Marvel's Spider-Man 2 trailer shows first gameplay and introduces Symbiote Suit

Today's PlayStation Showcase ended with a spotlight on Marvel's Spider-Man 2, Insomniac's sequel to their 2018 superhero smash hit. Before the gameplay demonstration, there was a cinematic trailer that gives us our first look at Kraven the Hunter, after he was teased at the end of the reveal trailer in 2021. He appears alongside Kraven's Hunters, a new enemy faction, as they head to New York in search of new prey. We can also see (as confirmed by the PlayStation Blog) that the map has been expanded with several new boroughs, including Queens.

The gameplay trailer begins by showing Peter Parker in the iconic Symbiote Suit and shows off some new abilities revolving around the use of the Symbiote's tendrils. His combat style appears to be more aggressive than in the previous game, which is balanced out by Miles Morales playing in a more traditional Spider-Man style focused on webbing and gadgets. Players can switch between the two heroes "across a variety of story moments," according to the PlayStation Blog, likely meaning which Spider-Man you play as will be scripted for the most part. Insomniac has also confirmed on Twitter that it is a single-player only game and there will be no co-op elements.

The final notable addition are the Web Wings, which can be used by either Spider-Man to fly throughout New York using "wind tunnels."

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 does not have a firm release date yet, but is still on pace to launch this Fall for PlayStation 5.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That game play makes me slightly regret getting rid of my PS5 lol I'll just wait the year or 2 for a PC release IG....

Reactions: Xzi

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This is going to be a much more enjoyable open-world game than TotK, for sure.
Completely different in terms of gameplay and setting (TotK being medieval-ish exploration; this being modern-day) but this just works so much better.

Though, Miles Morales' solo game did get rid of the tedious 'stealth' segments involving non-superpowered people; hopefully that's maintained, and that Screwball and Taskmaster don't show up again.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Reminiscent of the Prototype games but with higher production value, which were of course loosely based on Venom anyway. This version of the trailer also has about a minute cut off at the beginning, so I don't know if I should "spoil" it or not, but
Deadpool
and
Black Cat
will be among those showing up in New York. Very cool, though I'll probably still wait for a discount on this one and/or a PC port.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice.

I do wish they'd port Sunset Overdrive to PS4/PS5 as it is an Insomniac game and it'd get the love it deserves. Plus, possibly a sequel.

Reactions: tabzer

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Insomniac seem to know what they're doing. I was thinking it was just going to be more of the same (which would still be great) but it looks like there will be some cool new mechanics to play with.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So sick! One of the best versions of the Symbiote Suit ever.
Can't wait for Kraven and Wraith as well!

Reminiscent of the Prototype games but with higher production value, which were of course loosely based on Venom anyway. This version of the trailer also has about a minute cut off at the beginning, so I don't know if I should "spoil" it or not, but
Deadpool
and
Black Cat
will be among those showing up in New York. Very cool, though I'll probably still wait for a discount on this one and/or a PC port.
Regarding the first spoiler...
That's the Prowler, not Deadpool

I really hope you're not joking.

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Nice.

I do wish they'd port Sunset Overdrive to PS4/PS5 as it is an Insomniac game and it'd get the love it deserves. Plus, possibly a sequel.
Sadly not gonna happen. It's true that it's developed by Insomniac, but it's published by Xbox Game Studios which will never let it happen. Just like the case with Bloodborne being published by Sony and not letting it on other platforms.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
How long before PC release
Well...taking in mind that it took 4 years for the first one, I'm estimating somewhere the same for this one. It's true that Miles Morales was released only after 2 years on PC, but that was a much smaller game than the first one and that's why I'm comparing it to that one.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly not gonna happen. It's true that it's developed by Insomniac, but it's published by Xbox Game Studios which will never let it happen. Just like the case with Bloodborne being published by Sony and not letting it on other platforms.
I wish they would agree to port, in exchange for each other's exclusive. Xbox gets Bloodborne port, and PS5 gets Sunset Overdrive. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Marc_LFD

eduall

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This is going to be a much more enjoyable open-world game than TotK, for sure.
Completely different in terms of gameplay and setting (TotK being medieval-ish exploration; this being modern-day) but this just works so much better.

Though, Miles Morales' solo game did get rid of the tedious 'stealth' segments involving non-superpowered people; hopefully that's maintained, and that Screwball and Taskmaster don't show up again.
Comparing both games is like comparing lego with minecraft !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto