Gateway3DS Hands On Impression

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading other sites and people are clueless about the possibilities of the cart. Retards on this forum have totally misled people. So help spread the facts - this cart DOES UTILIZE A FIRMWARE HACK. And it does it at KERNEL level. It's not 'dead on arrival', it's not limited to 1:1 reading of games, it's not going to be entirely useless in future - ALL of these things can be fixed in time with more work on the firmware hacking. It's just very complex but it will be done. Updates do not entirely stop future possibilities, this cart will become more and more useful in the future i assure you.

Also one fucking retard on neogaf said 'just wait for more experienced teams to do something with this'- the arrogance from people who don't know fuck all about hacking is unbelievable. This IS the most experienced people working on hacking consoles - who the fuck else are you waiting for? Supercard team or some other random Chinese groups who can only steal European/US hacker's methods?

So because of a few people, everyone is suddenly a fucking retard?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what happens if you leave the gateway in after a reboot? Does it just not show up until you rerun the exploit? Or do you need to take the gateway out, run the exploit and then put it back?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what happens if you leave the gateway in after a reboot? Does it just not show up until you rerun the exploit? Or do you need to take the gateway out, run the exploit and then put it back?

Doesn't show up, you can leave it in and it'll show up once you run the exploit.

Reactions: Armadillo

Aeodan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One simple question, but what shows up in the Activity Log for the Gateway3ds? Like does it show the game I have on the sd and change accordingly? Just wondering because I like to keep track of the play times of my games.

I hope I made sense lol. It's 3 A.M here and I'm tired.

Reactions: chavosaur

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
when that's working than....
13034936768621.jpg

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
One simple question, but what shows up in the Activity Log for the Gateway3ds? Like does it show the game I have on the sd and change accordingly? Just wondering because I like to keep track of the play times of my games.

I hope I made sense lol. It's 3 A.M here and I'm tired.
It should show up like a normal game.

Reactions: Aeodan

Jstone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the video they demonstrate the Gateway working on an AnimalCrossing 3DS XL special edition weren't they shipped with FW 5.1? If that's the case and they get the gateway working on 5.x and 6.x this will be an instant buy for me!

xyzmanas

Trophies
XP
Country
In the video they demonstrate the Gateway working on an AnimalCrossing 3DS XL special edition weren't they shipped with FW 5.1? If that's the case and they get the gateway working on 5.x and 6.x this will be an instant buy for me!

no, it meant that they were able to spoof the FW required by the game to work on the 3ds, but the original FW was still 4.5.

tecra_a8

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
no, it meant that they were able to spoof the FW required by the game to work on the 3ds, but the original FW was still 4.5.

wait, the animal crossing 3DS XL in the video is running donkey kong: country returns which doesn't need 5.1right? but the 3DS itself is pre-installed with 5.1, so that means gateway will support 5.x in their upcoming firmware???????/ O.O

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm reading other sites and people are clueless about the possibilities of the cart. Retards on this forum have totally misled people. So help spread the facts - this cart DOES UTILIZE A FIRMWARE HACK. And it does it at KERNEL level. It's not 'dead on arrival', it's not limited to 1:1 reading of games, it's not going to be entirely useless in future - ALL of these things can be fixed in time with more work on the firmware hacking. It's just very complex but it will be done. Updates do not entirely stop future possibilities, this cart will become more and more useful in the future i assure you.

Also one fucking retard on neogaf said 'just wait for more experienced teams to do something with this'- the arrogance from people who don't know fuck all about hacking is unbelievable. This IS the most experienced people working on hacking consoles - who the fuck else are you waiting for? Supercard team or some other random Chinese groups who can only steal European/US hacker's methods?

Very true.

Funny how rumors spread so fast back in the original Gateway topic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: