Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

ceejjaayyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys I am trying to get the mame rom "bubbles" on my Nes. What modules would I need? The platform for this game is arcade , and I have only seen modules for neogeo and csp2.

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. I did the uninstall under the kernel menu, then reinstalled all the modules, games, reflashed, etc and no SNES/Gen games work at all now. They just open then go right back to the menu... what the....

Can anyone offer some advice? :( I think I've seen that issue happen with other people.

Last edited by AGAwesome,

AndyVr

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ugh. I did the uninstall under the kernel menu, then reinstalled all the modules, games, reflashed, etc and no SNES/Gen games work at all now. They just open then go right back to the menu... what the....

Can anyone offer some advice? :( I think I've seen that issue happen with other people.

You need to edit the command line of your games or the cores are not flash (installed) correctly. What is the command line of your SNES and GEN games ?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
SF Classic Controller confirmed not working in 2.14. Just bought two of these to hook up for SNES games and, welp.
wii-010001-01.jpg

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to either: stream the video data out over the USB cable (at a low resolution obviously) or send the controller data back to a PC to use NESCE controller/nunchuk/classic controller on PC?

EleonoraYumizuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, some english translated Super Famicom games that worked on 2.14b now don't work on 2.15, just a black screen. To name a few: Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon - Another Story, Do-Re-Mi Fantasy - Milon's Quest, Gourmet Sentai Barayarou, Shin Nekketsu Kouha - Kunio-tachi no Banka, Radical Dreamers.

Does anyone here have these on their NESC and in working condition?

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to edit the command line of your games or the cores are not flash (installed) correctly. What is the command line of your SNES and GEN games ?

Just what they've always been. Gen, Md, and whatever the SNES ones are. Everything was working fine (just with the 5 second wait time for the save state to appear) until I tried the uninstall as suggested this morning. Now no non-NES games load.

heygravity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's wrong exactly with the SNES save states ? Which SNES hmod should I use...snes9x2010 or snes9x205 ?

SNES9x2010 was found to be creating save states of 5mb each time, quickly filling up the internal memory and causing errors. At that point, the default core was changed to SNES9x2005, but many people were unhappy with the audio and graphical performance.

SNES9x2010 has now been updated to compress those save files however (I'm not sure what size they are now, nor how that compares to those created by SNeS9x2005) and so that is once again the default core.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SF Classic Controller confirmed not working in 2.14. Just bought two of these to hook up for SNES games and, welp.
wii-010001-01.jpg

May I ask, other than the fact that it isn't recognised by the NES Mini, what is the quality of this pad like? How does it feel in the hand? I read some Amazon reviews and decided not to chance it, but I'd be keen to hear some first hand feedback...

keithelmcity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES9x2010 was found to be creating save states of 5mb each time, quickly filling up the internal memory and causing errors. At that point, the default core was changed to SNES9x2005, but many people were unhappy with the audio and graphical performance.

SNES9x2010 has now been updated to compress those save files however (I'm not sure what size they are now, nor how that compares to those created by SNeS9x2005) and so that is once again the default core.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

May I ask, other than the fact that it isn't recognised by the NES Mini, what is the quality of this pad like? How does it feel in the hand? I read some Amazon reviews and decided not to chance it, but I'd be keen to hear some first hand feedback...

I have one it feels real light in hand . I sent cluster one to see if he can fix the 3rd party controller issue only catch is it will take 2 weeks to get to Russia

Reactions: heygravity

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sromeroi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you may have to add " --retroarch --core nestopia" including the spaces in the command line of each game that won't run with NESCE emulator.

Is there any way to force ALL nes roms to use either nestopia or fceumm without having to edit the command line of all my 300 games in hakchi to add "--retroarch --core XXX" to all of them?

There is a "use_nestopia" hmod but it only makes "use nestopia" when a game is unsupported (ex: Batman Return of the Joker). I want to run ALL OF THEM (even supported and the 30 original ones) with nestopia.

Also: is there any way to check if you have any "5MB-broken-savegame" from snes9x2010 when it had the bug? One of my minis reports 330MB of space available for games and the other one 285MB :-?????
Thanks!

Last edited by sromeroi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo