Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I uploaded about 800 roms in custom folders divided by the initial (A B C D etc.).

I noticed that, as before (with version 2.11 and automatic folders), if I browse too many folders or too boot many games (in one session), the system crashes and if I try to shut down appears C8 ERROR and the next power returns to the INITIAL SETTINGS.

It just happens to me?

Yeah I had that after testing about 30 mame games in a row. They all work fine but I get the c8 error now and again... It's like the memory doesn't clear and the mini gets that message as runs out of space to carry on working?

I guess just don't play many bigger games in a row without reseting the mini is the short fix for now?

It's great how many games we can have on here now though due to the compression added by hakch (and the ability to see what space is left). I've got every title I could wish for on here working now. :)

Last edited by MrTea,
Reactions: Pr0jectZer0

Maurobr76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, currently it's impossible to use CRT filter with Nestopia. Use kachikachi for FDS games instead.

Update Hakchi2 to v. 2.13e and try to add the game again, change /bin/zip to /bin/fba

But i wait and see if it Will be fixed.

dandeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uploaded about 800 roms in custom folders divided by the initial (A B C D etc.).

I noticed that, as before (with version 2.11 and automatic folders), if I browse too many folders or too boot many games (in one session), the system crashes and if I try to shut down appears C8 ERROR and the next power returns to the INITIAL SETTINGS.

It just happens to me?
also the initial settings screen is just a fluke. all of my save states were intact after i c8'd out of my nesce

Clint13579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got Murasame running on retro arch but I can't seem to figure out how to flip the disk.

@pcm720 mentioned the flip on key press that's in the command line but how do I map the key press to flip he disk?

Thanks for he help!

diobrando19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I change the order of the folders? I want it to go NES, SMS, Genesis, and SNES. But I can't figure out how to move them. I want them displayed on the mini a certain way.

How did you access that window? I can't seem to access custom folders on my end.

MiLToS_666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
2.13e fixed the "led-always-on" problem for me as well and it "successfully" synced 842 games with total size 285MB. That includes 700+ NES games and around 15-20 each from GB, GBC, SNES, SMS, MD and one N64. ALL games have artwork that I hand picked and each system has its own folder, the NES games are split by letter. I can start all the non-NES games fine. The original 30 games work as well. But... ALL my NES games do not load, it simply throws me back to the menu again. Had the same issue since 2.12 after some point that I synced more games. Is it too many games perhaps? Any suggestions?

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia

DSC

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i got a problem with the retroarch controller settings.
I use the wii classic controller pro and all works fine.
Then i went to the retroarch controller settings and changed them.
Now my controller don´t work within the retroarch and the snes / mega drive roms.
All of the nes roms work fine with the controller.
Flashing custom kernal and bringing the nes mini to the factor settings don´t bring changes.
Is there any possiblity to reset the retroarch settings ?.
Thanks for your help.

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I change the order of the folders? I want it to go NES, SMS, Genesis, and SNES. But I can't figure out how to move them. I want them displayed on the mini a certain way.
Then change the name of those folders. nes to W, SMS to X, gensesis to Y and snes to z. Then Realphabatize then. It will put those in alphabetical order. Then just rename the folders back to their names again.

Last edited by youngtune27,

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, currently it's impossible to use CRT filter with Nestopia. Use kachikachi for FDS games instead.

Update Hakchi2 to v. 2.13e and try to add the game again, change /bin/zip to /bin/fba

I updated to 2.13 and re-added some SNES games for the compression, but I have NOT synced the games yet. So I don't know if I'm going to have the "LED stays on" issue. Should I just update to 2.13e first, to be safe, and then sync games? Or will I need to re-add the SNES games yet again after updating to 2.13e?

(Note: This doesn't have to do with CRT issue, just whether or not I need to re-add games again if I want to go from 2.13 to 2.13e)

Last edited by chillmodious,

Pr0jectZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah I had that after testing about 30 mame games in a row. They all work fine but I get the c8 error now and again... It's like the memory doesn't clear and the mini gets that message as runs out of space to carry on working?

I guess just don't play many bigger games in a row without reseting the mini is the short fix for now?

It's great how many games we can have on here now though due to the compression added by hakch (and the ability to see what space is left). I've got every title I could wish for on here working now. :)
This type of C8 ERROR is fixable?

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
I updated to 2.13 and re-added some SNES games for the compression, but I have NOT synced the games yet. So I don't know if I'm going to have the "LED stays on" issue. Should I just update to 2.13e first, to be safe, and then sync games? Or will I need to re-add the SNES games yet again after updating to 2.13e?

(Note: This doesn't have to do with CRT issue, just whether or not I need to re-add games again if I want to go from 2.13 to 2.13e)
It's always better to use the latest version. You don't have to re-add any of the games.

Reactions: chillmodious

nenned

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do arcade games work? I added both Donkey Kong and Street Fighter II Turbo to hakchi, choosing "import as archive" when prompted. However, the games wouldn't run- just take me back to the main menu. Then I edited the command line by replacing "zip" with "mame2003." This worked for Donkey Kong, but not for SF2Turbo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Are there instructions for adding arcade roms in 2.13?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played