Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

TheSystemFailed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree but this tread has been going for a while.

Stop saying things like "there is no version 4 so.." because thats not it. Im going to stop repeating myself.

Also, yup, updating to 11.3 won't work, cause you miss the sound program update. Get zelda oot and someone with a hacked save or Ninjhax or something, or Try the dns method. For the rest, im out of ideas.

The version 4 seems to be the root cause though......Sorry you don't think that's the problem, but that is the one thing that seems to baffle folks. 11.0.0.4-U. Not even Nintendo themselves show the firmware as being a proper firmware version. Whatever man......I'm fine with the 2ds because I have a new3ds as my main console. This one was acquired as a backup and became kind of a challenge for me to try and fix once I found it was previously messed with and made inoperable.

amiibohound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version 4 seems to be the root cause though......Sorry you don't think that's the problem, but that is the one thing that seems to baffle folks. 11.0.0.4-U. Not even Nintendo themselves show the firmware as being a proper firmware version. Whatever man......I'm fine with the 2ds because I have a new3ds as my main console. This one was acquired as a backup and became kind of a challenge for me to try and fix once I found it was previously messed with and made inoperable.

Yeah. That's the problem, alright. I'm going to buy Mario Superstars Sports Mix on the 24th when it's out. Maybe I can update with a firmware on the cart that doesn't end in 4. Do all game cart firmwares end in 4? Am I wasting my money? I would just get another 3DS. But I have so many games from the eShop.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah. That's the problem, alright. I'm going to buy Mario Superstars Sports Mix on the 24th when it's out. Maybe I can update with a firmware on the cart that doesn't end in 4. Do all game cart firmwares end in 4? Am I wasting my money? I would just get another 3DS. But I have so many games from the eShop.
No cartridge updates will update the browser. You can always do a system transfer to another system to keep your bought games.

amiibohound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cartridge updates will update the browser. You can always do a system transfer to another system to keep your bought games.

But without connecting to the eShop, I can't download my games to transfer them. And don't you have to have the latest firmware to transfer your system to a different 3DS?

EDIT: you DO, in fact need the latest firmware. I tried.

EDIT: I read that you simply transfer the licenses for your downloaded games.

Last edited by amiibohound,

amiibohound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a copy of Cubic Ninja. But I still have the same problem. Ninjax 2 won't work because I have firmware version 11.2.0-4U

I'm going to try the OOT3D exploit next.

EDIT: Looks like I can't use the OOT3D exploit because of the same reason.

Could a Hardmod help me? I have a backup NAND of my system when it was working just fine.

Last edited by amiibohound,

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a copy of Cubic Ninja. But I still have the same problem. Ninjax 2 won't work because I have firmware version 11.2.0-4U

I'm going to try the OOT3D exploit next.

EDIT: Looks like I can't use the OOT3D exploit because of the same reason.

Could a Hardmod help me? I have a backup NAND of my system when it was working just fine.
Yep, a hardmod and DSihax can help you.

Vannacutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have the same problem I updated from 2.1.0 to 11.0.0-4 with pokemon sun then I thought the if I got real oasis it will update even though the form said it wouldn't work I still tried it.It updated me to 11.3.0-4 can you give me the steps (talking to amiibojound or anyone else who knows the steps) to get hbl back?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hey I have the same problem I updated from 2.1.0 to 11.0.0-4 with pokemon sun then I thought the if I got real oasis it will update even though the form said it wouldn't work I still tried it.It updated me to 11.3.0-4 can you give me the steps (talking to amiibojound or anyone else who knows the steps) to get hbl back?
O3DS right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey