Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by googie, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    What? explain yourself..

2. googie
    OP

googie Leader of the Googie Gang

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    I think he's talking about GoogieHax...

That, or he's joking about how gross the Sylux model gets.

@zezzo Sorry if I offended you mate, but I don't plan on changing that image unless I find a cute render of Mei from Overwatch. Feel free to use loadiine.ovh or another web exploit loader in the meantime. My mods work with all other web exploit loaders.

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. SirBeethoven

SirBeethoven Happy holidays!

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
  4. zezzo

zezzo The "Black Ace"

Sep 14, 2015
    United States
    Ok

5. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
  6. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    MISTAKE MISTAKE ACCCCKKKKK! The rofl knife demands blood Tod. The rofl knife demands BLOOD! Don't hurt me .o.

7. ScarletDreamz

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    [​IMG]

SirBeethoven likes this.
  8. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Oh my gosh that's ME!

9. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Hey guys! Lovin' the bumps but please try not to get the mods upset and the thread locked <_<

Out of curiosity, has anyone who is using the mod packs encountered any "incorrectly" tagged songs? I'm trying to go through and make sure that all songs are properly labeled (both by title and source game) - anyone catch anything "off" yet?

SirBeethoven likes this.
  10. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Well no, but the PEPSI MAN song does not ever play in the game. I have it turned up to 100 and everything else 0 but it doesn't work. Also, metal sonic crashes the game.

Last edited by jc5504, Jul 2, 2016
  11. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    I wasn't aware of the issue with PEPSI MAN... I'll have to look into that. I might have an issue with that because I'm starting to hear there is a limit of 20 songs per stage, but I'm going to try to bypass that.

Metal Sonic should be fixed now. Mastaklo didn't properly upload the mod, so I had to make a fixed version of it so it would a) work at all and b) work over additional slots.

I'll re-upload the pack at the end of the week with some fixes, so sit tight!

12. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Well I got it working sort of. It's having very strange behavior and only playing sometimes. Also I'd like to add that when I change the frequency of that song in my music, it only stays there while the Wii u is on. Once you reset, it goes back to default (0). I'm not sure if this also happens with other songs or if it is just normal behavior for modded music.

13. RoyMaster4

RoyMaster4 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    Normal behavior for modded music, apparently. Happens for anything after the 20th song, I think... at least, it's happening with my customs as well.

14. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Just tested it, and here's what I've noticed:

Resetting music settings to "default" temporarily fixes the issue. However, restarting the game undoes that fix. It's something with the save memory, so I'll have to look into that more...

15. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    @googie this modpack doesn't seem to work for me. I'm on FW 5.5.1 NA, and the kernel exploit and sdcafiine load successfully. The issue comes when I load the game. Smash is completely unchanged after trying to load the pack. I have both the patch and sound folders in a properly named folder on the root of my sd card, and the sd card is formatted as FAT32. The only thing I can think of is that my sd was once used for 3ds cfw and has a unusable partition of about 1 gb in size.

16. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    It might be loading that partition first, I'm not too sure about how exactly SDCafiine chooses which partition to use. Can you try a different SD card? If you're not able to get a different SD card, you'll have to reformat your current one.

17. RoyMaster4

RoyMaster4 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    You sure the folder in the root of the SD is "0005000010144F00"? So it goes E:/0005000010144F00/sound/bgm/snd_bgm_cus_01.nus3bank for example.

18. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    I'll try getting rid of the partition later, thanks. Any other ideas?
    I'm absolutely positive that the structure is correct. Checked it over earlier just to make sure.

19. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Providence, RI
    Honestly, no. My roommate had an issue getting them to run on his until after trying a couple of SD cards. I'm pretty sure different Wii models (depending on when they were manufactured) have slightly different SD card readers. My SD card worked fine on my Wii U and a friend's Wii U, but not my roommate's Wii U. He had to test a couple different SD cards before he found one that worked.

Sorry about the hassle. Unfortunately, it's either a hardware or a partition issue, and I can't do much about that.

20. SirBeethoven

Nov 26, 2015
    United States
    Add Trumpendorf!

jc5504 likes this.