Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by googie, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Guru Universalista

Guru Universalista Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi Googie. What's up how you doing. Got word of you through GamerzCorp, and wanted to check out what you do. Love what you guys are doing. Whatever you do with your mods, make sure Goku is always there. Guys love Dragon Ball Z like girls love Disney. I couldn't download your modpack eu. Did you remove it??? I must agree with Zezzo on getting a different picture on your site. I think we should all be responsible about our own and minds and people that fall under our responsibility. I really like the picture, but that is the problem. We are all thinking to free, without worrying about the consequences it might lead to. Much love in any case. Yours trully, Guru ...

2. googie
    OP

googie Leader of the Googie Gang

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the suggestions dude.

The Goku mod is DEFINITELY on the list for the next version of the mod pack. However, due to my extremely limited "free time" as of late, modding on all fronts has come to a halt. Kind of hard to put the time and care I usually do into making mods when I'm working 60+ hours a week, but rest assured that I have every intention of finishing what I started.

Among other things, the web-launcher I created will be getting an overhaul. I plan on creating several different themed versions of it, featuring different character art. They'll all function the same, so it's just a matter of picking the theme you like the most. Some of my planned themes include Rosalina, Smash Bros, and Link (just to name a few.) I might even do custom ones for people, but I might have to see if that's feasible. Maybe handle like commissions or something, since it's technically web design work at that point.

As for your question about the European version of the mod pack, I'd check in with @LordDakor. He handles the EU version, and as I don't have a EU Wii U console, I'm kinda at his mercy for testing that version of the mod pack (which he also hosts.)

Anyhow, I appreciate the input. Really hoping I'll be able to get back to work on the modpack once work gets a little less hectic for me.

3. Asancu

Asancu Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    It seems that the Music Only EU Version isn't the EU version, but the american one instead. Can you fix that?
    Thank you for uploading this stuff.

4. LordDakor

LordDakor Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2016
    Welcome back @googie! Good to hear from you :)

Sorry guys for any confusion about the EU version. I had to re-upload them on Mega. Use these links instead. I'm sure @googie will update the EU links on the main page shortly.

Packed: https://mega.nz/#!BJAWybjB!6YG3bF8TlZ_pdPv1XsYkiN9poXUXsb-szx1BNNBrTzA

Unpacked: https://mega.nz/#!YVAAVAzD!fkWMQeqhdtc7YVchOalHJ101eS_-YqTUwgjwvyvG7SI

By the way, I have created a SmashU Region converter. You can convert any US unpacked modpacks to EU. In the next update, you will be able to convert any US packed modpack to EU.

Here's the link for the Region converter: http://gamebanana.com/tuts/12092

I pwned U!, googie and Asancu like this.
  5. Asancu

Asancu Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    Dude, you have made my day. Thank you so much.

6. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Thanks mate, I've updated the release page. That tool sounds exciting, can't wait to try it out!

LordDakor and I pwned U! like this.
  7. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    @googie hey bro !

question, i have really no idea how i did it but i merged most of your stuff with my own mods xD , i think what i did was , i just dragged the figher folders ontop of my sm4shexplorer data<

i would like to know how i can load up your music , because lately it just wont be recognized :l
    but when i downloaded from the custom track music website, my own tracks load up fine, they replace the original songs btw.

so how can i add yours .. ?

simply copying the songs from bgm folder of yours into my sd /bgm wont load them up , any idea how i can make them work please?

8. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Mine are all added as additional songs, so you'll need to start with my SmashMusic config and then add your own stuff. I've attached the file you'll need to properly do that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swbw26moojmqywg/sm4shsound_config.xml.zip?dl=0

It's a WIP one from my updated build I'm working on, so a couple songs may be missing... Or some may be added that aren't actually in the current version of the modpack - you'll know it when you'll see it because the audio will just not work for those songs.

I pwned U! and leonmagnus99 like this.
  9. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    i just need your ui_sound_db bin file!

then i will add it into the sm4shexplorer's data xx_xx folder , because i will use the songs of your pack man !

(and i assume when i do that, i will have to copy your bgm songs into workspace/content/sound/bgm in sm4shexplorer before packing the mod).

i hope you know what i mean, and i hope it works this way xD

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Oct 13, 2016
  10. CrossX9

CrossX9 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2016
    Soo... Is this getting an update or...

11. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    You can use the file I included to build your own ui_sound_db.bin, which is preferable because it lets you add your own songs ;)

Yes, eventually. It's hard to make progress though, between my job and my own business, I don't have a ton of time. Like a lot of other devs and programmers on here, this kinda stuff is always gonna take a backseat to my actual work...

Also, Fall game releases got me glued to my Xbox and Wii U. The music pack is going to be updated first, and then I'll get back to organizing/fixing the costumes. I'm hoping someone will crack the mystery of adding additional stages before then, because I want to include all these cool stage mods... But I don't want to replace any of the current ones.

oscat and I pwned U! like this.
  12. PikaArc

PikaArc GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Germany
    are it online safe?

13. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    @googie dude man ! i said i want to have the songs you have compiled to play , the custom added slots..

because it will take too much time for me to add just a few slots by myself.. where as yours are already placed, i just want it for myself man.

i wont share it with anybody, it is just for my personal use, so gimme your ui sound db bin..pretty please? XD

14. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Oh, well that's already in the Github. lol

https://github.com/matt-marek/sm4sh...r/content/patch/data/param/ui/ui_sound_db.bin

Attached Files:

I pwned U!, leonmagnus99 and oscat like this.
  15. leonmagnus99

Apr 2, 2013
    Seinegald
    thank you so much, i will try this today.

@googie hey ! bro, i tried it out , the ui sound db bin,

unfortunately it messed things up , the songs worked 0_0 but not all i think, and umm the text disappeared, the titles of the songs, nearly all of them were blank.

do you know why this happened? i have had your songs in the workspace/content/sound/bgm folder< and then i just put your sound ui db bin over to data of my region's param/ui.

it looked like it was already modded on mine, i have no idea why, so i first disabled the mod from it and replaced it with yours.

your songs used to work really fine for me, but i dont know how it messed up x_x.

anyway ,still thanks for the support.

Last edited by leonmagnus99, Oct 19, 2016
  16. martinjrecu

martinjrecu Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    hi please add goku ,yoshi wolly ,wolf, ray man,young link and ken ,they all exist I have them in another pack but I want them in yours and dont know how to mix them

17. Zonderion

Zonderion Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2016
    United States
    You Mod Pack is awesome! Is the US version unpacked? I see you have EU, can I use that in my US version?

18. thehatergator

thehatergator Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    can i install other mod packs in the same format?

19. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Please can you add sanic for sonic
    Donald trump for ganandorf
    And datboi

20. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Hey everyone!

Sorry to disappoint those of you who might have been waiting for a new release, but here's the rub:

I've been planning on releasing a major update for a while now. And while I was making significant progress, it's been very difficult to focus on the mod work with all I've had going on outside of Sm4sh modding. Nothing bad, it's all good things - working full time, moving in with my fiance, ect. BUT! That, combined with playing through my ridiculous gaming backlog, (attempting) to start up a gaming channel on YouTube/Twitch, getting involved with the Sm4sh and UMVC3 tournament scenes, and all the other fun things that come being a college grad with disposable income, have left me with little time for things like Sm4sh mods.

I don't do things half-assed, and I don't feel like I'm able to devote the right amount of time to output quality work for you guys. Compounding that is that there are considerably more people outputting mod packs for Sm4sh than there ever were for Brawl, so I feel like there isn't really a need for my work when it seems like modding is a bit more accessible with this version of Smash.

TL;DR - I don't got time for this kinda stuff anymore!

I'll be keeping my mods available, and I'll check in once in a while to make sure the downloads are still up. However, don't expect any further updates or other support. Thanks to everyone who supported my work and I hope that someone will (if they haven't already) use this as a launchpad for a mod pack of their own. (After all, that was the whole point!)

I'll only be on here to check in with the various modding developments for Wii U and 3DS, but if anyone wants to stay in touch check out my Twitter. That's where any future stuff I've got going on will be.

oscat and I pwned U! like this.