Help getting DLC pkgs to work with Dead or Alive 5: Last Round

redkyber77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I went through the process of jailbreaking my PS4 Pro (9.00, GoldHEN 2.3). I have been attempting to install Dead or Alive 5: Last Round, as a wide variety of add-ons have been delisted including playable characters (such as Mai). The PS4 version has a number of features not in the PC release, including improved graphics and additional stages. After installing the game and update successfully, I have encountered a very weird issue that, other than in a few very small comments I have come across, hasn't been really touched upon by the PS4 community involving the DLC.

So, there are multiple types of DLC within DOA5. There are costumes that are included as part of the updates (which on PS4 is version 1.19), and so those *should* theoretically be able to be accessed with an unlocker fpkg. I used psDLC and found roughly ~1000 packages, of which only about 50 aren't unlocks (more on those later). After making an fpkg for each of those, I attempted to install them and the game did not accept them.

I have a few running theories as to why:

The first (and what I think is most likely) is that the Title ID doesn't match between the game and the DLC:

Game: CUSA01627
DLC: CUSA01665

I wasn't sure why this was the case at first, but I realized there are two versions of the game. The first is the retail version (DOA5: LR) and the second is the free to play version (DOA5: LR Core Fighters).

I assumed the DLC between these versions are interchangeable, and am almost positive on the PSN side they are (i.e. I have DLC I have bought for the retail copy of the game and the DLC works on my PS5). But I am wondering if they aren't working on the fpkg because the Title ID doesn't match between the created fpkg DLC and the fpkg game. There may be a miscommunication.

Even if I wanted to change the Title ID, almost all the tools out there are just region switchers and actually editing the IDs to match, especially editing the individual DLCs (since there are 1005) would be quite the undertaking. But I haven't found a reliable way to edit the Title ID with just 1 so that I can test it.

I mentioned that there are some extra data DLCs. These come in the form of costume catalogues that include actual data for some additional data, as seen on PSN. These were intended to preview and allow you to see others using specific costumes (but remember that some DLC costumes were also added via updates). That may also be causing an issue because they may contain Extra Data.

So, I am wondering about potential solutions to get all of the DLC operating for this game. I am in the process of downloading the costume catalogues on my PS5 and moving them to my jailbroken PS4 via USB. While I have a retail copy of DOA5, since the CUSA doesn't match it will be effectively the same as the fpkg I already have access to.

One thing I did notice is that the Title ID of Core Fighters (the F2P version) matches the DLC, but I don't believe a dump exists mainly becaus 1) the retail already had a dump and 2) it was digital-only, which means that it was unlikely someone would have dumped it (but it did come out in 2015, so it isn't impossible since it existed well before 9.00).

Particularly confusing is stuff like Mai absolutely is "on-disk" (as in, I can see her on the character select and fight her in Arcade) but she still didn't unlock. There are definitely extra data costumes but I think there is a potential solution via dumping the free compatibility DLCs. What's odd is that, despite the Title ID mismatch, when I click any installed pkg (which has a different CUSA), it still detects and loads DOA5 when clicked so it at least knows its connected.

If I can at least dump those costume compatibility packs, I can get the extra data there, so it would be a matter of unlocking beyond that assuming that it would work the way I am hoping it does.

While my plan right now is to attempt to edit the Title IDs, I want to check with others to make sure there isn't a potential problem with what I am doing as there may be a much simpler fix I am unaware of. I am still very new to all of this so I apologize if I am getting something incorrect, but any advice/ideas would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

redkyber77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psdlc now only works for themes, not dlc

Well, that is a bummer. Thank you for letting me know!

Do you or anyone else know if there are alternative ways to generate DLC fpkgs now? I think recent scene releases still have fpkg DLC so hopefully there is still a method out there.

EDIT: I know direct linking to anything is off-limits, more along the lines of asking if a method even exists or if basically what I want to do is impossible now.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that is a bummer. Thank you for letting me know!

Do you or anyone else know if there are alternative ways to generate DLC fpkgs now? I think recent scene releases still have fpkg DLC so hopefully there is still a method out there.

EDIT: I know direct linking to anything is off-limits, more along the lines of asking if a method even exists or if basically what I want to do is impossible now.

I believe you need someone to have the content to dump it, that how it is done normally.

redkyber77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I actually dumped the legit DLC, installed it, installed a FPKG overtop of it. Even noticed that the lock was on the DLC before I installed the FKPG DLC and it was removed after. All of this I did after doing a reinitialization of the PS4 and reinstalled the game & update to make sure the environment is as clean as possible.

The game settings show the DLC is installed, but it simply will not work when it boots. I really think it has to be an issue with the Title ID (since the DLC has a different Title ID than the game) after seeing that the lock disappeared from the DLC, but I don't know how to safely change the Title ID of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow