How can I remove Luma CFW on 3DS with broken microSD reader

xUnleqitTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey recently I played on my Nintendo New 3DS XL but while playing I got an error message and the console crashed, on the next day I looked if everything is fine with the microSD and and I saw that the 3DS instantly rejects the microSD also after inserting it multiple times.

Today i replaced the microSD reader with a new one and the microSD stays inserted but the 3DS can't read it anymore (also other microSDs that works fine on PC) and now I can't really play on it anymore now I want to remove the CFW so that I can maybe send it too Nintendo so that they can repair it.

I know there is a method with godmode9 but that requires a microSD (which I don't have) can anyone help me with that problem?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any damage to the SD card flex connector on the motherboard? And is the replacement the same as the original SD card flex?

1700079106938.png

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know there is a method with godmode9 but that requires a microSD (which I don't have)
Apparently it is possible to flash godmode9 directly to a flashcart, so it will boot into godmode9 directly without requiring an SD card. It really doesn't come up very often and I thought it only worked with very unusual flashcarts, but someone mentioned it the other day:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-p...tridges-on-a-normal-3ds.639175/#post-10240555

You really don't have any other options if you can't get the SD card reader working.

Reactions: anotherthing

xUnleqitTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OEM stands for original equipment manufacturer, you should looks for one that looks exactly the same as the original one, if that doesn't work, it just mean your connector on your board is damaged.
Hmm it looks exactly like the one that was build in in the 3ds before that's why I bought it lol👀

And yes it's probably the connector, that's why I want to remove CFW completely from the console so that I can send it to Nintendo for a repair 😅

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm it looks exactly like the one that was build in in the 3ds before that's why I bought it lol👀

If you look at the one you got it is missing the holes, I don't even know if the one you bought actually work or not, probably it is your motherboard if you tried your original one and this replacement one.

xUnleqitTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you look at the one you got it is missing the holes, I don't even know if the one you bought actually work or not, probably it is your motherboard if you tried your original one and this replacement one.
The new one looks exactly like the old one so I think it would work with the console, so I think it's the motherboard now that doesn't work correctly :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto