OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://www.shinen.com/games/game.php3?garfield
Looking great! Definitely shares some code with Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop and Fly. I can't wait!
cool.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the last one was quite enjoyable, loading sucked as hell and it ended too quickly, but I liked it.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whenever I hear about Garfield I can't help but think of Maddox's brilliant strip.

And what's all this I hear about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop and Fly? Is it actually any good? I'm a sucker for platformers so I'll give anything a shot.

This Garfield game might even be good.

maddox_garfield.jpg

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And what's all this I hear about Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop and Fly? Is it actually any good? I'm a sucker for platformers so I'll give anything a shot.
It's much too short, it's very easy but it's also quite good. I like it! The gameplay is simple but perfect, the graphics are amazing... The game is short but you can also see it as an advantage: It's so short you won't really get bored of it.
wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Whenever I hear about Garfield I can't help but think of Maddox's brilliant strip.

Hmmm, isn't that the article where a guy who ran out of things to say in less than three years trashtalks a comic for getting slightly repetitive after 25 years? Talk about a foot in the mouth.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hmmm, isn't that the article where a guy who ran out of things to say in less than three years trashtalks a comic for getting slightly repetitive after 25 years? Talk about a foot in the mouth.

No, it's that article written by a guy with a small dick and a hairy back who will nonetheless make more money than you do this year.
I love Garfield, that and Archie comics were what I learned english with, but even in the eighties books, I noticed dupes, not "similar" stories, the exact same ones with different dates. But one toe was drawn differently, or an onomatopeia was changed, and so on. Saying Jim Davis is a lazy motherfucker is valid criticism.

Moral of the story, who gives a fuck about defending Garfield anyway? HE DOESN'T EXIST.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, saying Jim Davis is a lazy motherfucker is valid criticism, saying the entire Garfield series is crap because you found two same jokes is just retarded. Sounds like something a frustrated self-proclaimed cynic would spew out after he ran out of things to be righteously furious about, and is running out of ideas, and "fans" are demanding updates, and even though he claims to ignore his fans, he has to update soon, otherwise it's bye bye popularity. Oh, wait, that's just what it is.
Making a career out of criticising more talented people is kind of more retarded than having repetitive jokes. Surprisingly enough, "I make more money than you" seems to be a valid defense against any criticism, even though an average street sweeper on Iceland makes more money than just about 99% of the world's population, and that still doesn't make him right.

But the Garfield thing is only a minor bone with Maddox. The major crap that choked him on his own foot (drowned him in his own diarrhea, etc. etc. ) was this article.

After admitting that he didn't know what a FET transistor was and how and why it is used (and at the same time claiming to be a computer expert), he goes on to criticise the designers of Segway for using "expensive and unneccessairy" FETs in the Segway, reasoning that if he didn't know what they are for, it can't possibly mean he is an ignorant moron, it can only mean that they are not important.

Then he goes on to say that the entire Segway can be rendered obsolete by adding a third wheel. Even if we ignore all the inertial issues of trying to accelerate without leaning forward, and the fact that an intuitive throttle system is much better than a forward/reverse button (Wiimote, anyone? Natural motions instead of button mashing?), there remains the one advantage of being able to adjust the angle relative to the ground: going uphill. Kind of tricky when the stick you're holding onto is leaning backwards, while your feet are slipping from beneath you. According to Maddox, the problem can be solved by adding a way to adjust the third wheel to compensate for tilt (without explaining how it would be done). That leaves two solutions: manual adjustment, meaning an additional two buttons and motor for height adjustment (which would require even more of those mysterious "FETs"), or make the entire system automatic, meaning all the "expensive and unneccessairy electronics" would be back, only this time Maddox would be right: they wouldn't be serving any purpose to justify their expense.

Hmm, it takes any person with an IQ above room temperature around 3 seconds to see why he is wrong. What does that say about his fans?

People don't think. Maddox happened to be right a few times, in the beginning, but that doesn't mean he can never be wrong. Or that his articles can't be questioned. Everyone can spew hate on the Internet, without fear of retribution or counterarguments (ignoring helps a lot), and if they have one word in their vocabulary more than the unwashed masses, they will seem to them like geniuses, but remember: arrogance isn't competence. It lacks substance. As Maddox amply illustrated.

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You've got to take the things that Maddox says with a grain of salt, man.

I used to love garfield comics back in the day. And then at one point, I just grew out of them. Probably some time around high school. Now I can hardly stand to look at that lazy kitty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1