No Vita price cut this year, but Sony engineers hard at work

D

Deleted_171835

The Vita really needs some more games, the library is OK, but it's really lacking and unfortunately moving towards Christmas, there aren't a lot of big hitters. I will be getting Little Big Planet for the Vita in September and Ragnarok Odyssey in October, but otherwise the Christmas release period for the Vita looks absolutely lacklustre since the only other game coming out before Christmas that doesn't look like a piece of crap is Persona 4. It's suffering through the same issues the 3DS is facing at this moment, however the 3DS has a pretty good Christmas lineup.

There's quite a bit in October. Street Fighter x Tekken, Ragnarok as you mentioned, Silent Hill, Zero Escape, Asscreed Liberation, and then November has PASBR, Persona 4, S&S All Stars Transformed, and NFS Most Wanted.
Don't forget Spyhunter which hopefully will be as good as the first one on the PS2.
This is the big issue with the Vita. Most of the games you've mentioned are multiplatform. The Vita needs more exclusives if they want people to buy the platform.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the big issue with the Vita. Most of the games you've mentioned are multiplatform. The Vita needs more exclusives if they want people to buy the platform.
Most recent consoles have a lot of ports early on. SIlent Hill, AC: L. Spyhunter and Ragnarok are some decent exclusives. Though I'm not liking what Silent Hill is looking like....

D

Deleted_171835

Most consoles have a lot of ports early on. SIlent Hill, AC: L. Spyhunter and Ragnarok are some decent exclusives. Though I'm not liking what Silent Hill is looking like....
Two exclusives with one of them not looking good (SpyHunter is on 3DS) ? That isn't decent.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I listed four and just because I don't like one doesn't mean it will be bad. Though they all might be bad. :(
I thought Spyhunter was an exclusive but with the high production cost and low Japanese support it looks bad. Hoping Ys gets localized though I'm questioning why it is a Japanese vita exclusive since it sells decently enough on steam.

Reactions: 1 person

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Although the 3DS was able to achieve a price cut by switching to cheaper screens, compare a launch 3DS to a current 3DS or 3DS XL.
I'm pretty sure most people can't compare the screen from a launch 3DS and from a current 3DS. Do you have proof that Nintendo achieved the price cut by using "cheaper" screens?

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much for me to say that hasn't already been said, but a focus on bundles first and price cuts later is probably the best way to go right now for sony to ensure they still make a profit.
I would like to see a limited edition console out around the holidays, lord knows the God Of War and The Darth Vader PSP'S were pretty hot.
Perhaps A Mortal Kombat limited edition? It's doing extremely well on the vita.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...