Hacking [Guide] Install a9lh without buying anything in 11.2

Did you get a9lh from 11.2 following this guide?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys there is a way to see if I've done all the steps correctly? In the Settings Option I see Sys and NOT Ver, but other than that?
You finished the guide already? If so you are done. You should have Luma Updater and that proves that you are in Luma
I think when running freeshop it tells you what version of Luma you are on, but Im not sure.

Edit: I was confusing it with FBI but no it gives you other kind of info not Luma.
Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by jack_okami,

Kyoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys it is normal to see all this Files and Folder with a strange name in files9?
24zgih0.png
PS: Also I cannot open files9 folder with MicroSD Management ( So my N3DS connected via Internet to my PC )

Last edited by Kyoux,

Vverg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My NNID and games will be save if I do this or not?

My NNID stayed after the proces on my O3DS and N3DS. I think you need to save the tickets and reinstall them to keep your games.

Your device may not show your installed games after the ctrtransfer. This is due to the tickets being removed by the transfer, which is why you back them up. They will be restored at the end of the guide.

According to 3ds.guide you indeed need to backup those tickets ;)

Guys it is normal to see all this Files and Folder with a strange name in files9?

That's weird... I never saw that before. So guess it's not normal, but what it means I have no clue about.

Last edited by Vverg,

Scottishdanstfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanna say I'm a complete noob at 3ds modding and I did this straight away.. had problems with sound hax so used oothax instead but now have luma3ds and can use freeshop thanks guys!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I can format withou loose the CFW? I wanna clean the nnid that I inserted, only that. There is a easy away to unlink NNId ?

Reactions: Hyoretsu

ArChYoAtis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello at step 13 i do not have 0000008f folder i have 3 other folders 000002ce 00000098 and 00000227 what should i do?

Vverg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello at step 13 i do not have 0000008f folder i have 3 other folders 000002ce 00000098 and 00000227 what should i do?

If you have a 3DS from other region than U, follow these steps.
1. Go to http://soundhax.com/ and select the right config for region and device.
2. Instead of going to "Nintendo 3DS/(32 Character ID)/(32 Character ID)/extdata/00000000" and deleting the "0000008f" folder, delete "00000098" if yours is EUR, "00000082" if yours is JPN and "000000A9" if yours is KOR.

Always read the complete post if you do stuff like this, that prevents bricking ;) (not that this specific step will brick your 3ds)

Last edited by Vverg,
Reactions: ArChYoAtis

ArChYoAtis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Always read the complete post if you do stuff like this, that prevents bricking ;) (not that this specific step will brick your 3ds)
tnx for quick reply i did delete everything in that folder and it ended up with ctrnand error or something like this but then i did nand restore and it worked fine so i guess as long as ur in the 32 char folder and 0000000 folder its fine to delete everything there

Vverg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tnx for quick reply i did delete everything in that folder and it ended up with ctrnand error or something like this but then i did nand restore and it worked fine so i guess as long as ur in the 32 char folder and 0000000 folder its fine to delete everything there

You don't have to delete everything... just that 00000098 folder since you are Austrian and my guess is you have a EUR 3DS ^^.

plainstone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello, thanks to this tutorial, I've been able to succesfully mod my 2DS.
Being quite a noob in DS hacks, I was wondering how will I update my console in the future? Will the luma updater be enough? Thanks.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys there is a way to see if I've done all the steps correctly? In the Settings Option I see Sys and NOT Ver, but other than that?
That's a Luma thing, so you have a9lh now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what do you mean by "follow the guide from your emunand"?
Just to be sure first ,in my emunand i have to use Decrypt9WIP.3dsx to make a backup right? After that can i boot the sysnand and update to 11.2 and then just follow your guide?(without making the sysnand backup since i´ll have the emunand backup)
Sorry, meant to follow it from SysNAND.
24zgih0.png
PS: Also I cannot open files9 folder with MicroSD Management ( So my N3DS connected via Internet to my PC )
That means your microSD is corrupted.
I can format withou loose the CFW? I wanna clean the nnid that I inserted, only that. There is a easy away to unlink NNId ?
Yup.

If you get failed to mount ctrnand, continue like nothing happened. Just ignore it.

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hyoretsu - after step 8 you may want to add in Red asking peeps to make sure they make a backup of the current Nand in step 9. Some peeps aint making that ..just saying..

Scottishdanstfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hello, thanks to this tutorial, I've been able to succesfully mod my 2DS.
Being quite a noob in DS hacks, I was wondering how will I update my console in the future? Will the luma updater be enough? Thanks.

I would also like to know this

Scottishdanstfu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you update it normally from system settings (for Nintendo updates)..

For luma updates, use luma updater
So I won't lose luma cfw if I update from nintendo? Also if I wanted to revert it back to its normal factory state how would I do that?

Thanks for the help

japsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I update the system in future will I lost al9h and Luma3DS? Do I have to setup an emuNAND like on rxTools?

munchy_cool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I won't lose luma cfw if I update from nintendo? Also if I wanted to revert it back to its normal factory state how would I do that?

Thanks for the help

no , you wont lose Luma if you get an update from Nintendo ..

Normal factory state - well, we did all this hard work to hack it and now we aint going back ..its a one way street my friend ..lol..I joke ..

If I update the system in future will I lost al9h and Luma3DS? Do I have to setup an emuNAND like on rxTools?
no you wont lose it, emunand is not needed (unless you want it)..

Reactions: japsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1