Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a few games like that..unzip the rom..unzip the sounds..put the files in a new folder...rename the new folder to the name of the rom....zip it using 7zip, and add it to the games list in hakchi and add it as an archive.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Piklz Nice blog...lots of good info there! Who's mod is that for the controller ? Did you do the mod yourself?
thx! yes i did that controller, as at the time i didnt realise reset mode with standard pads was possible or doable but clusterm and co were so clever in finding waysaround that ! so software reset is great! so i got lucky with my clone padsthat had the circuitry already in them to allow such a 'home'style button command

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@rot86 I added pc-engine games on mine and the sounds were in .pce format.

@Piklz Great job !Still a nice mod for the controller either way ! Where did you purchase the button? Do the nes pads have the same spots for it to be installed?

Last edited by ByteThis,

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@ByteThis I would like to play better in the version of mame2000 or mame2003, since i consider it more official, could you tell me how to put the files for that version?

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@rot86 Don't the files you downloaded already have the sound in the game? Or are you trying to customize it with diff sounds? What is the extension of the sound files you are trying to add?

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Bro @pcm720 . Just wanna let you now that pcsx_rearmed.hmod that you had on Github lacked these options:

- Enabled interlacing mode
- Enhanced Resolution (slow)
- Enhanced Resolution Speed

I got another .hmod from @AndyVr that he got from DSkywalk's Github, and by enabling those 3 options, the game could run well. Maybe you could update it in the next version.

Thank you.

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@ByteThis These are the files that are inside the original rom invaders.zip

invaders.e
invaders.f
invaders.g
invaders.h

and the sample sounds are these:

0.wav... 12.wav (12 files)

What should I do with them?

thx.

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
@rot86 I added pc-engine games on mine and the sounds were in .pce format.

@Piklz Great job !Still a nice mod for the controller either way ! Where did you purchase the button? Do the nes pads have the same spots for it to be installed?
thats a good point which i forgot to try (i was supposed to lol but got busy playin games!) i will test the official ones also maybe they can do the same reset with a button..the one good thing is that its instant reset ..button feels nice other than that im glad we have reset mode fro mhakchi lol the button i stole from a recent skybox but any old button from some dead gadget will suffice!like a remote control or old radio with those nice push clicky buttons ebay has alot of them too

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@rot86 Did you try to put the sounds( in zipped format) in the game folder that was created after you added space invaders?

@Piklz Yea ..I would prefer an instant reset myself. Would be faster than the time it takes holding buttons which seems like an eternity sometimes..lol..

I will have to buy another controller and try it ! Thanks man! It's a cool mod !

Last edited by ByteThis,

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay so, everything has pretty much run smoothly so far. These games have unsupported mappers though:
- Legend of Getsu Fuma - mapper #23
- I'm Kid Dracula - mapper #23
- Gradius II - mapper #25
- After Burner - mapper #68
- After Burner II - mapper #68
- Batman Return of the Joker - mapper #69
- Gimmick - mapper #69
Does anyone know of any patches to make these work?

Also, Mysterious Murasame Castle doesn't really switch to side B. I've checked it and the command prompt is there, it just doesn't do anything when I press a button. Any idea on what I could be missing?

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm using version 2.14, I started hacking the NES mini yesterday. All those were flagged as unsupported.
I mean, I've currently have 90 games installed, I'll survive.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using version 2.14, I started hacking the NES mini yesterday. All those were flagged as unsupported.
I mean, I've currently have 90 games installed, I'll survive.

Ahh...you missed out on sitting here forever waiting for the games to load in hakchi..lucky you..lol..add the games,,am sure they will work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@rot86 Just use the zip file you downloaded with the sound samples inside. No need to change the name.

What is the name of it right now?

Last edited by ByteThis,

rot86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@ByteThis I've tried to put it inside the game file itself, but it does not sound anything :( I think retroarch does not recognize .wav

invaders.zip

Attachments

• invaders.png
    invaders.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 168
  • invaders2.png
    invaders2.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 154
Last edited by rot86,

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am only able to get one psx game to work (Ridge Racer) flawlessly. Its the only game I have in my ripped collection which is 1,932 kb every other game is closer to 300,000 kb. So selecting any other game puts me over the limit in Hakchi2 (by just adding one more game) also ridgeracer is the only game with a image file.. the rest are .bin and .cue's...not sure what I am missing here but any help would be great.

Thanks in Advance

Bigjdoberman

n2k_38

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can anybody help...?
I Need a Tutorial to start MAME Games on the Start Screen at nes Mini. I add Games and Start it, but dont start it Return to Menü.

Thanks

JohnnyOak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ahh...you missed out on sitting here forever waiting for the games to load in hakchi..lucky you..lol..add the games,,am sure they will work.
I tried that, they do not. All of them give me a "C6: Suspension Point cannot be used." error, or something along those lines.
The FDS games give me a C7 error when trying to switch sides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: