Trophies
XP
Country
France
{
title = "GATEWAY";
path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
},

Does it need an offset like CFW? or is this it?
no.
I added it using the bootmanager itself

{
title = "Gateway.3dsx";
path = "/3ds/Gateway/Gateway.3dsx";
key = -1;
} );

Reactions: DjoeN

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh no! Don't open spoiler if you don't want a profecy...
Now someone will create an hype thread that will reach 1000 pages, then when the gw update is released nintendo will fix it in 3 days and many many threads will start as people updated 3ds to 10.4 and they want a downgrade method(PS: No, i'm not under effects of acid)

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my game freezes whenever I do a 32 bit signed scan, followed by an increment/decrement scan :/ (on OoT)

Hope it gets fixed soon.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I figured out what the "Mode" setting does. When set to "Classic Sysnand" it allows retail carts to be loaded, and when set to "Gateway" it loads ROMs from the Gateway cart. Also, signature checks are disabled in classic mode, so everyone can dump their retail saves without using CFW :)
But I can't seem to set it to Classic 7.x - or Classic 7.x +, maybe these options are just placeholders right now as when I back out of the menu and go back in it's set to Classic Sysnand.

Any safe method to update from 4.5 to 9.2?
I have sky3ds (so I can use cubic ninja) and gateway.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...om-4-1-8-1-to-9-2-0-20-with-pasta-cfw.389187/ ?
And another question, can I restore my sysnand backup via gateway if something won't be working?
Yeah that guide's the recommended method, rxTools in Pasta Mode (it HAS to be Pasta Mode though or you'll brick) can also be used as an alternative and since it can be loaded directly from the browser without using HBL, is slightly easier.

Does this mean support for 10.3 old 3ds xl or new 3dsxl systems??? its a tad vague and I'm betting on just old 3dsxl's & 2ds's, which is not that hype! :( They cant even brake the emunand support on the n3dsxl so I doubt very much on a higher support firmware for those systems.
They don't need to add emuNAND support for higher firmwares, which is by the way very, very difficult, because the encryption keys must be dumped and those are inaccessible outside of the boot ROM. The exploit that they used to get keys in the past is fixed on the n3DS. The bootrom exploit shown at 32c3 may be used to get these keys, though, but they will probably focus on 10.3 support first.

Once they add 10.3 support, higher emuNAND versions will automatically work on 9.6+ sysNAND, because the right encryption keys are set on power on, so they are already there when GW mode boots. So 10.3 support will mostly solve that issue.

And there is no reason to think this would be o3DS only. The o3DS and n3DS use very similar firmware and they haven't said anything to indicate that it would be limited to one or the other.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a better way than renaming the boot.3ds from GW to HBL everytime I want to use HBL in emunand (via the HBL.cia)?
(without using the ctrboot manager)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0 +1