Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question..since I Have custom folders..how many games am I allowed to add to each folder..for example..each folder I have 30 games, I was told by someone that I was only allowed to have 30 in each folder not sure if that is accurate..I have a few more games I want to add so just wanted to know if I need to make another folder

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with any Sega games, but I have this happening for Donkey Kong Country 2. No screenshot or suspend state is created to save into a slot... Curious. I thought it may be the rom, but haven't found another one yet to try.

Also, Mario RPG will save a spot, but when you load from that saved state, the game freezes and sound is weird and continues to play, but you can't see or do anything... Just some of my experiences. I have tried multiple roms for Super Mario RPG and both snes9x2010 and snes9x2005(does run and sound better though, while playing with this core.)
It's the rom. Dkc2 won't let you either

Reactions: HecklerJH

kcsims

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have a dumb question - I have the global setting (--retroarch), but can I make .fds default back to the stock emulator so they will switch sides automatically (if this is possible) if anyone can shed any light on this, please let me know.

thanks.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with any Sega games, but I have this happening for Donkey Kong Country 2. No screenshot or suspend state is created to save into a slot... Curious. I thought it may be the rom, but haven't found another one yet to try.
First question under "Game Specific Issues" in the guide I created...

Q: Help! I can't save my game. No thumbnail appears when I hit the home button. A: The filename of the ROM (possible within the zip file) has a period somewhere in it. Remove the period and it should work. As of v1.12 the N64 does not currently support thumbnail saving, but you can use the "battery backup" option or create a save state within Retroarch.

See more in the link in my signature.

Last edited by BrettX1234,
Reactions: HecklerJH

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, I'll try it later once I'm home. It sounds easy enough so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

@pcm720

Ok, so I tried it and it's working.

When I was running the earlier version of Retroarch that DIDNT use nestopia for fds games, it didn't save the settings at all. I followed many videos and webpages that told me how to do it, and it wouldn't remember the settings for the life of me.

With the recent change in Retroarch, all is good for me now!

Thank you!

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question..since I Have custom folders..how many games am I allowed to add to each folder..for example..each folder I have 30 games, I was told by someone that I was only allowed to have 30 in each folder not sure if that is accurate..I have a few more games I want to add so just wanted to know if I need to make another folder
Also in the guide...

Help! I am getting a C8 error code? Combined you have too many ROMs & save files in a single navigation folder. The recommendation is no more than 30 games per navigational folder. When you include the original 30 games as visible you can have the following:
  • 1 slot per game: 65
  • 2 slots per game: 49
  • 3 slots per game: 39
  • 4 slots per game: 32
If you hade the original 30 games, but add them back in Hakchi you can have a few additional games. Please note this removes the screensaver demo reels as a result:
  • 1 slot per game: 99
  • 2 slots per game: 66
  • 3 slots per game: 49
  • 4 slots per game: 40
I'm waiting on confirmation if these limitations are different based off the different systems being emulated or not. Also, there might be other limitations including 30MB (which is mentioned in the link in my signature).

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also in the guide...

I'm waiting on confirmation if these limitations are different based off the different systems being emulated or not. Also, there might be other limitations including 30MB (which is mentioned in the link in my signature).
I think it is around 30mb. I tried to sync with 2 64 games that totaled 26mb. Also includes the n64 folder image. And it wouldn't allow that. Red light wouldn't go off during that sequence.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also in the guide...

Thank you for the confirmation..I dont want to start anything so will just leave it at 30 games each folder..I dont want an issue like the power light not turning off due to stretching the limit

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to start RetroArch within the game and change the save slot to 1. Going to add this to the guide right now.
Okay I knew that already. I have that setup. Was wondering if in game saves work for 64 tho?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the setting is good for some games that need a memory card to save
Does Mario kart 64 need a memory card to save?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, I hope that can be fixed in a future build! How can I force RetroArch to allow me to use the D-pad to control movement in N64 games?
I was wrong it changed. Analog works in all directions for me. Dpad doesn't tho. So like you I am wondering how to enable dpad for 64.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I knew that already. I have that setup. Was wondering if in game saves work for 64 tho?
Does Mario kart 64 need a memory card to save?
I believe I have seen them work on an N64 game, but I think they cleared either when I flashed the kernel or reinstall RetroArch. Not sure didn't spend much time looking at it...
The system by default emulates a memory card in Controller 1.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How also a High Definition mode, lost some frames, but compared with the libretro non build for the SoC A7...

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Is there a concern of the Mini overheating? How safe is it to run playststion games? It is capable of running them, but I would be worried that it could cause damage to the mini eventually.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a concern of the Mini overheating? How safe is it to run playststion games? It is capable of running them, but I would be worried that it could cause damage to the mini eventually.
Well a good friend, tells me about with N64 the mini is on Fire!(Really hot) This core cannot test at the moment.

Rgs.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't be a problem. It isn't much different than an iPhone or Pi. I have yet to see my NESC get warm. However, space limitations and other factors are going to significantly limit the PlayStation emulation.

Well a good friend, tells me about with N64 the mini is on Fire!(Really hot) This core cannot test at the moment.
How long was he playing the game?!? I haven't seen/heard this happen at all. Remember these devices can obviously get warm, but they are designed to do that. There is a difference between warm and on "fire".

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe I have seen them work, but I think they cleared either when I flashed the kernel or reinstall RetroArch. Not sure didn't spend much time looking at it...
Every time you resend retro in modules it resets everything. That's fine tho. Like how to open up retro once you've started a game. Was working for me and then just stopped. Wouldn't let me bring it up anymore. So just had to resend the mod and it reset and fixed it then just add to make z button active again for mario kart each time I resend mod but oh well.

BrettX1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I am missing ATM:
- enabling save states for N64 games (especially mario 64)
- little tweaking folder behaviour: when there are 4 items/folders only and I move to the very righ item everything jumps completely to the left although there no more items to display.

any ideas? :ph34r:

I am glad that people work on the FAQs. It is pretty hard for newcomers to see this through by that amount of posts in this thread. :ha:
Thanks!. Just added the save states question to the guide. But I am not 100% confident in it. At least it will get you started. Regarding the 4 items/folder, you need to have at least 12 games in the folder if the minor animation glitches annoy you.

Reactions: herm4n

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: How is everyone?