Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

princesaph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You have to use the 1.05 beta 0 firmware for the receiver the beta 3 firmware sets x and y to turbo and wont let you reset them right.
I had some troubles with my Nes30pro. I could'nt have the turbo fire. I had the firmware beta 3. The 1.05 beta 0 fix the issue.

Thank you.

Last edited by princesaph,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody that likes to play Metal Slug..check out some bootlegs to add to your current zip files. Works for me with fba, mame2003, mame2003_mini (Metal Slug 5) More weapons..more small bosses and more kickass.

Bootleg for Metal Slug 4

Bootleg for Metal Slug 5 (Metal Slug 5 Plus)

Bootleg for Metal Slug 3 ( Makes supposed Metal Slug 6)

Just add the bootleg into the zip file that you currently have for each Metal Slug game in hakchi. You won't be disappointed!

Last edited by ByteThis,

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster I can not get over 95mb. Even after uninstalling and factory resetting. I keep getting this error? How can I fix it? shell command "tar -xvC/var/lib/hakchi/rootfs/usr/share/games/nes/kachikachi" code 1:tar write error: No space left on device

Last edited by youngtune27,

TheWez1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone tried out the folder images I made...
Any suggestions about what I should improve?
I'm looking into adding consoles too.... but I need to do Pixelart, it's kinda a tedious job...
I tried the folder images of the FamiCom GUI and it looks fine.... but can I improve them?
Anyone tried the NES GUI ones?

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried out the folder images I made...
Any suggestions about what I should improve?
I'm looking into adding consoles too.... but I need to do Pixelart, it's kinda a tedious job...
I tried the folder images of the FamiCom GUI and it looks fine.... but can I improve them?
Anyone tried the NES GUI ones?
I realy like your folder images :) Great if you could make the letters Q , V , Z a little clearer?
Q looks like a O
V looks like U
and Z looks like 2
How can I change to your image of lid, where do I replace it?
Many Thanks for your great work.....

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I once tried to suggest someone to make folder images of A1-A3, B1-B3, C1-C3, and so on... to facilitate those who have more than 30 games with the same initial letter. Although @Cluster said that limitation of 30 games in one folder was no more an issue in 2.14, but some people still seem to experience it. So maybe, you could be the first to accomodate it, @TheWez1981. ;)

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I once tried to suggest someone to make folder images of A1-A3, B1-B3, C1-C3, and so on... to facilitate those who have more than 30 games with the same initial letter. Although @Cluster said that limitation of 30 games in one folder was no more an issue in 2.14, but some people still seem to experience it. So maybe, you could be the first to accomodate it, @TheWez1981. ;)
I think some people might be a bit confused concerning the last update; the folder and game limit in Hakchi itself has been resolved, also the limit of 30mb in RetroArch is no longer an issue. It is still recommended not to put more then 30 - 40 games in a folder because of C8 errors (unfortunately this hasn't been resolved).

ndtemple417

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to change the famicom mini to english or throw the nes mini firmware on it? Or care to point me in the direction to a tutorial I can't find it and it's kicking my tail.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I think some people might be a bit confused concerning the last update; the folder and game limit in Hakchi itself has been resolved, also the limit of 30mb in RetroArch is no longer an issue. It is still recommended not to put more then 30 - 40 games in a folder because of C8 errors (unfortunately this hasn't been resolved).

So is it okay to put 30 games, with each size --let's say 5 MB-- in one folder (=150 MB), as long as the number of games are no more than 30/40?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
No I don't think so, I was referring to NES games. The 30 - 40 games per folder has mostly to do with how many save states you can use. For SNES games I put 15 games per folder just to be sure, I am not sure if that makes any difference but my games save just fine. Someone told me on another forum to keep any folder under 24mb if you don't want problems with C8 errors. Point being that the old rules since folders were introduced still apply.

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
After 2.14 release, I still followed the old rule: 30 MB per folder (30 NES/15 Genesis), since I tend to have 2 saves for every game.

However, how about if I have 2 PSX games? Each sized 50-70 MB? Should I put them in a folder or not?
And what if I decided not to use folders but have like 200 mixed games (NES, Genesis, PSX)? Will that be okay?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
After 2.14 release, I still followed the old rule: 30 MB per folder (30 NES/15 Genesis), since I tend to have 2 saves for every game.

However, how about if I have 2 PSX games? Each sized 50-70 MB? Should I put them in a folder or not?
And what if I decided not to use folders but have like 200 mixed games (NES, Genesis, PSX)? Will that be okay?
200 mixed games including large PSX games with no folders is asking for inevitable problems. It is hard to follow a golden rule now since no system is the same (especially with the introduction of hmods), I suppose it will also make a difference if you have added 150mb or 314mb of games loaded on your system. A lot of people (on Reddit and other forums) still recommend to keep following the old rule. Hopefully this will be resolved one day, till then I'll stick with folders. Maybe that is the reason why the option to hide the thumbnails at the bottom of the screen was removed (just guessing) shouldn't put more then 40 games in a folder anyway.

Last edited by jelmer,
Reactions: maande80

Mad-Mega

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there anyone who tried to run Colecovision games ?
They should run on the GBA emu but i am not sure how to do that.
Should i just load a Colecovision game and change the path to GBA ?

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is it okay to put 30 games, with each size --let's say 5 MB-- in one folder (=150 MB), as long as the number of games are no more than 30/40?
Yes. After 2.14 version, there's no more 30 MB folder limit, but if you want 4 saves per game put max 30 games in each folder

Reactions: maande80

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you're trying to play arcade games, how do you tell it what fb alpha core to use ? Also, it says "The BIOS files must be inside the game directory." What bios and where do I put them ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro