Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea but I am interested to find out if it works!

Wait... wouldn't a system transfer work as well? I do have a 2nd 2DS that is in pawn right now, but I get it back Thursday.

Wouldn't that correct the issue? Doesn't that transfer system info and firmware to a new device?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wait... wouldn't a system transfer work as well? I do have a 2nd 2DS that is in pawn right now, but I get it back Thursday.

Wouldn't that correct the issue? Doesn't that transfer system info and firmware to a new device?
You have to be updated to the latest firmware to do a system transfer.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Otherapp.bin.bak And a otherapp file not even renamed? Did you rename the otherapp file to otherapp.bin.

Edit: browserhax obviously doesnt work because the lack of a supporting browser and menuhax isnt a primary exploit. Your best bet is soundhax, and can fail a few times before it works. Do you have the latest starter pack extracted? Cause the SD looks like a sort of guide and you failed to follow the instructions whoever made it, or they failed on their behalf, and who knows what is on it (or not).

Last edited by imRed,
Reactions: zoogie

Jao Chu

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're not understanding me, the NAND mod didn't fix my 3DS, because I didn't have a working clean 9.2 image.

What fixed my 3DS was homebrew capabilities + CTR transfer = fresh installation of 9.2 (exploitable firmware)

Reactions: Quantumcat

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Otherapp.bin.bak And a otherapp file not even renamed? Did you rename the otherapp file to otherapp.bin.

Edit: browserhax obviously doesnt work because the lack of a supporting browser and menuhax isnt a primary exploit. Your best bet is soundhax, and can fail a few times before it works. Do you have the latest starter pack extracted? Cause the SD looks like a sort of guide and you failed to follow the instructions whoever made it, or they failed on their behalf, and who knows what is on it (or not).

Yes, I renamed the otherapp.bins

Is ninjhax a primary exploit? I can get my hands on a copy of it today if I trade my Pokémon Moon cartridge.

Soundhax also has a 100% (or near 100%) fail rate because out of the 37 times I tried it last night, it failed 37 times.

Last edited by KaoruSesu,

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
37 times? It should have worked at least once then. Just to be sure, you did download a otherapp file from smealum.github and placed it in the root of the SD, and renamed it to otherapp.bin (show extensions and be sure you didnt rename it to otherapp.bin.bin).

The soundhax file looks like its correct, the 2ds is a o3ds and your profile says you are from the usa.

Did you download the latest homebrew starter pack with the latest homebrew channel etc and did you extract it in the correct folder? (also from the smealum site)

Also, yes, Ninjhax is a primary but so is soundhax. I really doubt Ninjhax would work and soundhax won't, but who knows? No experience with Ninjhax, but the possibility of needing a payload is there. I dunno for sure.

Edit: Well, if you boot the 3ds without a SD, does it boot? You do have a9lh files on root, so if you have Decrypt9 payload in the luma/payloads folder and did you try to boot it (hold button then power on)? (hold the button (namebutton_Decrypt9.something, ofcourse the namebutton should be up or w/e). Also what is that folder wich you need to extract after installation on your SD? Why did you update to 11.0 after downgrading to 2.1 and not install a9lh in the first place? I guess if you didnt, that is where it went wrong.

Edit edit: and please, once you get out of this mess, please follow the guide from 3ds.guide.

Last edited by imRed,

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
37 times? It should have worked at least once then. Just to be sure, you did download a otherapp file from smealum.github and placed it in the root of the SD, and renamed it to otherapp.bin (show extensions and be sure you didnt rename it to otherapp.bin.bin).

The soundhax file looks like its correct, the 2ds is a o3ds and your profile says you are from the usa.

Did you download the latest homebrew starter pack with the latest homebrew channel etc and did you extract it in the correct folder? (also from the smealum site)

Also, yes, Ninjhax is a primary but so is soundhax. I really doubt Ninjhax would work and soundhax won't, but who knows? No experience with Ninjhax, but the possibility of needing a payload is there. I dunno for sure.

Edit: Well, if you boot the 3ds without a SD, does it boot? You do have a9lh files on root, so if you have Decrypt9 payload in the luma/payloads folder and did you try to boot it (hold button then power on)? (hold the button (namebutton_Decrypt9.something, ofcourse the namebutton should be up or w/e). Also what is that folder wich you need to extract after installation on your SD? Why did you update to 11.0 after downgrading to 2.1 and not install a9lh in the first place? I guess if you didnt, that is where it went wrong.

Edit edit: and please, once you get out of this mess, please follow the guide from 3ds.guide.

Well, if someone tells me how it works, I'll write my own payload for it. I have the scripting tools installed on my PC already.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, if someone tells me how it works, I'll write my own payload for it. I have the scripting tools installed on my PC already.

Scripting tool? Like said, the last number is irrelevant. Download the correct otherapp and follow the stuff I said and try again. Same with booting without SD, try that too.

Last number must be equal or higher.

Last edited by imRed,

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scripting tool? Like said, the last number is irrelevant. Download the correct otherapp and follow the stuff I said and try again. Same with booting without SD, try that too.

Last number must be equal or higher.

That's the issue. I AM using otherapp that is higher. Soundhax also keeps crashing. Would a ropbin payload work instead?

Also, I have tried booting without the SD card and I get no where. So no A9HL access I assume.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Get nowhere? Does it boot to the home screen or do you get a black screen when the SD is out?

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when soundhax crashes, do you see a black screen with text at all?

The console freezes for a moment and then it says: 'An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart. (Unsaved data may be lost.)
IMG_0008.JPG

Get nowhere? Does it boot to the home screen or do you get a black screen when the SD is out?

Nope, nothing. Even with SD card out. I've even tried the buttons associated with Decrypt9WIP and checked to see if I was using the right button.

It just boots right into Home Menu.

Right now, I'm considering upon recovery of my second 2DS, just selling them both and getting a PSPgo and modding that.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you download the soundhax file from soundhax dot com? Maybe its an old soundhax file.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download the soundhax file from soundhax dot com? Maybe its an old soundhax file.

No, I grabbed it from 3dshomebrew. That blue colored page.

I just grabbed the m4a file from the actual website and replaced the one on the SD card.

Update: Attempted to use soundhax and it crashed to the same screen as before.
Maybe I need an older version of soundhax's m4a file, one that worked with 11.0 before 11.2 released.

imRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, I grabbed it from 3dshomebrew. That blue colored page.

I just grabbed the m4a file from the actual website and replaced the one on the SD card.

Update: Attempted to use soundhax and it crashed to the same screen as before.
Maybe I need an older version of soundhax's m4a file, one that worked with 11.0 before 11.2 released.

I doubt that, that is what the payload is for.. For the correct version use.

KaoruSesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that, that is what the payload is for.. For the correct version use.
Okay, since it's a FrankenFirm, which should I use? All of the payloads that I have tried haven't worked. They are all from the 11.0.0-XXXU series. I don't get how I should do this. I understand that it's a binary file, but no one has said anything about ropbins, so I'm curious to how it would work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended