Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

kaz321123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nenned said:
So how do arcade games work? I added both Donkey Kong and Street Fighter II Turbo to hakchi, choosing "import as archive" when prompted. However, the games wouldn't run- just take me back to the main menu. Then I edited the command line by replacing "zip" with "mame2003." This worked for Donkey Kong, but not for SF2Turbo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes my games wouldn't launch, and it was because I had spaces in the filename. So if you had SF TURBO.zip, you'd want SF_TURBO.zip. You might already have this, I'm just brainstorming.

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
nenned said:
So how do arcade games work? I added both Donkey Kong and Street Fighter II Turbo to hakchi, choosing "import as archive" when prompted. However, the games wouldn't run- just take me back to the main menu. Then I edited the command line by replacing "zip" with "mame2003." This worked for Donkey Kong, but not for SF2Turbo. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes my games wouldn't launch, and it was because I had spaces in the filename. So if you had SF TURBO.zip, you'd want SF_TURBO.zip. You might already have this, I'm just brainstorming.
sf2 turbo uses fba alpha

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance that we can get the ability to easily compress nes roms? right now, hakchi unzips them by default. This would free up some significant space

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Some more PSX games running on Mini NES Classic

It's a new build of the core PCSX more optimized, WIP, build by D_Skywalk.

Rgs.

Did you just remove the CD tracks in the ISO of Ridge Racer? I like to put it in my system but the ISO's I find are over 300 mb.

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you just remove the CD tracks in the ISO of Ridge Racer? I like to put it in my system but the ISO's I find are over 300 mb.
@nesito didn't remove anything, those game are rips from internet.

If anyone search a little can found a lot of rips under 30Mb, even I've seen a game of 55kb.....awesome, but i haven't tested because is a soccer game that I am not interested.

Reactions: jelmer

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
So I would replace "zip" in the command line with "fba alpha"?

How do we know what arcade games uses which core?
the command line is determined by the name of the files inside the bin folder,

Fbalpha: CPS1,CPS2, CPS3????, some MAME roms and neo geo
Fbalpha cps1: only CPS1
Fbalpha cps2: only cps2
Fbalpha neo geo: only neogeo
Fbalpha 2012: ???
mame2000: mame games, just like fbalpha but with less compatibilty (MAME 0.37b5)
mame2003: mame games, with some other non mames games with more compatibilty (MAME 0.78)

edited

Last edited by jeanfag,

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@nesito didn't remove anything, those game are rips from internet.

If anyone search a little can found a lot of rips under 30Mb, even I've seen a game of 55kb.....awesome, but i haven't tested because is a soccer game that I am not interested.
he told that he deleted the videos and the audio to reduce the size

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

actually is pretty easy you just need jpsxdec to see what files are audio and video and then open the rom with UltraIso and then delete those files and it will heavily shrink the size of the rom

Reactions: jelmer

vintageretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First of all, thank you all for doing this great stuff. It's also great that so many friendly user are here, which try to help and made this hole thing even better I paid the double price to get a classic mini an i love it. After a few problems i have now about 200 nes and snes games and they are working great (not tested all yet).

For beginners like me i highly rrecommend the youtube videos from eta prime
I know that there are many other fantastic videos but the one frm eta prime solved my problems. The viedeos are easy and in english and he is telling basics (which are enough for me).

Perhaps i can also help some members here.

Hi, i got a problem with the retroarch controller settings.
I use the wii classic controller pro and all works fine.
Then i went to the retroarch controller settings and changed them.
Now my controller don´t work within the retroarch and the snes / mega drive roms.
All of the nes roms work fine with the controller.
Flashing custom kernal and bringing the nes mini to the factor settings don´t bring changes.
Is there any possiblity to reset the retroarch settings ?.
Thanks for your help.

I'm using the 8Bitdo controller. It's the wireless version with four red buttons and the two shoulder buttons. I also had problems in the retroarch settings and after that, i was not able to navigate. For nes this controller is great but it doesen't work for snes.

What solved my problem:
Uninstalled the retroarch hmod from hackchi
copy a new retroarch hmod file in the correct folder
Intstall retroarch hmod again

Perhaps you don't habe to copy a new retroach ans just reinstall it. Id all of that and can now using my controller agai. I will buy another controller and a 10 feet cable ans use the 8Bitdo only for NES, maybe a PDP Wired Fight Pad for Wii U.

Sorry for that long text and for some mistakes. My english needs to grow up again:)

Regards from Switzerland

vintageretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Oh and sorry for double post. Is there any chance for having amiga games on the nes mini? I was a big amiga fan and i have no idea if this is possible.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Then change the name of those folders. To nes W, SMS to X, gensesis to Y and snes to z. Then Realphabatize then. It will put those in alphabetical order. Then just rename the folders back to their names again.
Got it! Wonderful!
Now I have my systems ordered by their release dates, and the the games for them ordered by release date as well. Fantastic.

One more thing, for anyone that knows. Can the mini run Sega CD games? I want to add Spiderman Vs Kingpin but I don't want to break my mini.

Reactions: youngtune27

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thank you all for doing this great stuff. It's also great that so many friendly user are here, which try to help and made this hole thing even better I paid the double price to get a classic mini an i love it. After a few problems i have now about 200 nes and snes games and they are working great (not tested all yet).

For beginners like me i highly rrecommend the youtube videos from eta prime
I know that there are many other fantastic videos but the one frm eta prime solved my problems. The viedeos are easy and in english and he is telling basics (which are enough for me).

Perhaps i can also help some members here.

I'm using the 8Bitdo controller. It's the wireless version with four red buttons and the two shoulder buttons. I also had problems in the retroarch settings and after that, i was not able to navigate. For nes this controller is great but it doesen't work for snes.

What solved my problem:
Uninstalled the retroarch hmod from hackchi
copy a new retroarch hmod file in the correct folder
Intstall retroarch hmod again

Perhaps you don't habe to copy a new retroach ans just reinstall it. Id all of that and can now using my controller agai. I will buy another controller and a 10 feet cable ans use the 8Bitdo only for NES, maybe a PDP Wired Fight Pad for Wii U.

Sorry for that long text and for some mistakes. My english needs to grow up again:)

Regards from Switzerland

Your English is just fine. Thank you for contributing and helping us out too.

Reactions: vintageretro

Flat4BRM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all...

First off, kudos to @Cluster. Amazing tool, and I'm floored as to the amount of customization and flexibility it provides.

Second, just wanted to say that the current release (2.1.12?) works flawlessly on my Lenovo Yoga (Win 10 x64). Looking forward to more great updates.

EDIT: I'm currently reading through the entire post (on page 70 so far...). Adding more NES titles, but I'm holding off installing other emu's until I'm fully caught up

Last edited by Flat4BRM,

saxman717

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So getting compressed NES ROMs on the system is effectively a no-go? (have inquired a few times abotu this over the past couple days and haven't heard any success stories)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...