• Views 30,664
  • Replies 132
  • Likes 6

AdityaNese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to confirm, o3ds emunand can go up to 9.8 and n3ds can go up to 9.5.

Say, How would one update their n3ds from 9.1 to 9.2+?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Say, How would one update their n3ds from 9.1 to 9.2+?
By using 3DNUS.

BUT... Why would you at this point? You can play every game just fine on the 9.1 firmware and you couldn't get on the eShop regardless. Wait until there's an actual reason to update or maybe when Gateway does add support for the latest emuNAND on the console.

AdityaNese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By using 3DNUS.

BUT... Why would you at this point? You can play every game just fine on the 9.1 firmware and you couldn't get on the eShop regardless. Wait until there's an actual reason to update or maybe when Gateway does add support for the latest emuNAND on the console.
Thanks. It was to know beforehand whenever gateway releases an update for higher emunand support for the n3ds.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to forget that emuNAND doesn't have the correct ARM access since dsi/gba takes place on a completely different processor. The only reason Pasta is able to run dsi/gba is because it's run in sysNAND which does have the proper ARM access. gba/dsi will take a lot of work or will never be possible in emuNAND.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People seem to forget that emuNAND doesn't have the correct ARM access since dsi/gba takes place on a completely different processor. The only reason Pasta is able to run dsi/gba is because it's run in sysNAND which does have the proper ARM access. gba/dsi will take a lot of work or will never be possible in emuNAND.
GW mode on sysNAND FTW

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is defenitly possible, but it will take some work, but I am surprised they didn't have it done yet ;)

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is defenitly possible, but it will take some work, but I am surprised they didn't have it done yet ;)

Do you know the technical background details what would be needed to get this to work? I have a DSTWO so can use that for .nds but it's be nice to get some AGB stuff going (even if it's load-one-game-only then powerdown/hard reset mode).

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you know the technical background details what would be needed to get this to work? I have a DSTWO so can use that for .nds but it's be nice to get some AGB stuff going (even if it's load-one-game-only then powerdown/hard reset mode).
no i don't know the technical details, I only red a long time back in a forum that it was possible (maybe by loaden agb_firm in the launcher or something, but i could be totally wrong here). I tried to look for that forum but I cant find it

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be offtopic but they prmoised so many cool upcoming things that I completly lost track of what was/is still to come.
Can we make a list of what the said they will look into (or promised)?

Out of my head I know about:

- A fix for the savegame crypto stuff across different rom formats/fw I never understood
- DSi / GBA support
- Cheat Engine
- I remember that they once replied to someone that they are working on a way to not patch ROM headers for every single ROM you want to play online? Like place your header file on the card and it uses this file across all ROMs ? Might be fake, but I remember something like that.
- Save a game without having to exit to home menu ... some people say that this is already implemented, some don't ... anyone knows more?
- Newer emuNAND for N3DS
- 3D fix for N3DS consoles

EDIT1: More stuff

- Surprise feature that was announced with update 3.0 (thx Michi597)
- Support for more Zelda versions, to make the exploit more compatible (they also asked for help).

That's all I can think of right now ... you can also fix that list if anything is wrong or fake ... and of course add things it's missing.

It would be good to have everything somewhere in one place ... just like all the hidden shortcuts and combinations they implemented in their menu....there is no place where all of them are listed.
Thanks to some good sould here on the board and some research I found/made this list if anyone needs it:

Hold L for loading GW menu during boot
Hold R for forced FPGA update during boot
Hold UP for booting in GW/Classic mode without firmware spoof (for update via gamecart)
Hold B for booting to sysNAND while highlighting "Boot Gateway Mode"
Down + B in gateway menu for quick shutdown
Hold UP when entering the Downgrade menu, if you want to restore your NAND.BIN from SD Card to sysnand

Last edited by FR0ZN,

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah good one ... some say it was this Down + B to shutdown thing in the GW menu ... but iirc it was related to the FPGA update with that same update ????

EDIT: I remembered even more stuff ... added that the list my post.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah good one ... some say it was this Down + B to shutdown thing in the GW menu ... but iirc it was related to the FPGA update with that same update ????

EDIT: I remembered even more stuff ... added that the list my post.
i don't think thats it
i think it got delayed due to all the unxpected issues with N3ds jap 8.1 and 2ds, maybe we will see it when we get another non beta final release sometime SOON

alantgw

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This might be offtopic but they prmoised so maybe cool upcoming things that I completly lost track of what was/is still to come.
Can we make a list of what the said they will look into (or promised)?

Out of my head I know about:

- A fix for the savegame crypto stuff across different rom formats/fw I never understood
- DSi / GBA support
- Cheat Engine
- I remember that they once replied to someone that they are working on a way to not patch ROM headers for every single ROM you want to play online? Like place your header file on the card and it uses this file across all ROMs ? Might be fake, but I remember something like that.
- Save a game without having to exit to home menu ... some people say that this is already implemented, some don't ... anyone knows more?
- Newer emuNAND for N3DS

EDIT1: More stuff

- Surprise feature that was announced with update 3.0 (thx Michi597)
- Support for more Zelda versions, to make the exploit more compatible (they also asked for help).

That's all I can think of right now ... you can also fix that list if anything is wrong or fake ... and of course add things it's missing.

It would be good to have everything somewhere in one place ... just like all the hidden shortcuts and combinations they implemented in their menu....there is no place where all of them are listed.
Thanks to some good sould here on the board and some research I found/made this list if anyone needs it:

Hold L for loading GW menu during boot
Hold R for forced FPGA update during boot
Hold UP for booting in GW/Classic mode without firmware spoof (for update via gamecart)
Hold B for booting to sysNAND while highlighting "Boot Gateway Mode"
Down + B in gateway menu for quick shutdown
Hold UP when entering the Downgrade menu, if you want to restore your NAND.BIN from SD Card to sysnand

Isn't 'Surprise feature that was announced with update 3.0' the quick shutdown?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't 'Surprise feature that was announced with update 3.0' the quick shutdown?

I don't think so ... because iirc it had something to do with the FPGA update that came with the same update.
And afaik they said that they included a surprise feature whill will be activeted with the NEXT fw update?
But this shutdown function was already present at that time, so there was nothing activated by now if I'm not mistaken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been