Hacking Here comes 3DS 11.6

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know all of that, there's no logic to ban an user with CFW, and If I mod my 3DS, I own my risk :)
Honestly, Nintendo is joking with us, because they said that the 11.5 (or some other update) will be the last support for 3DS, btw they study every strategies to block this modding after that.
I want to say that they release a software to make a "trap". Who is supsected and didn't update, will get banned. (because they're worried about updating). Who update might got a "timerbomb" inside its 3DS. We don't know anything, just suppose!

But the 11.6 includes a new Friend List source code, for examples. That's different between 11.4-5, they may insert something in the update code..
Except you can check exactly what was changed right down to the memory offsets so that would be discovered by someone with a hardmod or something before it happened. Not to mention, Nintendo legally cannot create a "timebomb" to render your system unusable. In my country at least consumer protection laws, the FTC and the BB would have a field day and they would be sued out of their ass. The most Nintendo can legally do is block you from their private servers that you agree to a EULA to use.

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Except you can check exactly what was changed right down to the memory offsets so that would be discovered by someone with a hardmod or something before it happened. Not to mention, Nintendo legally cannot create a "timebomb" to render your system unusable. In my country at least consumer protection laws, the FTC and the BB would have a field day and they would be sued out of their ass. The most Nintendo can legally do is block you from their private servers that you agree to a EULA to use.
Yep, for timebomb I mean a secret ban, like many game on PC. For this I'm gonna wait the hard-modder, but nobody said something in these days.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, for timebomb I mean a secret ban, like many game on PC. For this I'm gonna wait the hard-modder, but nobody said something in these days.
Meh don't see how they could do a hidden ban, it would be reported as soon as the first person updated; then everyone would just avoid it, accept it or bypass it.

Wonder what Nintendo is going to think if they notice thousands of people only seem to use "download play" though..... If I worked for Nintendo, I would think a sudden surge of people using download play quite often, but in small intervals (not long enough to be playing a game with someone else) would be highly suspicious Lol. Not to mention they have spies here, there, everywhere :creep:

It would be quite ironic if everyone using DP to hide Homebrew are the only ones banned.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh don't see how they could do a hidden ban, it would be reported as soon as the first person updated; then everyone would just avoid it, accept it or bypass it.

Wonder what Nintendo is going to think if they notice thousands of people only seem to use "download play" though..... If I worked for Nintendo, I would think a sudden surge of people using download play quite often, but in small intervals (not long enough to be playing a game with someone else) would be highly suspicious Lol. Not to mention they have spies here, there, everywhere :creep:

It would be quite ironic if everyone using DP to hide Homebrew are the only ones banned.

I use the Sound Player most of the time. Seems to work well enough. But I really don't play my systems online anyway. This does seem to have a certain online focus. Though I think it's more about online cheating. And I can see that. No one likes going up against someone with an unfair advantage (now if we're all putting shiny things in each other's mailboxes, that I don't mind as much, though I'm sure Blizzard feels differently ;) ).

Not that Nintendo's going to openly embrace piracy and give up on trying to stop it. But they have to be realistic. The AP community has one small hollow victory. Naggyvision3 stopped open satellite piracy just in time to watch pay TV die at the hands of streaming via media center software running 3rd party plugins. And if the pay TV industry wasn't running on a backwards model, they wouldn't have even wanted to stop it. Channel owners are double dipping. They charge advertisers to advertise on their channel (who do so presumably because the ad will reach lots of people), and then they also charge the providers that carry the channel (and are the very reason said ads reach lots of people). The channel owners should be paying providers to carry them. Then charge advertisers more for all the additional people they're reaching because they paid all those providers to carry them.

Reactions: Majickhat55

hossxox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
i have a N3ds hacked with luma and an O3DS not hacked and i want to update them both without losing my CFW on N3ds because i want to use download and play . can i do this ?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still use hblauncher_loader and custom CIAs. Works fine.

So you're saying you have custom CIAs using retail titles? Tell me you replaced the Imagine series or something else I would never load up and I'd be interested in getting copies of them.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying you have custom CIAs using retail titles? Tell me you replaced the Imagine series or something else I would never load up and I'd be interested in getting copies of them.
No
I'm saying I still use custom CIAs like hblauncher_loader and Anemone3DS.

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HBlauncher_loader is a .cia, too. Works only on CFW and is the most solid entrypoint to HBL on CFW.

Reactions: PrincessLillie

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBlauncher_loader is a .cia, too. Works only on CFW and is the most solid entrypoint to HBL on CFW.

I take it you mean aside from Rosalina. Anything else can yellow screen freeze. And I don't know about that. Ninjhax has always been pretty solid. And it got updated first last time. The fastest is still Menuhax though. And since I'm not hurting for space, I've got a second EmuNAND on 9.2 just for it. Though it can also run any other entry point of course. And no waiting for new payloads when an update comes out (there wasn't any this time, but there usually is, after all).

Also, HBLL will get logged if you go online with it running. Whether Nintendo will do anything about it may depend on how many other things you do to make yourself stand out, but still. Though it's fine for running things like PrBoom, Hexen, or Spectre3DS since those don't have multiplayer anyway.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

havip503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gateway does not support anything higher than 11.2, iirc. So no. You should really switch to boot9strap via http://3ds.guide.
I don't know about this because I can't run fbi through download play app after installing b9s you suggested me. I only skip the step that update firmware after the process nintendo ds exploit in setting. And I can't launch into that anymore ( it appeared Error Occurred Screen forced me to press any button to turn off console ). Any solution guys ? :(

Last edited by havip503,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about this because I can't run fbi through download play app after installing b9s you suggested me. I only skip the step that update firmware after the process nintendo ds exploit in setting. And I can't launch into that anymore ( it appeared Error Occurred Screen forced me to press any button to turn off console ). Any solution guys ? :(

Rosalina doesn't work with 4.x. I've already confirmed this with someone else who used my AIO to upgrade. Providing Luma with an 11.1 NATIVE_FIRM as firmware.bin (if it's encrypted, you'll also need the cetk file) may fix it, but your best bet is to either update your SysNAND to 11.5 (if you want to continue using GW from an unlinked EmuNAND (I don't like this option, but some people prefer it) or transfer EmuNAND to SysNAND if you want to link your NANDs and run the same games on both Luma and GW. If you do this, you need to synchronize your tickets after installing new titles. It's fairly straightforward (SysNAND's ticket file is "1:/dbs/tickets.db" and EmuNAND's is 4:/dbs/ticket.db -- you just copy one over the other in Godmode9). Though there are scripts available that make this even easier.

Since you're a Gateway user especially, I would heavily recommend checking out my InScripted AIO on that iso site ("CFW Discussion" section). Copy the configuration from "B9S Configurations\O3DS" to your card. You'll have a configuration that has Gateway hotkeyed on B by default (though you can change the hotkeys to whatever you want easily). If you decide to link your NANDs, there are scripts for transferring EmuNAND to SysNAND and synchronizing tickets in the "Extra Options" folder. If you have any questions, let me know.

Reactions: havip503

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-