Not open for further replies.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
So to summarise the previous pages of info, their Time Machine downgrades you to 2.1, obtains OTP.bin and then upgrades you to 9.2 with the installation of their own implementation of A9LH?
Nope, it doesn't obtain your OTP. You *only* have the option to install GW bullshit with their tools. You can't obtain OTP to use with other stuff.

Reactions: insidexdeath

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then they deserve the gape, both Gateway and their users.

can you add red card support pls
"We understand the frustration of some of our users, but we value our customer’s safety before anything, and we felt this delay was necessary to bring you the best, safest, most complete and easy to use solution for N3DS, 3DS and 2DS."
The best: No updated sysnand.
The safest! : Profi200 sysUpdater. Without cart we're fucked.
The most complete! : Nope.
Incredible.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It only works because Gateway are still using an old version of NATIVE_FIRM, to be fair.
Does it matter why it works? The point is it does.

That's because Gateway bundles an outdated firmware.bin in their launcher (which is a terrible idea btw because as soon as nintendo releases an update incompatible with old firmwares gateway users won't be able to upgrade until there's support)
Do I absolutely need to have the latest emunand? I don't. And if it breaks, they usually update within a day.

damn, you sure do love to wait and hard work, when you could just have a 2 second boot time, brick protection and the use of an updated sysnand, with your game slot free(to put maybe a ds flashcard in there)... but it's your choice. if you like to be a masochist, it's your choice.

I wouldn't buy Gateway now, I would install A9LH and use Luma. But since I already have it, I have no reason to stop using it. Installing A9LH (which takes at least an hour and I would risk a brick) isn't worth it.

Reactions: Azel

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wouldn't buy Gateway now, I would install A9LH and use Luma. But since I already have it, I have no reason to stop using it. Installing A9LH (which takes at least an hour and I would risk a brick) isn't worth it.
Why not use both A9LH+Luma and Gateway, like some of us are doing? Best of both worlds.

Reactions: Azel

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly. i have nothing against the users, just against the hardware and software of the card and the company itself. I could forgive them if they at least credited the devs who pushed their brains to make masterpieces of software and they just take them away and take all the glory and fame(fortunately, people are waking up by now)
Yeah, it's really crappy they're not even crediting the people who made this happen. Nowadays it's not worth the money to get a Gateway, but it's nice to see GW supporting their old users (except for this a9lh.bin crap going on, they'd better do something about this or I'm gonna use this as a motivator to move all my stuff to Luma)

oh shi thats soon
Gateway soon, to be exact!

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Does it matter why it works? The point is it does.

Do I absolutely need to have the latest emunand? I don't. And if it breaks, they usually update within a day.

but using outdated tools like Gateway Time machine with instructions straight outta' Plailect's Guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and the implementation of dangerous and most of all cancerous DRM to FIRM 0/1 with their own implementation of a9lh, is just worth it right? :) (i don't think it is actually)

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
meaning, that they claimed menuhax to be theirs, and not to be a yellows8 work. please, they just stole software and rebranded it. the worse is that they don't even credit it, as they claim themselves to be "the 3ds scene"

exactly. i have nothing against the users, just against the hardware and software of the card and the company itself. I could forgive them if they at least credited the devs who pushed their brains to make masterpieces of software and they just take them away and take all the glory and fame(fortunately, people are waking up by now)

Gateway have done some shady shit but you don't need to make things up:
And that’s not all, we also created GW.3DSX: a nifty little homebrew application that is loaded through the 3DS Homebrew Channel (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/) and provides another way of booting into Gateway mode.
This means you can now choose your favorite entrypoint that works with the Homebrew Channel, such as the popular cold boot menuhax, and boot straight into the Gateway menu!

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, which means: 1. You never obtain the OTP.bin so you can't back it up. and 2. It installs A9LH which makes your system only boot while their card is in.
Ya I understood that it doesn't allowyou to actually backup your own OTP.bin, which actually sucks considering many people were waiting for a noob friendly method to do so.

Nope, it doesn't obtain your OTP. You *only* have the option to install GW bullshit with their tools. You can't obtain OTP to use with other stuff.
such a shame to be honest. I know open source CFWs got this far because of Yifan reverse engineering GW's launcher, but GW took extreme measures to ensure that no one uses their software even though they most likely used other people's work to implement A9LH.

Pretty much ya. Well I was interested in what they have to offer, but seeing what the Beta testers said, there's no point to be hyped up about this unless you're GW user.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Why not use both A9LH+Luma and Gateway, like some of us are doing? Best of both worlds.
Because I never needed that. Everything I tried works just with Gateway.

but using outdated tools like Gateway Time machine with instructions straight outta' Plailect's Guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki and the implementation of dangerous and most of all cancerous DRM to FIRM 0/1 with their own implementation of a9lh, is just worth it right? :) (i don't think it is actually)
No. But I am not going to do that. I don't need A9LH.

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Gateway have done some shady shit but you don't need to make things up:
Captura_de_Ecr_50.png

actually...

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is probably the most concerning thing. Gateway doesn't even give you your OTP, so you'll need to use Plailect's guide anyway if you want to get away from Gateway's locked down implementation.

They're really screwing this one up.

solress

Not a dev
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is probably the most concerning thing. Gateway doesn't even give you your OTP, so you'll need to use Plailect's guide anyway if you want to get away from Gateway's locked down implementation.

good thing you can make a backup before advancing with the gateway A9LH installer, but it's still shitty they don't even give you the OTP.

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Because I never needed that. Everything I tried works just with Gateway.

No. But I am not going to do that. I don't need A9LH.
it's your choice, if you don't need it, just stay with what you have, I'm just saying it's better

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am pretty sure they didn't updated that since 2013 :P
SOON™ it will be updated

ApolloCheese

the shy guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not. Proprietary a9lh implementation, boots launcher directly (so bye decrypt9, other cfws and stuff until you restore).
i will definitely stay on my current a9lh setup and use the awesome work of you and the other devs involved. booting .3ds files would have been a nice addition but its not a reason to switch to gw. if i get any money off my red card i will donate it to indipendent devs...i still miss a donate button on your github!

Reactions: astronautlevel
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Exactly especially because GW up until now is behind CFW in terms of VC/DSiWare loading, and for some reason they have not even implemented it into their 4.0 Beta which means it's probably not going to be included with their final release.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
it's your choice, if you don't need it, just stay with what you have, I'm just saying it's better

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SOON™ it will be updated
Being able to easily return to exploitable Sysnand with no hacks can be useful. I literally reboot my 3DS and I am on 4.5 with no hacks and i can simply run MSET again to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy