Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ClusterM Merge branch 'master' of https://github.com/ClusterM/hakchi2 15 minutes ago :O

Progress boys.

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI...Seems last night's issues with the project file are sorted. However, it also looks like a few new errors were introduced. Trying to build with the most recent commits (r263) will fail.

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, its come to this. After lurking around here I made an account. So hello to you all, can anyone tell me how to set up the notifications. I have came here so many times today hoping for 2.12 to drop and I think the option to be notified when there is a new post would work out better for me.

Aloha, @Spicoli1980. No idea on the notifications. Just refresh :-)

thebeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are there any news about GBA games testing?

In my dream machine the trilogy of Mother/earthbound is still waiting!

I guess i will wait for mini SNES Classic for others games...

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah a PCengine emulator isn't included in that pack which is strange as it's another great system that only has 2 buttons on the pad so would fit in perfect with the standard nes controller (as opposed to snes, gba, n64 and Sega megadrive cores which have 3+ buttons for those systems)?

I assume it's easy enough to add this system on though manually? Hopefully ClusterM can add this as a default too in the future if that core works fine? ...And I assume would run things much better compared to say n64 which is something would never run that well for most of the library of games (my nvidia shield struggles with some of the higher demanding n64 titles so the nes mini has no hope here) ?

Last edited by MrTea,

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah a pc engine emulator isn't included in that pack which is strange as its another great system that only has 2 buttons on the pad so would fit in perfect with the standard nes controller (as opposed to snes, gba, n64 and Sega megadrive cores which have 3+ buttons for those systems)?

I assume it's easy enough to add this system on though manually?
I believe it is, I have not added one yet to the build I compiled from github. In the current 2.11 build, you download the core from the libretro site on page 139, then place it in the cores folder of RA. Then when loading the RA gui you just select the new core and select the content.

I will try that tomorrow with PCE core, I left my NESC over at my friends so he can play a bunch of the SNES and Genesis games.
I can also confirm like the video on here a couple of pages back stating that the PDP fight pads for the Wii U work fine in RA with mapping the buttons, just the layout is odd for many games lol. But it totally works, I picked up one of each :P.
10361363.jpg
10381641.jpg

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe it is, I have not added one yet to the build I compiled from github. In the current 2.11 build, you download the core from the libretro site on page 139, then place it in the cores folder of RA. Then when loading the RA gui you just select the new core and select the content.

I will try that tomorrow with PCE core, I left my NESC over at my friends so he can play a bunch of the SNES and Genesis games.
I can also confirm like the video on here a couple of pages back stating that the PDP fight pads for the Wii U work fine in RA with mapping the buttons, just the layout is odd for many games lol. But it totally works, I picked up one of each :P.
10361363.jpg
10381641.jpg

Ah cool as guess it won't be that long hopefully to an official release so I'll give that core a whirl then and test. I'm also hoping the 8bitdo pads get added driver support into retroarch as get my receiver in about a weeks time... Failing that I'll use my classic controller or tatsunoko joystick for RA games as they both worked fine In previous build.

Kobe46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah cool as guess it won't be that long hopefully to an official release so I'll give that core a whirl then and test. I'm also hoping the 8bitdo pads get added driver support into retroarch as get my receiver in about a weeks time... Failing that I'll use my classic controller or tatsunoko joystick for RA games as they both worked fine In previous build.
Yea, I own 4 8Bitdo pads, since I bought 2 NES30 for the receiver, and had a SNES30 and SFC30 from before. The problem is not RA, its 8Bitdo. The drivers on the NESC receiver only sets A and B buttons. So if their was a firmware to extend it to remap outside of that would be nice, I found this out via CalamityRaven pointing it out it was on the 8Bitdo site http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes-classic/Manual.html

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea, I own 4 8Bitdo pads, since I bought 2 NES30 for the receiver, and had a SNES30 and SFC30 from before. The problem is not RA, its 8Bitdo. The drivers on the NESC receiver only sets A and B buttons. So if their was a firmware to extend it to remap outside of that would be nice, I found this out via CalamityRaven pointing it out it was on the 8Bitdo site http://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-nes-classic/Manual.html

Yeah I've also had a few of these controllers around my house for a while now (amazing pads)...

2m2clf7.jpg

5oe0cz.jpg

21c8e3b.jpg

:)

8bitdo have a forum so maybe put in a firmware update request there?

Last edited by MrTea,

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a few questions regarding the new version:
- is it possible not to show the retroarch icon in the Nes Mini menu?
- is it possible to have less than 12 items (I was thinking to add two "expansion packs" of 10 games each, for a total of 50 games on the systemp)
- is this bug related to the previous point? I saw on a video of Nesito that the "back" folder was changing place each time he launched games (sometimes at the left or right, sometimes between games)

Thank you!

Last edited by Hellequin,

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got that one from eBay.

I originally had for one for free from Club Nintendo as it was something that was available in Europe and Japan but sold it ages ago as I didn't think I'd ever need it again. The one from eBay cost me just over £40 but I was going to need to get a SNES controller at some point and I knew how good this was and the alternatives weren't that different in terms of cost and they're also not made by Nintendo, which this is.

I sold the original controller for a hell of a lot more than paid for this one so although the first one was free, it's sort of paid for the second one.

It's a wonderful controller and I can't recommend it enough to people if you can get them for a good price. It also has a slightly longer lead than the official NES version but I still use extension cables with both.

I do prefer the packaging on the Super Famicom Version though, not that it really matters.

$_1.JPG

post-3103-0-95803100-1310306405.jpg
This controller works with SNES games with RetroArch?

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A design suggestion. About the folders icon, would be great that the four circles of the save states keep hidden, as well as the one or two players indication. Only in the folders, not in the games icon. Thanks.

cyenz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
finally manage to run the new build directly to vstudio, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to add other consoles games?

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
The "new" core for N64 GlupeN64 on video on Mini NES Classic at Hakchi 2.12 RC3. As usual in me, was from worst to better.

Test on Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64, check the performance improvement in SSB intro without the bilinear filter at minute 14:45

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

That's great I am going to test this out, so is it possible to assign your own cores in v2.12 or do we have to do which ever core is included?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude