Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was stuck on firmware 11.0.0-4U as well. I had the same problem. I forgot to leave the WIFI switch ON when reverting to an older firmware. Now I'm screwed. I'm glad I found this thread. Someone mentioned purchasing Yoshi's Wooly World in order to get firmware 11.2.x.x But BE ADVISED:

It comes with a firmware that is ALSO incompatible with the soundhax otherapp exploit. It is firmware version 11.2.0-4U

I just blew $40 on this game that I don't even want.
Does anyone know which firmware comes with the "Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns" cartridge?
And for that matter, does anyone know which firmware will come with "Mario Sports Superstars"?

in summary: DO NOT BUY the YOSHI GAME TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I got a copy of "Cubic Ninja" for $25. It seems that isn't going to work since my firmware is 11.2.0-4U now. I still can't download a matching otherapp.bin
Latest number must be equal or higher, so there is a compatible otherapp.bin.

amiibohound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest number must be equal or higher, so there is a compatible otherapp.bin.

I tried every single otherapp.bin under 11.2.0-*U
None of them worked.

My firmware is 11.2.0-4U. The otherapp.bin generator starts at 11.2.0-7U

*bangs head against desk*

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
None of them worked.

11.2.0-XU <-- the X doesn't even matter actually.

It won't work because the sound app is not updated by the cart (which I assume was Poochy & Yoshi). You currently have the sound app version native to 2.1, so soundhax is no go.

Last edited by zoogie,

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of them worked.

Yep. Our systems are screwed. I thought using Pokemon Sun would have updated my firmware. It did, but left me at browser version 4. Until some new method is discovered, we are out of luck.

11.2.0-XU <-- the X doesn't even matter actually.

It won't work because the sound app is not updated by the cart (which I assume was Poochy & Yoshi). You currently have the sound app version native to 2.1, so soundhax is no go.

The X actually does matter. If what you said was correct, we would have issues when trying to run Sound player. We have Internet dead systems. No browser, eshop, download play, or wifi update capability. That has nothing to do with our sound app.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep. Our systems are screwed. I thought using Pokemon Sun would have updated my firmware. It did, but left me at browser version 4. Until some new method is discovered, we are out of luck.

The X actually does matter. If what you said was correct, we would have issues when trying to run Sound player. We have Internet dead systems. No browser, eshop, download play, or wifi update capability. That has nothing to do with our sound app.
It doesnt matter, trust me.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

It does not matter, the X in there means browser version that's all :P

What about using something like OOT3Dhax +Powersaves, would that work?

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does not matter, the X in there means browser version that's all :P

What about using something like OOT3Dhax +Powersaves, would that work?

I'm not gonna argue, but is there an explanation as to why my computer sole won't update then? If the browser version does not matter, and the other numbers are current to the correct firmware version, why can't I update?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm not gonna argue, but is there an explanation as to why my computer sole won't update then? If the browser version does not matter, and the other numbers are current to the correct firmware version, why can't I update?
Apparently, when you update via Cart Update, it does not update the sound app. And from what i have seen for a while now, very old sound app is not compatible for soundhax. For the update thing, try using a Hotspot from a phone, if that does not work then most probably its something that installed wrong/something broken that does not let the updater work properly (Its a guess, so...)

Last edited by Tenshi_Okami,

amiibohound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I traded in some games and brought home "Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns." But its cart firmware is no higher than the Yoshi game. So I'm just screwed.

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because your 3DS Sound app is from 2.1.
That's what I don't understand. Why would my sound app have anything to do with me connecting to the Internet or updating my console? My Web browser won't even work. When I do a connection test, it connects to Internet and says the test was successful. That said, anything on the console that uses the WiFi will not work. What does that have to do with the sound app? I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just wanna understand the correlation.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I don't understand. Why would my sound app have anything to do with me connecting to the Internet or updating my console? My Web browser won't even work. When I do a connection test, it connects to Internet and says the test was successful. That said, anything on the console that uses the WiFi will not work. What does that have to do with the sound app? I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just wanna understand the correlation.
not work? is there an error code or something?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aren't you trying to use SoundHax and failing? Or did I mix you up with someone else?

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't you trying to use SoundHax and failing? Or did I mix you up with someone else?

Nope. Not using Soundhax. Just trying to update the system normally. Download play, Internet browser, and eshop all prompt for an update, but the update won't complete after about 90 percent.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nope. Not using Soundhax. Just trying to update the system normally. Download play, Internet browser, and eshop all prompt for an update, but the update won't complete after about 90 percent.
Can you use SoundHax though? Or are you running a CFW? Have you tried updating with sysupdater?

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use SoundHax though? Or are you running a CFW? Have you tried updating with sysupdater?

By sys updater, do you mean through the actual 2ds menu or is this a separate program. I'm not running any custom firmware that I know of. This system was bought at a mom and pop shop and was already on a strange firmware and couldn't connect to wifi to update. I used my daughters Pokemon Sun to update it, thinking it would be fixed. It brought me to 11.0.0-4u. My problem is that dang 4......Can't use Sound hax since there is no loader download for 4u....the option starts at 7.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
By sys updater, do you mean through the actual 2ds menu or is this a separate program. I'm not running any custom firmware that I know of. This system was bought at a mom and pop shop and was already on a strange firmware and couldn't connect to wifi to update. I used my daughters Pokemon Sun to update it, thinking it would be fixed. It brought me to 11.0.0-4u. My problem is that dang 4......Can't use Sound hax since there is no loader download for 4u....the option starts at 7.
you can use a last number that's bigger than yours

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
you can use a last number that's bigger than yours
There seems to be a universal problem with SoundHax for people who only updated with carts to 11.0+ from 2.1.

Sysupdater is a homebrew application. If you can't get into homebrew then you can't use it. If I were you I'd get another console, install a9lh as per https://3ds.guide, transfer your data to it, then send this one back where it came from as being faulty (it can't update).

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There seems to be a universal problem with SoundHax for people who only updated with carts to 11.0+ from 2.1.

Sysupdater is a homebrew application. If you can't get into homebrew then you can't use it. If I were you I'd get another console, install a9lh as per https://3ds.guide, transfer your data to it, then send this one back where it came from as being faulty (it can't update).

I would agree but this tread has been going for a while.

Stop saying things like "there is no version 4 so.." because thats not it. Im going to stop repeating myself.

Also, yup, updating to 11.3 won't work, cause you miss the sound program update. Get zelda oot and someone with a hacked save or Ninjhax or something, or Try the dns method. For the rest, im out of ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...