Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by googie, Jun 28, 2016.

1. googie
    OP

googie Leader of the Googie Gang

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

--> DOWNLOAD THE MOST RECENT VERSION OF THE MOD PACK <--
    US Current Version: v1.0.1
    EU Current Version: v1.0.1
    As of December 9th, 2016, support and updates for this mod pack have been dropped. The most recent versions will remain for download indefinitely, so feel free to keep using them.

Link leads to Github, which contains the download links for the "Full Pack" and the "Music Only Pack." Be sure to download the version made for your region!

Installation is simple. Just copy the "patch" and "sound" folders into the "0005000010144F00" folder on your SD card, and load them up using SD Cafiine.

About the Mod Pack:
    This collection features character, stage, and music modifications made by many members of the Super Smash Bros. modding community.

The purpose of this mod pack is to expand the experience of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, as well as showcase some of the best work of the Super Smash Bros. modding community. To that end, this mod pack does not replace any content in the base game or DLC. All new costumes, songs, and stages are added as additional slots, as to not undo any of original game. Furthermore, nothing has been done to change balance of the game - all characters will retain their move sets as of the most recent official patch.

The first release of the mod pack focuses on additional music, and includes over 250 additional songs. While I did include a generous amount of additional costumes, the custom costume scene is still young. The quality and stability of mods was key to their inclusion, so at this time there are not as many in my mod pack as you will see in some other packs out there.

It is my hope that this mod pack makes it easier for people hoping to delve into the world of Sm4sh mods. Everything in this pack is intended to be the highest-quality, and easy to use. I've also left the Github Repository for this mod pack open to cloning, in case anyone wants to incorporate these mods into their own personal builds.

Additional Music:
    When adding new music, I really tried hard not to let my bias get in the way, otherwise Moon from DuckTales Remastered would be on EVERY STAGE... I wanted to add songs that I felt fit well with a stage. I also aimed to add songs that should have been put in, in the first place (One-Winged Angel on Midgar, anyone?)

There are currently over 260 additional songs in this mod pack. For those interested in just custom music, I have made a "Music Only" version of the modpack, available here.

Included Custom Music

Additional Costumes
    All of the costumes included in this pack are added as additional slots. Furthermore, they all included CSPs, Stock Icons, Battle Portraits, and Results Screen Portraits. There are over 160 additional costumes in total!
    Included Costumes and Skin Packs

Future Plans:
    As of now, I'm stepping out of the Wii U Modding community. While I will still check in every now and again, I'm not planning on continuing updates or providing support for my mod pack. The mod pack will remain available for download indefinitely, so feel free to continue using it! GoogieHax will stay up indefinitely as well.

Q: Why are you leaving?
    A: Simply, the community just isn't what I expected. I was hoping for something more along the lines of the days of KC:MM and Brawl mods, and I just never got that feeling from the present Sm4sh Modding community... Also, things like work, starting a family, and other vidya interests have left me very little time to dabble in Sm4sh modding, and I really don't like doing things half-assed, so I've opted to devote the time elsewhere.

Thanks to everyone who supported and enjoyed using the mod pack I've thrown together.

Other Stuff:
    This mod pack is open source, meaning anyone can download the base files and create their own mod-pack with it. If you wish to use this modification pack, whether for game play enhancement or to include in your own mod pack, please be sure to keep the credits intact. Countless hours were put not just by those who had a direct hand in building this mod pack, but also by those who created the skins, stages, and music contained within. Giving credit where credit is due takes almost no effort!

Useful Links:
    FAQ:
    Frequently Asked Questions

Known Issues and Bugs:
    Below is a list of known issues and bugs, which I am currently trying to sort out. If you have suggestions or fixes, please let me know!
    • Some custom costumes "overlap" each other in-game, resulting in mirror matches
    • Shadow doesn't have result screen portraits
    • Custom sounds on some characters cause their "original" sound counterparts to be silent in-battle
    • Stages with more than 20 songs cannot save "My Music" settings for songs 21-40
    Credits:
    I was originally going to include a long list of credits, but in the spirit of keeping this post from being a mile long, you can instead view the credits for this project on Github.

I do want to give a shout-out to a handful of special people:
    • LordDakor - Ported the mod pack to EU versions of the game. Also helped me solve the mystery of the "slow-ass CSS"
    • jc5504 - Beta Testing and QA
    • SnesS - Beta Testing and QA, music library expertise
    • ScarletDreamz - Graphic Design (awesome banner at the top of this post!)

Last edited by googie, Dec 9, 2016
    xtheman, survive9, lordelan and 16 others like this.

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    I love mod packs, beats putting all this together myself! Everyone's mod packs are unique, this is the first I've come across though. Thanks for doing this!

WiiHAX and googie like this.
  3. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Of course, and thanks for taking the time to check it out! It'll only keep getting better over time, more so if I get a lot of feedback from other players.

WiiHAX likes this.
  4. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Awesome mod pack, man! I really like the music variety and selection of texture mods. Keep it up!

WiiHAX and googie like this.
  5. Leon2457

Leon2457 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2008
    Absolutely stellar stuff, but I can't use it until an EU version is available ...
    I wonder how difficult it would be to do it myself.

PS: You missed the best Pac-Man song :P

WiiHAX likes this.
  6. Gpaludeto

Gpaludeto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2016
    Brazil
    Awesome ideas, good luck with the mod pack, I really appreciate the idea :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Are you going to include turbo mode or anything like this?

WiiHAX likes this.
  7. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Thanks a ton mate!

Do tell! I'd be more than happy to add it!
    Not planning on it. Anything that affects game balance is a no-go for my mod pack, though it's open source so you can add Turbo Mode if someone releases a an unpacked version of a Turbo Mode mod if you'd like.

WiiHAX and Gpaludeto like this.
  8. VinLark

VinLark Loonix Master

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    This is a great mod-pack. Just tried it out. Salty that it doesn't include any Bowser or Ike skins (their are some really good ones out there).

WiiHAX likes this.
  9. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Thanks!

Since I've gotten so much music in, I'm currently in the process of adding more skins. I just added in about 20 more alts today, chances are Ike and King Koopa will get some love soon.

Still debating on adding "What if Everyone was Captain Falcon" pack...

WiiHAX and VinLark like this.
  10. TacoJosh

TacoJosh Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2016
    United States
    Midwest
    Just a few song suggestions.

- Add in Saria's Song from Melee onto Hryule Castle.
    - Add the SM64 main theme that's used on Delfino Plaza to Peach's Castle 64.
    - Add in the Double Dash Circuit remix used in Mario & Sonic and put it in either Mario Circuit.

Just a few suggestions, this pack seems like a good one. Too bad, I've already made my own music pack and my SD card probably isn't large enough for this pack.

SirBeethoven likes this.
  11. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    I think there's a texture id issue with the jigglypuff skins. When I play the red deadpool skin against another custom skin, they both show up as red deadpool. The skins look very nice though

WiiHAX likes this.
  12. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven 3.145.... something. E=mc2

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    It's here! Tears of happiness!! I also found out how to install Smash4 mode now! Sorry that I didn't test anything before, I can now though!

WiiHAX likes this.
  13. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Hope you can get your hands on a bigger SD card, because all three of those songs are in the most recent release!

I'll look into this, but I think this is probably an issue I'll have to bring up with the mod's developer... I have the same issue with Melee Fox at the moment <_<

Good for you! Make sure you get the latest version!

Good news everyone!

A new version has just been released, v0.9! Included are handful of skins for several characters, including almost 15 new costumes for Sonic! I've also added in a few requests, such as Brawl Ike, True Dark Bowser, and some custom music. Hopefully with the long weekend coming up, I can get to work on starting the first of several "booster" packs, which will include a large amount of music from a couple of categories.

Be sure to snag the most recent download, the link for which is at the top of the OP!

jc5504 and SirBeethoven like this.
  14. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Can you please add Blood Falcon (the original one on GameBanana) and Metroid Fusion Samus? And the Dark theme for the GUI? Thanks for an awesome mod!

Last edited by SirBeethoven, Jul 1, 2016
  15. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Probably not gonna change the GUI, since that's kind of an iffy area with a lot of people (also, it's easy for to just add in whatever one you want if you download the "workspace" folder from Github) but I can definitely look into those skins. Just sort of figured out adding additional slots for Samus, but issues with her gun still pop up...

Hopefully by the end of the 4th of July weekend there willll be a good chunk of skins added, and I'll update the download.

SirBeethoven likes this.
  16. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    This looks pretty intersting!

@googie If you would like, I can give you some orchestral versions of DS music that I have been working on for a while. The vast instrumental improvements that I have made would go great with Smash stages!

(Also, when I first quickly glanced at the title, I thought that it said "Google's Sm4sh Mod Pack." :lol:)

The Cringe likes this.
  17. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    I'd be down!

To be honest, my music selection brainpower is nearly fizzled at this point (curating over 200 songs can do that to ya). It'd be nice to get some help in that department, inbox me the details. Depending on what you got, I may even be able to get it in with the next update!

SirBeethoven likes this.
  18. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Awesome!!! Sounds good! There are videos out there to include some of the old stuff we had right? So we'd use the Smash4Explorer and replace things to our needs?

19. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Yes, and I may end up making a video tutorial for adding in your own content at some point once more people have downloaded the pack.

In the meantime, I need to fix this:

[​IMG]

SirBeethoven likes this.
  20. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Hey Will you ever remove that pic from your site or at least warn us or make a mirror. Seriously, my younger brother nearly saw that and I want his mind clean.

FM360 likes this.