Hacking So my 3ds xl only shows blue light led and it stays on

MrOddMango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
So I got a "bricked" 3ds xl it only shows the blue led light and it stays on until turned off manually I've tried every key combo and nothing displays only the blue led not even luma nor GM9 and I can't ctrtransfer because GM9 won't show up just a black screen I'm stuck and confused since the previous owner said he lost the SD card that had the homebrew files sold it to me as is also I must had been region changed to US because it's a Japanese model the seller said he bought it working great with homebrew pre installed by someone else

Any help would be appreciated 👍🏼

MrOddMango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
also I asked on homebrew discord too tried to help me nothing displays only the blue led I have like 5 3ds I've hacked, 4 of them are mine and I've never had this issue Thank for the help!
Post automatically merged:

Ok since I can't access anything like GM9 nor luma I've tried a lot I'll get an r4 and do a ntrboot

Last edited by MrOddMango,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
also I asked on homebrew discord too tried to help me nothing displays only the blue led I have like 5 3ds I've hacked, 4 of them are mine and I've never had this issue Thank for the help!

Ok since I can't access anything like GM9 nor luma I've tried a lot I'll get an r4 and do a ntrboot
have you done the restoring cfw from the 3ds guide?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
General problem with DS is their poor (or rather non-existent) error handling regarding hardware.

only the blue led not even luma nor GM9
Two things come to my mind:
A) Uninstalled custom firmware after modifying vital components or after trashing the operating system​
B) Defective or detached (old models only) WiFi module​

A) Leaves the console in not bootable state – crashing on loading the main OS while B) Interrupts the boot process very early on.

Next step I'd personally try is ntrboot into GodMode9. But I'm in a very bad position here since:
also I asked on homebrew discord
I've no possibility to know what has been discussed on a login-gated, proprietary chat system, which is not searchable/accessible by general search engines.

MrOddMango

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
General problem with DS is their poor (or rather non-existent) error handling regarding hardware.

A) Uninstalled custom firmware after modifying vital components or after trashing the operating system​

A) Leaves the console in not bootable state – crashing on loading the main OS while B) Interrupts the boot process very early on.

Next step I'd personally try is ntrboot into GodMode9. But I'm in a very bad position here since:

I've no possibility to know what has been discussed on a login-gated, proprietary chat system, which is not searchable/accessible by general search engines.
Maybe the previous owner tried to uninstall cfw, but he told had he had no knowledge on how the cfw works since it came pre installed with cfw and probably region change too so right now I have a very sad 3ds, tomorrow Monday I'm gonna try to ntrboot hopefully it'll work out perfectly I have 2 new 3ds xl, 1 DS lite, DSi XL and one 2ds old I'll have to see which one I use for the Ntrboot, also if ntrboot doesn't work is there any way on fixing this dead 3ds I'm also considering it may be a hardware problem as the blue light stays on it's an 3ds xl old btw

Anyways thanks for the help! I'm really sad about the 3ds hopefully it works 🤞🏼

Reactions: impeeza

DarKRat0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi

im having this issue too

i uninstall the cfw trying to keep my old 3ds xl 100% "legit" (i dont want cfw and want to buy the games)

but i ended with black screens and blue led

i did everything (ctrtransfer from godmode, ctrtransfer with ctrtransfer D9, lazarus) and always get black screens

any idea?

i did ntrboot with a flash cart to got access to luma and godmode

hi

dude, thanks a lot

i have a old 3ds xl bricked since 2-3 weeks ago, i did everything i saw on internet and youtube (ctrtransfer, lazarus, ctrtransfer d9)

and i only need to swap my wifi module and everything is working like brand new

if someone is having this problem, first of all, swap to another wifi module, maybe you could fix the issue

Attachments

• 3ds.jpg
    3ds.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by DarKRat0s,

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do that because: A) you may brick the console. B) whit the ended of supor lifecycle of the console YOU WILL NEED IT TO BE MODDED
I'll never understand the "100% legit" mentality on this. It's not like you can't still buy and play purchased games on the 3DS that's got CFW on.

But here's the thing. Those DS/3DS cartridges have a life span. You can buy them now, and you can play them now, but those cartridges will eventually fail. Some of those cartridges are pretty old now. They're not like GameBoy Cartridges which are on PROMs, they're flash memory.

At least with a CFW 3DS, you can buy a game, dump the cartridge to your SD card, and put that cartridge back in the case so it lives longer.

• Love

DarKRat0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi,

yes i know, but i dont want my system hacked, just personal preferences

i can fix my issue swaping my wifi module, the bad module was tested in other console and i get black screens on the other console (was working right before the wifi change)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hi,

yes i know, but i dont want my system hacked, just personal preferences

i can fix my issue swaping my wifi module, the bad module was tested in other console and i get black screens on the other console (was working right before the wifi change)
OK, don't worry, if you don't like you system Hacked get a unhacked one, if the system is already hacked, "unhack" it is very difficult to do without brick it.

Reactions: anotherthing

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, don't worry, if you don't like you system Hacked get a unhacked one, if the system is already hacked, "unhack" it is very difficult to do without brick it.
This is the best advice. Set the hacked one aside and get one that isn't hacked. At some point, though, the hacked console is going to be synonymous with "working console", since it's much easier to get a hacked console back up and running should something go wrong.

I halfway wonder what's going to happen with "Recovery Mode" once Nintendo pulls the plug on April 8th.

• Love

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I halfway wonder what's going to happen with "Recovery Mode" once Nintendo pulls the plug on April 8th.
I personally LOVE the NEVO remote controllers, they are a piece of wonder, the only problem was the firmware and configuration had to be done on a webpage, and obviously some day the page stops working.

So the community created a stand alone Java program which is able to upgrade the firmware and handle the configuration of the remote. so today we can still using the remote even with lots and lots of features than before.

Something like is happening with Pegascape site, for sure will happen later with the "Recovery mode".

Reactions: anotherthing

DarKRat0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
here where i live (tijuana,MX) is a bit harder to get one without the hack, almost every console is already hacked

i purchase a 2ds console today for around 20usd aprox, and was hacked

cost me only 20dollars because was stuck on black screen and i wanted for parts,
i thought it wasnt working or it was dead (maybe liquid damage) i only want the lcd but instead i got a fully working console

the wifi was bad again, the only thing this time i could fix it with alcohol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto