Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to take a save file from the wii or 3ds versions of games (.sav) and convert it to be used with the SNES Classic? I figured it may work since they're the same type of games as the Virtual Console.

As in say I have Earthbound for the 3ds, I'm 4 hours in and don't want to start over. Can that be changed so that the SNES Classic recognizes it?

Last edited by PPlays,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing around in retroarch and I was able to use LocalHorst86's overlay module to do this:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QUBFMmvHCxq1mYZz1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6n66YDoby0mEv2L82
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LJV0VYkc1BLqsE0y2
view

Nice!!! Howwever, we rather SNES Mini to remain SNES games/roms only since we keep NES Classic Mini with addition NES roms as well. No retroarch for us and dont care about retroarch. We are fine with another games on PC. Anyway, I am hoping for Game boy colour mini for game boy games/roms in the future. No, not interested in N64 mini at all.

SWChris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im updating from hakchi 2.20 to 2.21 from zip do i have to erase everything and redump?

No. You should be able to install 2.21 in place over 2.20. If that makes you nervous, make a copy of the 2.20 folder. Preferably you should use the web installer. It automates this process for you. :)

skufo88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i jus copied the folders over thank you!!.... also specifically im trying to run nba ja te and wrestlemania arcade game on fba but it is not working is there not a work around? also i tried mk2 arcade version also not working any help possible thanks

kevinamold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding use of hakchi with snes, how many games can you fit on one screen before the box arts get cut off? Also, when you add new games, does the "save states turning into video previews" thing still work with the new games? I know the amount of video it retained with the original games veried in length and just wondering how that would work with new random games added.

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding use of hakchi with snes, how many games can you fit on one screen before the box arts get cut off? Also, when you add new games, does the "save states turning into video previews" thing still work with the new games? I know the amount of video it retained with the original games veried in length and just wondering how that would work with new random games added.
I believe It's around 40 or 50. And yes the My Game Demo mode will take the save states from all the games installed (from a single folder/home page)

Last edited by PPlays,

hmiem81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now that Street Fighter Alpha is working, what is going on with the sprite in the middle of the Uniracers rom? I wish I knew more about the editing of the code but I don't.

kevinamold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe It's around 40 or 50. And yes the My Game Demo mode will take the save states from all the games installed.

Nice. What is the length of the demos for added games? I know secret of mana was something like 10 minutes. If that's the case for everything added, I could see save states being huge (which will limit how many games I end up adding).

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every Most untouched SNES ROMs have region checks built in. Those region checks are nothing new and exist since the existence of the SNES. You can patch them out using a tool or do it manually with a hex editor. There are instructions for that on the internet. Those region checks are the reason why you can't play NTSC ROMs on an EU SNES Mini without removing the region checks first. PAL ROMs converted to NTSC won't run on an EU SNES Mini if they don't have the region checks patched out. If an NTSC ROM downloaded off the internet works with the EU SNES mini, then that mean that ROM already is region free patched or is a ROM without region checks.

Ok so the issue is simply "pal' based roms wont' work because "Canoe" is only designed to read NTSC roms? Otherwise the PAL region/block/system protection message pops up, unless they are patched to bypass the 'warning'.... The emulator basically was only designed to read NTSC roms, and like the origina NTSC machines only picks up on the pal warning screen, if Pal rom is used unpatched.

Last edited by Baggins,

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. What is the length of the demos for added games? I know secret of mana was something like 10 minutes. If that's the case for everything added, I could see save states being huge (which will limit how many games I end up adding).
It's different for each game. The newest release of Hakchi fixes that a little bit by moving the files to the NAND. So that frees up a bit of space.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So do you keep a separate installation of Hackchi for each system you own? To avoid files 'overlapping'?
You can save game presets under the "File" tab I believe. I assume you'd have to change the console type under "tools" or "settings" tab as well.

Last edited by PPlays,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok so the issue is simply "pal' based roms wont' work because "Canoe" is only designed to read NTSC roms? Otherwise the PAL region/block/system protection message pops up, unless they are patched to bypass the 'warning'.... The emulator basically was only designed to read NTSC roms, and like the origina NTSC machines only picks up on the pal warning screen, if PAl is used unpatched.
I don't know why PAL ROMs won't work. I never tried it. I only tried NTSC ROMs on my EU SNES mini. But as far as the region stuff goes, well it sounds crazy but imagine Canoe is an actual SNES. When you boot a ROM with that, region code in that ROM will check which region the SNES is and if there is no match, you get the "this game pak is not designed for your SNES"message. ROMs that have those region checks removed obviously won't perform a region check and run as if the region matches. You can search for region checks yourself using a hex editor:

PAL/NTSC checks
Most SNES games have code which detects which video system the cartridge is being played on and refuses to run if not in the right mode. This is to stop people from buying games from other countries before they are released locally.

To bypass the PAL/NTSC check the following patterns must be found and replaced with the ones specified: (all codes in hex)

Search for Replace with
3F 21 29 10 C9 10 F0 3F 21 29 10 C9 10 80
3F 21 89 10 C9 10 F0 3F 21 89 10 C9 10 80
3F 21 29 10 F0 3F 21 29 10 80
3F 21 00 89 10 F0 3F 21 00 89 10 80
3F 21 00 29 10 F0 3F 21 00 29 10 80
3F 21 89 10 00 F0 3F 21 89 10 00 80
3F 21 29 10 00 F0 3F 21 29 10 00 80
AD 3F 21 29 10 00 D0 AD 3F 21 29 10 00 80
AF 3F 21 00 29 10 D0 AF 3F 21 00 29 10 80
AF 3F 21 00 29 10 00 D0 AF 3F 21 00 29 10 00 EA EA
AD 3F 21 29 10 D0 AD 3F 21 29 10 EA EA
AD 3F 21 29 10 F0 AD 3F 21 29 10 80
AD 3F 21 89 10 D0 AD 3F 21 89 10 80
AD 3F 21 29 10 C9 00 F0 AD 3F 21 29 10 C9 00 80
AF 3F 21 00 29 10 00 F0 AF 3F 21 00 29 10 00 80
AF 3F 21 00 89 10 00 F0 AF 3F 21 00 89 10 00 80

Source

Reactions: Baggins and PPlays

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why PAL ROMs won't work. I never tried it. I only tried NTSC ROMs on my EU SNES mini. But as far as the region stuff goes, well it sounds crazy but imagine Canoe is an actual SNES. When you boot a ROM with that, region code in that ROM will check which region the SNES is and if there is no match, you get the "this game pak is not designed for your SNES"message. ROMs that have those region checks removed obviously won't perform a region check and run as if the region matches. You can search for region checks yourself using a hex editor:

Source
Awesome post man. I don't supposed you know anything about save files?

Ciccio8412

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Code:
root@CLOVER:/# /usr/bin/clover-kachikachi --help
+ export MALI_NOCLEAR=1
+ exec kachikachi --fullscreen --sync-guest-with-host --fds-initial-disk-insert-on-keypress --fds-auto-disk-side-switch --fds-disable-host-guest-sync-on-disk-op --keep-aspect-ratio --help
Core needs an UTF-8 C locale, we set it to "en_US.UTF-8" instead of "C".
This is a global side-effect and is subject to change, please don't rely on this.
Kachikachi - v28.0.20160804.dev
===============================
Kachikachi
==========
--help, -h                                                       Print usage and exit.
--command=<file>                                                 Use file as the contents of the command line (one arg per line).
--log=<file>                                                     Log to file instead of stdout. Defaults to stdout
--ask, -a                                                        Ask for a rom and execute it.
--scale=<1..16>                                                  Specify the initial scale of the window.
--topmost                                                        Do not put window topmost.
--fullscreen                                                     Enable full screen display.
--keep-aspect-ratio                                              Stretch the display while keeping the correct aspect ratio. (default)
--stretch                                                        Stretch the display to the maximum size available.
--pixel-perfect                                                  Stretch source pixels while keeping an integer target size.
--mute                                                           Start ROM with mute sound.
--pause-on-lost-focus                                            Pause the emulator when the window loses focus.
--dont-show-debug-infos                                          Disable debug display on screen.
--sync-guest-with-wall                                           Synchronize emulation with wall time.
--sync-guest-with-host                                           Synchronize emulation with host.
--sync-guest-none                                                Don't synchronize emulation, run as fast as possible.
--load-state-slot=<index>, -lss<index>                           Load save state by index.
--load-state-file=<filename>, -lsf<filename>                     Load save state by filename.
--delete-after-load                                              Delete save state after a successful load.
--dim-screen-after=<s>                                           Dim screen after <s> seconds of inactivity.
--volume=<0..100>                                                Set sound volume (default: 100).
--nes-version=[ntsc|pal]                                         Specify the NES version (default is NTSC).
--graphic-filter=<index/name>                                    Specify the graphic filter (refer to code for values).
--mem-init-pattern=[zero|type_1|type_0]                          Memory initialization pattern.
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch                                      Automatic disk side switch detection
--fds-auto-disk-side-switch-on-keypress                          When a disk side switch is detected, only insert the other disk side on the next keypress
--fds-initial-disk-insert-delay=<value in frame count>           Set initial disk insertion delay
--fds-initial-disk-insert-on-keypress                            Initial disk insertion on keypress
--fds-bios-file-name=<fds bios file name>                        Specify bios file to load (default to fds_bios.bin)
--fds-disable-host-guest-sync-on-disk-op                         disable host/guest synchronization during disk operation
--fds-disk-switch-side-delay=<delay in frames>                   Delay in frames between disk ejection and insertion
--delete-previous-record,                                        Delete previous input records (if it exists).
--record-inputs=<filename>,                                      Start or resume the specified input capture.
--replay-inputs=<filename>,                                      Replay the specified input capture and exit.
--input-record-checkpoint-period=<period>,                       Save checkpoints during input recording at the specified period, in number of guest frames.
--input-record-exit-frame=<frame>,                               Save a checkpoint during input recording at the specified guest frame and exit.
--input-record-cache=<directory>,                                Enable checkpoint cache during input recording and set its path the specified directory.
--input-replay-screenshot-period=<period>,                       Take guest screenshots during input replay at the specified period, in number of guest frames.
--input-replay-screenshot-path=<path>,                           The path where replay auto-screenshots will be saved.
--input-replay-screenshot-to-stdout,                             Put the screenshot to stdout (works only with build that have no other outputs.
--input-capture-cut-path=<directory>,                            Set the directory where input capture cuts will be saved.
--input-replay-print-total-duration,                             Print the duration of the input replay.
--save-data-backing-file=<filename>                              Use the specified file for save data (SRAM or FDS writes), specifying an empty filename disable save data management.
--save-on-quit=<filename>                                        Save state to the desired location on quit event.
--save-screenshot-on-quit=<filename>                             Save screenshot to the desired location on quit event.
--enable-crt-scanlines, -sc                                      Enable CRT-like scanlines.
--enable-armet                                                   Enable Armet filter.
--armet-threshold=<t>                                            Armet Detection Threshold (default is 20).
--set-dac-filters=[APU_FDS_14kHz|APU_14kHz_FDS_2kHz|none]        Set DAC filters (default: APU_FDS_14kHz).
--guest-overscan-dimensions=<l,r,t,b>                            Set the number of black PPU pixels on the four screen borders.
--initial-fadein-durations=<t0,t1>                               Set the initial fadein durations in 1/10 of seconds. t0=blackscreen duration, t1=fadein duration.
--ppu-palette=<index/name>                                       Specify the PPU palette (refer to code for values).
--ppu-palette-file=<filename>                                    Specify the .pal palette file.
But many of them are not working for some reason.
There is a way to add graphic filter in native nes mini emulator? In line argument i see "--graphic-filter=<index/name> Specify the graphic filter (refer to code for values)"....... What "code for values"?

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Source

So you are getting warning messages from NTSC games trying to run it on the Europe SNES MINI?

If so, this is what sounds weird, because why would there need to be UK region lock, if its using American NTSC roms in the first place? Why did they go into the trouble of incorporating the 'region lock/pal/ntsc' warnings?

Going back to the original PAL SNES, was there a message that would pop up if you attempted to run a Japanese cartridge in the PAL system? Or if you were to somehow how get a US cart to fit into the system (changing the case for example)?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So you are getting warning messages from NTSC games trying to run it on the Europe SNES MINI
If they are ROMs with region check, yes.

If so, this is what sounds weird, because why would there need to be UK region lock, if its using American NTSC roms in the first place? Why did they go into the trouble of incorporating the 'region lock/pal/ntsc' warnings?
They made those 21 NTSC ROMs that are included work with a EU SNES because they are faster than PAL ROMs and the PAL/NTSC issue of TVs doesn't exist anymore. They could have included the PAL ROMs instead, but then people from Europe would cry because they get slower versions of their games. The region checks were made more than two decades ago. They didn't add anything new.

Going back to the original PAL SNES, was there a message that would pop up if you attempted to run a Japanese cartridge in the PAL system? Or if you were to somehow how get a US cart to fit into the system (changing the case for example)?
If it's a cartridge with region check, yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there