Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

BCT182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone can help. Yesterday I loaded the full NES library, a couple SNES, N64 and one Sega ROM. I loaded with 2.14b and retroarch. I have two classic controllers with extension cords. Everything worked except for games that needed the additional controls.

Today, I picked up two Wii Classic controllers.

Before testing the controllers I loaded a few more SNES AND N64 games. When I tried the unit after loading more games I am having trouble with the extension cords.

Controller #1 & #2 no ext cords - ok

Controller #1 w/ext cord & and #2 without ext cord - ok

Controller #1 & #2 both with ext cord - no function for one player (problem follows cord if I swap them)

Controller #1 with both ext cords plugged in series and #2 no ext cord - ok

Any idea why I cannot use an extension cord on both controllers at the same time? If I use two extension cords together in series with one controller it does work, which leads me to believe the cord is not bad.

I did uninstall to revert to stock and then reinstalled everything, and the problem remains.

Last edited by BCT182,

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm hoping someone can help. Yesterday I loaded the full NES library, a couple SNES, N64 and one Sega ROM. I loaded with 2.14b and retroarch. I have two classic controllers with extension cords. Everything worked except for games that needed the additional controls.

Before testing the controllers I loaded a few more SNES AND N64 games. When I tried the unit after loading more games I am having trouble with the extension cords.

Controller #1 & #2 both with ext cord - no function for one player (problem follows cord if I swap them)

Any idea why I cannot use an extension cord on both controllers at the same time? If I use two extension cords together in series with one controller it does work, which leads me to believe the cord is not bad.

I did uninstall to revert to stock and then reinstalled everything, and the problem remains.

You should send your debug test result to Cluster. Read his post here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hakchi2-nes-mini-very-simple-pimp-tool.456256/page-431

Reactions: nockster

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you know anything about the soldering in the mini Nes, to use this type of cable next to a usb key?
51R6PX%2BfXHL._SL1100_.jpg

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I use extensions on mine. One with 6ft and other with 3 3ft extensions on it. All works. Are your controllers third party or original?

Last edited by youngtune27,
Reactions: keithelmcity

BCT182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Version 2.15

Not so many changes, just a bunch of critical fixes:
  • Using internal games packing instead of external "tar" util, it will fix "Can't pack games" error.
  • RAM memory usage optimizations, hakchi2 should work fine on x86 systems now.
  • Possible memory leak fix during folder navigation (testing required).
  • Free flash memory space automatic check and basic memory usage statistics when not enough flash memory available.
  • clovercon driver creates /dev/clovercon1 and /dev/clovercon2 now, you can read current buttons state from it, it's useful for some scripts.
  • Translations to German, Greek, Spain, Italian and Polish languages. Write if you want to help with translation.
Also check for new RetroArch mod: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/tag/0.7

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The level 1-2 of Batman: Return of the Joker (NES) is not running very well on retroarch (v2.14b). This happens only to me?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2.15

Not so many changes, just a bunch of critical fixes:
  • Using internal games packing instead of external "tar" util, it will fix "Can't pack games" error.
  • RAM memory usage optimizations, hakchi2 should work fine on x86 systems now.
  • Possible memory leak fix during folder navigation (testing required).
  • Free flash memory space automatic check and basic memory usage statistics when not enough flash memory available.
  • clovercon driver creates /dev/clovercon1 and /dev/clovercon2 now, you can read current buttons state from it, it's useful for some scripts.
  • Translations to German, Greek, Spain, Italian and Polish languages. Write if you want to help with translation.
Also check for new RetroArch mod: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/tag/0.7
I still see snes2005 in core mods for new retro arch not snes2010. Thought it was changed?

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i uninstalled 2009. put the 2010 h.mod file in my user mod folder
installed 2010, launched snes game. opened RA, says 2010 at bottom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro