CFW Region Changing & Updating CIAs + Local Play

glaceonlove

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have been pondering this for a few weeks now that I've bought my Japanese New 3DS, which has been my dream tech purchase since I was...like...eleven years old. If I were to do a Region Change to the model to guise it as a US model, how would I go about downloading updates for existing games I have CIA's for? From what I have gathered from the discussions on this site, it SHOULD be easy but it always sounds complicated. Do I use that H-Shop app and just look for an update file for each game if I don't download a CIA in its most up-to-date form? I've been looking for a full guide for doing it and I cannot find one...

ALSO while I am at it! I've been told region-altered 3DS models can STILL use Infared and Local Play! Is this true? The goal is to play through a bunch of Internet compatible Pokémon ROM hacks and trade them over to my legal 3DS attached to my existing NNID to then put them in the PokéBank Transporter. For all the other games, I'm just gonna play them locally. No online gaming really interests me now, especially with the announcement from a few days ago. Just as long as PokéBank still works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto