Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My reply I guess got erased on my part..Yes in my post I finally opened up the a26 file..
shexec retroarch-clover stella "$@"

That file is fine for Atari..your other stella file for me didn't work. I have found in my testing from the very first new hakchi 2.12 , as long as you have the cloverapp.zip in the games folder, and add it as a game in the games lisitng, it shows up as retroarch in the games list and main game GUI. You can still add any core in the user_mods/retroarch.hmod /bin folder (original hakchi 2.12 and first retroarch.hmod folder) and direct it to in hakchi 2.12) / bin /path-to-your-app and it works. This is without adding Retroarch module everytime. Adding retroarch module everytime for me doesn't work for syncing and playing games. Takes you from the game back to black screen then main NES GUI. But thanks for your answer tho..
I couldn't agree with you more bro. That's how I am. I just changed out my own cores etc. don't need to download someone else's mod. I have said this countless times and people still don't get how easy it is and still want like pcms mod. I have made snes9x2005 my default core but I have only dkc series using snes9x2010 cause I think it plays better. And I made mgba my default gba core and deleted other gba core. And have mario kart 64 rolling with glupen64 without anyone's else's mod.

Last edited by youngtune27,
Reactions: Rob911 and maande80

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone tried majora mask or oracina of time on NES mini? its under 30 MB according to site i use

''
Direct Download:
File Size: 26M''

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a few pages behind (like 20+)...so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...Yay!

nYYEN4O.png

Edit: @Cluster, I wish you would reconsider the pull request for the retroarch checkbox. Maybe if it only shows if the module is installed?

Last edited by jphriendly,

ArcNoculus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried majora mask or oracina of time on NES mini? its under 30 MB according to site i use

''
Direct Download:
File Size: 26M''

I have MM working on my system, but it actually shows a size of 32MB. But I'm having some issues with saving on N64 and also diagonal analog movement isn't calibrated properly.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a few pages behind (like 20+)...so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned...Yay!

nYYEN4O.png

Edit: @Cluster, I wish you would reconsider the pull request for the retroarch checkbox. Maybe if it only shows if the module is installed?
While this is super cool... I am not convinced all 300MB is actually being transferred. At least with my system it "appears" to work as expected. However, in reality only about 220megs of ROMs seem to actually transfer when everything is said and done. You can compare the folder with the one on the PC and find that games are missing from it (or in some rare cases the games from 220mb-300mb show up, but won't launch because you can confirm through RetroArch->Load Content that the actual ROM isn't on the NESC).

Last edited by BrettX1234,

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wario land and it works normally, not slowly (played just few minutes). Maybe bad ROMs or old core? Just try my one when it will be released! I just test if cores are running games, I am not able to full deeply test many games, there are users for that ;)

I just tried the core you gave to pcm. It is actually not working. The game plays, but slower... and it will crash the system. You should try again and let pcm know so he can delete it.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashing takes forever. Keeping count this time. Just started the 7th....wait, 8th "Don't worry!" :D
Yeah I know lol lastnight I maxed out. It say 321 was too much then got it down so knew it was around 300. It takes forever to flash I know. It's like a half hour of just watching the computer and you can never get it back haha

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it did, if i went to the end of the list ( which was all boxart instead of all the folders it is now ) it was a folder icon but i could click it. I think what i'm trying to convey is i have no box art whatsoever on my main page anymore. It's all folder icons. Where as i used to have box art with folder icons at the end.
I guess i'll just have to settle for the way it is now unless i can find a clear description of what each one of the options under the pages/folders section at the top of the hakchi2 program.
I think I understand what you are describing...
It depends on the number of total roms, compared to the number of roms per folder.
If you have 548 games, you need to set it so that 60 games per folder are displayed. If you had 300 roms, 30 per folder, 400 roms/40 per folder... etc.

Hope that makes sense but it worked for me. But the larger the # per folder, the less saves you get.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
source from where? it feature cluster is working on ? 2.13 hakchi lol ?

I've (others too) posted on how to compile the source from Github. It's already implemented. It's a release candidate version.

"Install Visual Studio Community 2015 (uncheck the web tools during install to save ~2gb). Download the source zip from Github. Unpack. Open the folder. Open the file hakchi_gui.csproj in Visual Studio. Change build settings to "Release" and then build/compile the project. When finished it will be located under bin>release. Easy peasy."

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2
https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover

Reactions: herm4n

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting . Going to look into this a bit more.
That would be awesome. I think the easiest way to check is just to load up several N64 games in separate folders. I mean it would only take 15-25 to hit the limit. I just don't have that many of them. If my theory is correct, not all of them will (likely) be on the menu, but even if they are, I'd question whether all the actually ROMs are on the system (as opposed to just the icon). I can't find any rhyme or reason as to which ones get transferred and which ones don't.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Cluster awesome work man! The dev video you made was a very good watch too.

Would it be possible to change the Scanline/CRT filter in some way? ...maybe change the code for something better, like "Lottes_CRT" ? ...That would be pretty cool

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my theory is correct, not all of them will (likely) be on the menu, but even if they are, I'd question whether all the actually ROMs are on the system (as opposed to just the icon). I can't find any rhyme or reason as to which ones get transferred and which ones don't.

Pilotwings 64 was the last thing I transferred at around ~270mb. Game shows up, gives a C8 and crashes on the next start...I need a new test game.

The last few NES games I added are there and work as expected.

Reflashing. :unsure:

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pilotwings 64 was the last thing I transferred at around ~270mb. Game shows up, gives a C8 and crashes on the next start...I need a new test game.

The last few NES games I added are there and work as expected.

Reflashing. :unsure:
Does it give the C8 error if you move the game into its own folder? It isn't always the last game you add that isn't transferred in my experience. It seems more related to the sequence in the folder structure than anything...

TokyoMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've (others too) posted on how to compile the source from Github. It's already implemented. It's a release candidate version.

"Install Visual Studio Community 2015 (uncheck the web tools during install to save ~2gb). Download the source zip from Github. Unpack. Open the folder. Open the file hakchi_gui.csproj in Visual Studio. Change build settings to "Release" and then build/compile the project. When finished it will be located under bin>release. Easy peasy."

https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2
https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover

Sounds easy, but some of us are basic users. Could you give use the new compiled release candidate through file drop or something like that?

Reactions: _Punk_Frog_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...