Homebrew How to get this firmware 11.0.0-4U

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm curious cause a guy on another forums asked this question and he says he bought a 2DS from some store and upon returning home and booting it up he noticed that his 3DS's online functionality seemingly does not work. Basically, he can't update the firmware and he can't go online with it so he checked the firmware and 11.0.0-4U is what showed up.

We told him to check the SD card and he says there's a lot of weird files on the card that wouldn't normally be in a clean SD card.

He pretty much can't do anything about it now but to use the 3DS as an offline only console cause the firmware version he has doesn't even officially exist

Sounds like a creepypasta but it's true lol

Just wondering how the 3DS he bought ended up with that particular firmware version? What do you think did the original owner do with the console.

Last edited by mario-lucis-caelum,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He might have been frankenfirmware'd. That can happen with an incomplete update/downgrade by SysUpdater or other homebrew.

He's lucky he didn't brick.

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Moreover the last number is the browser version. So version 4 on firm 11.0 seems really odd.

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

mario-lucis-caelum

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What files are on the SD card?
It's not mine lol but I believe he said there was a bunch of weird files and folders on the card that suggests that the original owner may have at some point tried to hack the system

anyways he asked for a solution on 3dshack and he was told that nothing can be done about it

I made this topic cause I was sorta interested on how the firmware became like that

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not mine lol but I believe he said there was a bunch of weird files and folders on the card that suggests that the original owner may have at some point tried to hack the system

anyways he asked for a solution on 3dshack and he was told that nothing can be done about it

I made this topic cause I was sorta interested on how the firmware became like that
If we can see what's on the SD card, we might be able to help.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hmm, he could try using soundhax to boot into HBL, then use sysupdater to update manually. Download the update files with 3DNUS (11.2.0-35 or whatever). Or just follow guide to A9LH.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmm, he could try using soundhax to boot into HBL, then use sysupdater to update manually. Download the update files with 3DNUS (11.2.0-35 or whatever). Or just follow guide to A9LH.
Don't think *hax 2.x works below 9.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I suppose Ninjhax 1.1b could be used on this low version to update?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, *hax 2.x itself doesn't run below 9.0.
No he would use soundhax because he is running 11.0 which means hax 2.x

This can be fixed by launching decrypt9 from soundhax and safehax which he could then do a 9.2 ctrnandtransfer or restore a nand backup

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
No he would use soundhax because he is running 11.0 which means hax 2.x

This can be fixed by launching decrypt9 from soundhax and safehax which he could then do a 9.2 ctrnandtransfer or restore a nand backup

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Oh right, my brain died there. Yeah. you're correct. x.x

My brain interpreted it as 2.1. lel

Reactions: satan89

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte