Do you have sdcafiine and have you followed the correct methods for using it with tiramasu? Iirc there is a different/extra requirement. All the instructions are in the read me file.

DueQWERY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What didn't work? We need more info as I and countless others were able to follow it no probs... however... I was and still am on cbhc, as was this mod at the time of creation.

Like the above post said, is your mk8 the correct region, does it boot normally? Do you have sdcafiine and have you followed the correct methods for using it with tiramasu? Iirc there is a different/extra requirement. All the instructions are in the read me file.
hi, thanks again for your time. I have SDcafiine installed, but I didn't know I had to use it, how should I do in the right way? in the readme file sdcaffine isn't named. i'm going to write on this thread the same thin I worte on the mk8ultimate thread.
Post automatically merged:

Hi! I'm new in the modding of wii u and I have tried to download this mod. I have tiramisu on a physical wii u and I live in Europe. I changed the name of the folders as written in the readme document and I tried to start the game but it gives an exception error (in the link). I don't know how to solve this, my main interest is having the maps.
I've also seen that someone talks about sdcafine, but I didn't use it anywere, should I have used it for this mod in particular?
I also added the "put in root folder for europe" file, but it doesn't completely overwrite the "ee" file, it merges and I don't know if it needs to be ue or ee.
thanks for the help! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a European version of Mario Kart 8? Just because you're European/the console's region is European doesn't mean the game is European. Region free patches exist
yes it should be... the id of the game is 0005000C-1010ED00
1704647239199.png

other informations:
to mod the wiiu, i have followed this site (wiiu.ha cks.guide removing the space in the middle)

this is the sd, I don't have mods except the mk8uloader that I have just finished installing from scratch, not modified for the eu version(I'll try that like this)
Screenshot_20240107_070232.png
Screenshot_20240107_070241.png

Last edited by DueQWERY,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As i said earlier, this mod was created before tiramasu and aroma were a thing and the only way to play it iirc is to boot it through sdcafiine however there is an extra step/requirement for sdcafiine to run properly and I think this may be where you problem lies.... Also it will only work on one tho, not the other. Do you have other games with mods that work with sdcafiine?

Again I don't have tiramasu or aroma so never had this problem. If he's still around maybe @MikaDubbz can shed some light.

DueQWERY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As i said earlier, this mod was created before tiramasu and aroma were a thing and the only way to play it iirc is to boot it through sdcafiine however there is an extra step/requirement for sdcafiine to run properly and I think this may be where you problem lies.... Also it will only work on one tho, not the other. Do you have other games with mods that work with sdcafiine?

Again I don't have tiramasu or aroma so never had this problem. If he's still around maybe @MikaDubbz can shed some light.
no, I don't play much because I don't have time. so I should load it from sdcafiine? what about the plugin loader? I don't know what to do after downloading on the sd card :wacko: . thanks again!

DueQWERY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Thank you, this helped so much! Know I can see the mod and start the game with it: the only things that don't appear are the maps :( . I tried uploading a completed version of the game and I see everything unlocked, but I can't see the other maps. Do you know howw to fix this?
I didn't use the plugin loader that comes with the mod because it is not done in the tutorial, I only used SDcafiine. maybie this is the problem?

Cunha-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you, this helped so much! Know I can see the mod and start the game with it: the only things that don't appear are the maps :( . I tried uploading a completed version of the game and I see everything unlocked, but I can't see the other maps. Do you know howw to fix this?
I didn't use the plugin loader that comes with the mod because it is not done in the tutorial, I only used SDcafiine. maybie this is the problem?
I had the same problem, using sdcafiine, I used the payload loader on tiramissu and the game crashed. Black screen and several error codes showed up

terraria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you sure it was 100% all trophies and stars? Apparently that's what he says in the video

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello