Googie's Sm4sh Mod Pack

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by googie, Jun 28, 2016.

1. CrystalForce

CrystalForce I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.

Feb 10, 2015
    United States
    Vertex edited characters work fine online, not sure where you got this information from. You're thinking of model swaps (ex. Elec Man over Mega Man).

2. Omegablu

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    So I found the issue. Turns out downloading the Github repository does not work whatsoever. I haven't tried it yet, but the Mega download has numerous files in it that aren't on Github.

3. LNIM

LNIM Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    I can edit/add customs right? So this is an unpacked mod pack? Thanks BTW

4. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Modpack is unpacked.

LNIM likes this.
  5. Xen0

Xen0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So did anybody test this for EUR version?

6. googie
    OP

googie Leader of the Googie Gang

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    The repository download is for the uncompiled mods - it's mean to be copied into the "workspace" folder for Sm4shExplorer, in case someone wants to use my mod pack as a base for their own mods. It's also for people who want to have a "nightly" version of the modpack, because I don't always update the download when I add new content on my end. I'll be sure to specify that more clearly when I update the OP next.

I just found this out myself. I had heard wrong some a person on GameBanana. Thanks for verifying though, I'll update the OP.

It's supposed to be packed, not sure why it isn't packing them properly. If you'd like to add your own content, I'd highly recommend downloading the Github repo and putting those contents in your "workspace" folder. Future versions of this modpack will be packed properly, to improve load times.

Not tested on EUR, and probably won't work. I don't have the EUR version myself, so I wouldn't have a way to build or test it properly. However, if some experienced modder would like to take the files from Github and build a EUR version, I'll be more than happy to work with them to make that happen. However, it needs to be someone who knows what their doing... If I have to baby step them through the whole process, well, that's not very efficient, is it? :-/

I pwned U! likes this.
  7. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Can Sm4sh Explorer open without the full ROM? I'd rather not have to dump the whole thing if it isn't necessary.

8. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Last I checked, if you don't have a proper dump of the game and update, you'll be in for a bad time.

9. Omegablu

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Thanks. Looks like I've got some work to do then.

10. WillTheLion

WillTheLion GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Metal Sonic crashes the game. Other than that it's great!

11. LNIM

LNIM Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2016
    United States
    So I can still edit it right? I like the pack just want to add a few more textures

Also Do i need amash4 explorer? I can't just download and drop?

12. RoyMaster4

RoyMaster4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    Pretty sure if you want to add more textures, you need sm4sh explorer. Not 100% sure... But you can just download and drop to use it as is.

13. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    That'll be fixed soon! I'm just adding and testing more stuff before re-loading! Hopefully tonight or early tomorrow there'll be a new download link.

You can edit it, you'll just need to download the unpacked version by cloning my Github repository. You'll need Sm4shExplorer and a clean dump of the game and patch as well.

I pwned U! likes this.
  14. FM360

FM360 Kappa

Mar 8, 2015
    Afghanistan
    North Korea
    I feel like the Shadow the hedgehog mod by Mastaklo deserves to be a part of this mod pack since it was the first model hack made for Smash WiiU.

Last edited by FM360, Jul 5, 2016
  15. WillTheLion

WillTheLion GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Glad to here of a fix and an updated version!

If you're looking for more great skins to add I think these one's are worthy of your pack. I'd like them at least. I think they have all the necessary files to be easy for you to include with the same level of professionalism you've maintained so far (all icons, portraits, etc.)

Mr. L Luigi: http://gamebanana.com/skins/145658
    Mr. M Mario: http://gamebanana.com/skins/146228
    Proto Man Megaman: http://gamebanana.com/skins/146857
    Wolf Fox: http://gamebanana.com/skins/147147 Wolf Fox Voice: http://gamebanana.com/sounds/31112
    Shadow Mewtwo (from Pokken): http://gamebanana.com/skins/146261

And maybe Duck Hunt as Banjo and Kazooie: http://gamebanana.com/skins/146213 I think this one might not have portrait/stock icons. If it doesn't you can ignore it. It does have a CSP though. Lol maybe that's the portrait I'm new to all this.

16. azublazer

azublazer GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2015
    United States
    So using this modpack completely unlocked all of the DLC characters for me. Am I safe using them online even though I didn't purchase them?

17. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    No idea, I didn't intend for that and I don't want to say that it's safe to use them online. I'm actively working on a fix to remove this side effect, but having a "properly ordered" CSS is more important to me at the moment, and most people have the DLC anyways.

Thanks for these, I'll look into getting them included.
    Shadow WILL be added in soon. Working on giving him his own slot altogether, but it's a work in progress. I know someone else is attempting the same thing but idk how that's going on their end...

Just a heads up, might be a slight delay in the next update. Personal obligations and holiday plans got in the way a bit, and I'm trying to make sure the next version doesn't have any freezing characters.

FM360 and I pwned U! like this.
  18. Baggy Scraggy

Baggy Scraggy GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    It's gonna be a pain to merge my song pack with yours, but It'll be worth it in the end I think.

19. jc5504

jc5504 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Just a heads up, if you go through the trouble of merging like that, you won't be able to keep your music when googie posts updates to his mod pack. Maybe you should wait for version 1.0

20. googie
    OP

May 25, 2016
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Unfortunately, what @jc5504 said was pretty spot on. Unfortunately I have not found a way to make it so the pack can "update" without conflicting with mods that people might have applied additionally... Glad to see someone making the effort to customize it though!

If you have any songs you REALLY like, be sure to send them to me and I'll see if I can't fit them in myself!

jc5504 and I pwned U! like this.