Here comes 3DS 11.6

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by GerbilSoft, Sep 19, 2017.

1. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    I just updated to 11.6 and everything related to cfw is off of my 3ds homescreen. I can still use Rosalina and everything is in my sd card. What happened? Godmode works. I am not using the lastest B9S, I think I'm on 1.2. On latest Luma. Do i restore my sysnand?

Last edited by YungHenry, Sep 24, 2017
  2. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    I also cannot update Pokemon Moon. Please help

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Were you using an emuNAND? Tick autoboot emuNAND in the Luma config and see if your stuff shows up again. Otherwise try tikShop to install tickets (if the games show up on System Settings ->Data Management ->3DS but greyed out with crosses).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

What do you mean? What happens?

4. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    Autoboot EmuNand did not work, how do I do the other thing? It says there is no sd card inserted but I was allowed to do microsd management and play Pokemon Moon save file. The titles do appear in settings. This is really weird. What would happen if I updated b9s? Miitopia was installed legitly and it's not on my homescreen either.

Should I try copying all of my data to my computer, then formatting system memory, and then put everything back on my sd card?

Last edited by YungHenry, Sep 24, 2017
  5. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Yeah an SD backup is a good idea but Nintendo isn't going to do such a thing as they legally cannot in just about any country they sell there producys

6. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    It's like my 3ds is acting like there is no sd card but there is

Godmode9 shows that there is a sd card, what is going on?

What will happen if I backup my files and then format system memory?

Can someone please help me?!?!?!?

7. bennyman123abc

bennyman123abc Master of the Script Kiddies

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    Training some more Script Kiddies
    Something else to note, you can no longer transfer DSiWare through a System Transfer. It doesn't give the option. However, you can do the transfer, restore your source console, inject the DSiWareHax into the appropriate game, copy the game to an SD card, and install it on the other system through Data Management because it still transfers the tickets of the DSiWare titles. You still can't pirate the title for you cheapskates out there but, it's cheaper than NTRBootHax

8. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Really? Source? Maybe that's why more people have been having problems lately.

9. bennyman123abc

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    No actual source tbh. I just got a N2DSXL for my bday and updated to 11.6 so I could install homebrew through the DSiWare transfer, used full transfer, and didn't get the DSiWare until I transfered it from an SD card after recreating the hacked title on my O3DS which I restored a NAND backup of. I will write a guide on how I did it if that will help.

10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh ok, you might have just missed a step. I would have thought something like that would be big news (no longer being able to transfer DSiWare).

11. bennyman123abc

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    I followed the guide perfectly. It never asked to transfer the DSiWare however and it still didn't transfer it. Either way, for like 2 hours, I thought I was screwed and would have to buy a flash cart for the expensive *shudders* NTRBootHax. I'd also need a magnet if that were the case...

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Hmm, that's weird.... if I transfer back from my 2DS XL to N3DS XL I'll take a video

13. bennyman123abc

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    I will try it again after my 7 days are up just to make sure that's the case. I still have 5 days to go -_-

14. YungHenry

YungHenry Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2017
    United States
    I figured out the problem, there were ? 0 byte files in the dlc section of data management. I deleted the files and now my 3ds works properly

15. JavaScribe

JavaScribe Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    United States
    So... does 11.6 break doodlebomb? I wouldn't think so, since that was fixed by an update to the app itself (which doesn't stop you from using anything else), but I'm just making sure.
    ...wait, accessing HBL via download play? What did I miss?

16. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Running Luma3DS CFW since 8.0 users are able to access HBL via any official app (a Rosalina Menu option), no more need for Luma3DS CFW users to inject FBI into H&S permanently.

Sounds like you dont have CFW on your system so it does not apply to you.

17. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I don't think the last ban wave was during the 11.5 update so why would we get one now? We really can't predict when a ban wave will come.

18. bennyman123abc

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    HA! 3DS FW 1.0 was more stable than my life! :D... :)... :mellow:... :(... :cry:

Ricken likes this.
  19. Christian_Fielding

Christian_Fielding Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Canada
    Yes. You can use an R4i-B9S flashcart to install CFW on your 3DS. It works on all hardware versions.

20. Jay L

Jay L Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2013
    United States
    (in refrence to Nintendo bricking your systen?n for cfw.

Still even if Ilegal, it doesn't necessarily mean we can do anything about it. For example in the US those 'warranty void if removed' stickers are unenforceable but companies illegally use the broken seal as a reason to not honor a warranty everyday Basically the law states that a company is not allowed to void your warranty just because you previously used a third party repair service (thus removing the sticker)

So tired, hope that made sense