Status
Not open for further replies.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nobody can tell you for sure, only that gateway has responded that it will not require a 4.5 3ds or any other hardware.

They said it won't require a 3DS
They never said it won't require additional hardware.

TvjAQV0.png

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 weeks, well almost, since this thread has open......Fuckit I'm watching TMNT and getting fucked up
April O Neil so hot........

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, but they said it would use the same card so it should be fine?....
The response I got from them was:
We only proceed by software update.

All Gateway carts on the market today will be compatible with our upcoming
9.0/9.1/9.2 compatibility update.
There will NOT be a new version of our cart. We care about our customers and
will support all the Gateway sold to date.

And you will be able to update your card yourself.
So yes the same card should be fine.
No you will not need a 4.x 3DS.
No you will not need additional hardware.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The response I got from them was:

So yes the same card should be fine.
No you will not need a 4.x 3DS.
No you will not need additional hardware.

Where does it say you won't need additional hardware?
Please highlight that part because I can't see it.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A quick summary of the present situation:

1. It will use the same red cart -> FACT
  2. It won't require a 4.5 3DS for updating the red cart -> FACT
  3. It will be a single game device, running only 1:1 dumps -> SPECULATION BASED ON EVIDENCE FROM AUTHORIZED RESELLER AND ON COINCIDENTAL TIMING, BEING ANNOUNCED RIGHT AFTER SKY3DS.
  4. It won't require additional hardware for the update if the user doesn't have a 4.5 3DS -> SPECULATION
  5. It will only work on 9.2 consoles -> SPECULATION
  6. It will use a kernel exploit -> SPECULATION

Reactions: berat barış kuzu

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Where does it say you won't need additional hardware?
Please highlight that part because I can't see it.
"We only proceed by software update."
"And you will be able to update your card yourself."
Saying that you *WILL* be able to update it yourself and that its a software update says it all.
Mind you, I specifically asked them about this with regards to not owning a 4.x device.

It doesn't say "Oh, btw - you will need to buy this additional piece of hardware if you want to update the card, sorry about that."
You're basicly putting additional words in their mouth claiming they are purposefully omitting such a thing.
Now, given the question "Can you update if you only possess a 9.x device"
And the answer being that you can perform the *software update* yourself.

1+1=2

Reactions: gamefan5

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"We only proceed by software update."
"And you will be able to update your card yourself."
Saying that you *WILL* be able to update it yourself and that its a software update says it all.

It doesn't say "Oh, btw - you will need to buy this additional piece of hardware if you want to update the card, sorry about that."
I wouldn't be surprised if they add a dongle for updating the cart, haha
(they could make it also dump games and saves, to keep some of the original Gateway's functionality so it's not impossible to happen... but it's still speculation haha)

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Put it like this - yes you'll need additional hardware.
You'll need a PC!

Oh dang, guess we're all screwed.

Reactions: gamefan5

slowmotioning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think you'll have to have access to a 4.5 3DS in order to program the FPGA with the new "9.2" firmware, which is why everyone that only has access to a 9.0-9.2 FW 3DS should hold off on purchasing a Gateway. The infinitydream purchase page that has a drop down labeled "Programmable" with either 4.5 capabilities or 9.2 capabilities lends credence to this theory, if it's true.

Sure, they could have some new exploit, but I don't feel that's the case. All speculation, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add a dongle for updating the cart, haha
(they could make it also dump games and saves, to keep some of the original Gateway's functionality so it's not impossible to happen... but it's still speculation haha)

That could be the case as well.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I think you'll have to have access to a 4.5 3DS in order to program the FPGA with the new "9.2" firmware, which is why everyone that only has access to a 9.0-9.2 FW 3DS should hold off on purchasing a Gateway. The infinitydream purchase page that has a drop down labeled "Programmable" with either 4.5 capabilities or 9.2 capabilities lends credence to this theory, if it's true.
The choice between 9.x and 4.x is a convenience option - basicly what will they put on the card for you.
Since an existing owner will be able to update themselves (and always has been able to update themselves) to a higher version - by replacing the launcher.dat

There is nothing pointing at the "need" for a dongle - sure... Its a possibility. Its also a possibility that Gateway is yanking our chains and its all a practical joke.
So sticking to the information they have provided. Rather than assuming that they have omitted information on purpose like a paranoid conspiracy theorist...
No, you will NOT need additional hardware or a 4.x device...

Following pirate sephiroth's speculative deductions we should all prepare for the fact that a meteor will hit the Gateway offices and we will need the assistance of an official representative of nintendo to update our Gateway cards as a result - afterall, they didn't say that that WOULDN'T be the case!
So clearly its a prominent possibility we should all prepare for. :mthr:

TL;DR - While we can prepare for a whole range of possibilities. And while we should definitely not discount certain options.
The 'likely scenario' based on statements provided to us by Gateway does not include the need of additional hardware or special versions.
Just a 9.x 3DS (XL), supposedly N3DS will work aswell.
And the to be released software update that will enable 9.x is something you can implement yourself much like previous Gateway updates.

The features for 9.x aren't set in stone - though it seems probable that they may need to revert back to single-ROM for 9.x - But thats pure speculation as the features are not set in stone...

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gun'na get mah tin foil hat out: We all know that MT can't catch up to GW for 'nothin', right? I mean the only thing they had going for them was the multi-ROM using a physical button on the cart. Then GW counters w/ multi-ROM w/ a far more impressive (and less irritating) HUD menu. The MT team all but disappears. SO much so that even the MT faithful start threads asking if MT is dead...

Sky3DS carts look just like a MT cart and have a button. What if these are just old stock JTAG'd MT carts reprogrammed to be Sky3DS's w/ new stickers. They even come in the same blister pack!!! #mindblown

Seriously, if anyone takes that as anything but humor (or at least an attempt at it), I will drain my savings account for the resources to find them and set them on fire. ;-) And no offense or implications to MT fans/owners, I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous some of this shit is (and be funny, please tell me I'm funny, it would make my Dad proud of me again).

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gun'na get mah tin foil hat out: We all know that MT can't catch up to GW for 'nothin', right? I mean the only thing they had going for them was the multi-ROM using a physical button on the cart. Then GW counters w/ multi-ROM w/ a far more impressive (and less irritating) HUD menu. The MT team all but disappears. SO much so that even the MT faithful start threads asking if MT is dead...

Sky3DS carts look just like a MT cart and have a button. What if these are just old stock JTAG'd MT carts reprogrammed to be Sky3DS's w/ new stickers. They even come in the same blister pack!!! #mindblown

Seriously, if anyone takes that as anything but humor (or at least an attempt at it), I will drain my savings account for the resources to find them and set them on fire. ;-) And no offense or implications to MT fans/owners, I'm just trying to point out how ridiculous some of this shit is (and be funny, please tell me I'm funny, it would make my Dad proud of me again).
nah they only look similar on the outside

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so do we know absolutely 100% for sure that the blue card can not be updated to run on 9.x?
if there is a possibility that GW could get the blue card working on 9.x then there is a possibility that it wil require an FPGA update
the last FPGA update from 1 rom to multirom was one way only , no going back to using old 1 rom launcher.dat FW after the update
wonder if it will have to update the FPGA and then it is a 9.x only card, no going back to 4.5 with it , or even worse once updated its 9.x an d1 rom at a time only ,no going back

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so do we know absolutely 100% for sure that the blue card can not be updated to run on 9.x?
if there is a possibility that GW could get the blue card working on 9.x then there is a possibility that it wil require an FPGA update
the last FPGA update from 1 rom to multirom was one way only , no going back to using old 1 rom launcher.dat FW after the update
wonder if it will have to update the FPGA and then it is a 9.x only card, no going back to 4.5 with it , or even worse once updated its 9.x an d1 rom at a time only ,no going back
There's not much point in updating the blue cart when the ds profile exploit was fixed in fw 7.0 or so (and it wasn't doing much by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GOOD LORD WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THERE?!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Aurora Borealis?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I- AURORA BOREALIS? AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, AT THIS TIME OF DAY, IN THIS PART IF THE COUNTRY, LOCALIZED ENTIRELY WITHIN YOUR KITCHEN?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    jokes aside, anyone else who saw the northern lights tonight, what did you think, i thought they were beautiful for a while, before it went to a vague pink
    maybe later they'll pick up again
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went out and tried to see, but I'm too south, and its too cloudy, bummer
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    too far south? it goes down to alabama tonight
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry about the clouds btw, the sky is clear here rn
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe just too cloudy for me then, Idk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its neat tho, I seen it years ago when I was visiting Canada.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this is my first aurora tbh
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i mean, multiple have happened in my lifetime, but it's always been too cloudy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S LIKE THAT ALMOST EVERY FUCKING METEOR SHOWER TOO
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night