Hardware GamePro Writer Slams PS Vita

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GamePro...isn't that the company, which has to shut its door's on december 5th and is ruined? wonder why... ^^

on a serious note/jokes aside:

GamePro...isn't that the company, which has to shut its door's on december 5th and is ruined? well, well...

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I don't agree with the Vita is the memory cards, but other than that, the Vita looks like it'll do fine at launch.
That's just my opinion though.

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I don't agree with the Vita is the memory cards, but other than that, the Vita looks like it'll do fine at launch.
That's just my opinion though.
So you think the Vita has "Weak" launch titles?

Can you name a system that has had better?

And what is your opinion on 3DS battery life?

What do you think the the 249.99 wifi model?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
His final conclusions are false, thus I disregard the entire review and shall not read it. It's pointless to re-write what's already been said - all his "points" can be countered effortlessly.

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His final conclusions are false, thus I disregard the entire review and shall not read it. It's pointless to re-write what's already been said - all his "points" can be countered effortlessly.
His only valid point is the saving thing, that's it.

You can't even counter with battery life because 3DS battery life is also abysmal

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Too expensive- I disagree. This console has a quad core processor and an OLED screen (I will not say AMOLED until Sony themselves confirm it - and when I went to a Sony store one day in Penang they have a brand new ad for the console which still states OLED), these two are expensive shit to manufacture. Plus your ads and blah blah ($299 is the price of the 3G model), the price isn't really THAT bad. Besides, hello launch day 3DS.

Battery Life I have to agree - 3 - 5 hours is pretty short when most modern electronics can last about 7 - 8. I clocked in about 5 - 7 hours in 2D for the 3DS, hopefully it'll be about the same.

PS1 classics - As I said before the Vita is NOT a PS1 successor. Sony need not even add this in.

Backwards compatibility can even not be added by Sony. For the UMD passport, you should be thankful that you only pay a small amount and not the full priced digital copy.

Weak launch titles - I wouldn't say much about this because I don't really like the majority of the launch list as well. It's personal preference I guess. I don't really like the 3DS launch either.

No control over save - The only actual true case in his *troll* post.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
He doesn't mention the 250 dollar model

Sony's already killed the PlayStation Vita. Seriously, I don't even want one anymore. Ever since the ambitiously designed portable successor to the PSP was officially announced at E3 this last summer, each news story about the system's drawbacks really has me rethinking that $249 purchase.

(Or, $299 if you want to deal with AT&T's 3G service.)

looks like he did, first paragraph and all.

Between the PSP's over-designed successors and the Nintendo 3DS's lackluster number of compelling titles, it's no wonder that Android and iOS are killing both Sony and Nintendo's presence in the handheld gaming market. With gadgets like the PS Vita, the allure of upgrading to the next system just isn't there. Instead of spending $250 on it, I would rather take $129, replace my broken PSP 3000, and wait a year or two for Sony to make a handheld gaming system I can actually use.

oh, he did again, last paragraph.

maybe if you read the original article...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: 1 person

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I think he means he is pissed that you can't save all games on the actual game card and that you NEED a memory card for some games or you can't play them.

-EDIT-

Terrible article he sounds like a big baby.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The memory card is actually for security purposes as Sony mentioned it.

More like financial security, ba-dum-tish.

But the points:
  • Too expensive: $250 is fine, $300 is only if you want the premium 3G model. Considering how much people pay for iPods and iPads nowadays, it's kinda silly that if a video game console even hovers near their pricing, it gets cut down immediately.
  • Low battery life: I never found battery life an issue on consoles. My old PSP had shit battery and I lived with it until it broke and I got a PSP Go. 3-5 hours seems fine. Odds are any longer than that and I'll be in an area to charge it anyway.
  • PSOne Classics: It'll come soon anyway. Or you could just use your PSP.
  • UMD Passport Program: Sony kinda got themselves in a "Catch 22" with PSP compatibility. On one hand, everyone would hate for them to cut support for their previous system. On the other hand, UMDs are shit and adding an entire UMD drive to an already bulky handheld with the only purpose of having backwards compatibility would be stupid. I mean even the DS used the GBA slot for things other than GBA games (add ons and things like that). The Passport Program is the best you're gonna get. I think Sony really expected for the Go to catch on and, if it did, a lot of people would have digital copies of their PSP games instead of worrying about importing their crappy UMDs.
  • Weak launch titles: Different strokes different folks. It's hard to defend something that's purely opinion here.
  • Save game data: I don't see the point behind this complaint. You've still got save data in the end.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
People are still bitching about the price! Get over it and stop beating a dead horse already. If you don't like the price wait for it to drop. Nobody really gives two shits about what you crybabies think any way. If I feel something is out of my price range I'll wait for it to drop or start saving, but I don't sit around crying about it for fucken weeks on end.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HOUSTON - PlayStation Vita criticism is like peanut butter and GamePro’s McKinley Noble sees fit to spread it on the crustless bread that is the Internet.
Noble doesn’t waste words: he’s frustrated and believes Sony has set the Vita up for failure.
“Sony's not selling me a revolutionary portable touch-screen gaming system, they're selling me a giant headache,” he writes.
His peeves?
-- Too expensive ($299)
-- Low battery life
-- PSOne classics not available at launch
-- UMD Passport Program
-- Weak launch titles
-- No control over save game feature
http://www.myfoxhous...r-slams-ps-vita

1. Price isn't that bad and is the same as 3DS.

2. Same as 3DS what a whiner

3. It's bad but it's nothing to complain about and it will be supported soon anyway.

4. Actually the UMD passport program isn't as bad as everyone thinks there are quite a few titles supported in Japan that only cost 100-300 yen, only one actually goes over 1500 yen and it's a crappy pachinko game. most are

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
5. I agree on weak launch titles, it's pretty much the D and F list in all regions. Valid complaint

6. Valid complaint
The first one is pretty much just your oppinion and his. I don't see it being valid at all. From the 26/29 titles being offered, aren't you interested in nothing? There's something for anyone there. It's pretty much the best launch line-up since Dreamcast.

The last one is valid though. It's up to the developer of the game, when it's something that could be an option from the one who owns the game.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
People are still bitching about the price! Get over it and stop beating a dead horse already. If you don't like the price wait for it to drop. Nobody really gives two shits about what you crybabies think any way. If I feel something is out of my price range I'll wait for it to drop or start saving, but I don't sit around crying about it for fucken weeks on end.

well you obviously gave enough shits to write this message, but you got a good point: if you don't like the initial price, then don't be an early adopter. wait until next year's Black Friday or whatever.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
No, I really don't give a shit about peoples opinions that the price is too high. I am however tired of haveing to dredge through all the posts bitching about it.

Back on topic. This guy probably wouldn't even buy one anyway since he'll have access to one through the magazines office system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: