how to remove nintendo network id and change it but keep apps and badges?

ItsCorn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so the 3ds i own, (you know the one in the post i have where my sd card got corrupted) i got it from one of my friends who has a new 2ds xl which he liked it and didn't want his new 3ds xl anymore, so he gave it to me which he said i could keep. however, it has a nintendo network id that is from my friend and it has cfw and badges in it, my friend now has a new network id in his new 2ds xl and he knows about hshop and GYTB. so he doesnt care about the network id on his old one anymore and i asked him permission if i could remove it from the 3ds he gave me, he said yes, but how do i remove it? i want to remove it so i can make (is it still possible to create a nintendo network id in 2024?) and use my own network id, but keep the badges and games in it? he has cfw in his old one he gave me.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online server goes down in two months, and you can't buy any games any more on the eshop, any games that he purchased are linked to his NNID.

ItsCorn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Online server goes down in two months, and you can't buy any games any more on the eshop, any games that he purchased are linked to his NNID.
ah okay, so it isn't possible to restore the games, but i can reinstall them with hshop and use gytb to get badges, so im gonna format system memory my 3ds, but im scared to do that because someone in the 3dspiracy reddit tried to format system memory their 3ds and they got an arm11 error when booting. So is there something i need to do before i format it?

Last edited by ItsCorn,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah okay, so it isn't possible to restore the games, but i can reinstall them with hshop and use gytb to get badges, so im gonna format system memory my 3ds, but im scared to do that because someone in the 3dspiracy reddit tried to format system memory their 3ds and they got an arm11 error when booting. So is there something i need to do before i format it?

You can use godmode9 to remove the NNID but that ID is still linked to the system on Nintendo server end, if you really want your own NNID, then you have to system transfer the old one to another unit and then transfer your own ID to this unit.

May as well just go with the hshop route to install game, the only benefit of having eshop now is having the same region as the games you install so you can use the eshop to update games.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage

Reactions: signer-ink-beast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up