PS Vita Facts

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lurker2, Oct 20, 2012.

Oct 20, 2012

PS Vita Facts by Lurker2 at 12:48 AM (4,214 Views / 4 Likes) 94 Comments

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Message Count:
    Australia
    How do we know its marketed to a different audience? Easy, look at the games on both consoles then come back and try again to say both consoles are marketed to the same market

Wow. Just wow. Dude seriously I could use the same example you made and twist it to bash anything "Android phones suck because I have to use a Micro SD card instead of a regular SD card also to add things to my phone I have to plug it into my computer but if I lose the cable I have to get a new one since it uses a Micro USB and not a regular USB and if I run out of space I have to buy a new Micro SD card"

That logic is so stupid it can be used to bash anything from the 3DS to any new technological device.

• Newcomer

Jetowa New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    The titles for the system are not what i was referring to in that post. If you read it, I am saying that they system fits my hands (adult here) better! I agree with you on the titles though, as there are plenty of titles for all ages on both systems (check out psp games, and minis for kids on the vita). ^_^
    • Reporter

Foxi4 Shotgun to the face is not a contingency plan.

Message Count:
    Poland
    I like it how people who claim the Vita has "no gaems" usually aren't even interested in getting a Vita anyways.
    1 people like this.

Kiekoes New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Vita has no gaems. Now come back to DS-Scene.
    1 people like this.
    • Reporter

Message Count:
    Poland
    I have free 3G. Literally. $2 monthly added to my original cell plan is an internet plan. I can use 3G all I want, no extra charges, no matter how much traffic I use up.

See your argument?

I don't - it's already at the bottom of the cliff it just fell from.

Don't be a fanboy - it doesn't suit you. ;)

I lurk at the Scene - there just isn't anything I'd like to reply to there yet.
    2 people like this.

roastable New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Well, I think it more so has to do with them being overpriced, especially when it comes to buying games as physical or digital copies.
    Sony's propriety Memory Stick is notoriously expensive when comparing it to standard SD cards or MicroSD cards. At local stores, I can get a 16GB SD card for about $15 while the Sony Memory Stick is $30 (if I recall) for 8GB.

On top of that, the games you purchase on the PSN add even more to the cost. Sure, they're a little less expensive than the physical copies, but when you consider the price of the Memory Stick, you're actually losing more.

emigre Putting out the fire with gasoline

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Sony't Memory Stick is a new format. SD has been out for years and have gotten cheaper and cheaper. Four years ago, I bought a 4GB Micro SD card for £12. A few months ago, I bought a 32GB Micro SD card for £15.

RodrigoDavy AAAHHHHRRRRRRRR!

Message Count:
    Brazil

First of all, it's kind of disrespectful calling my logic stupid, especially since you got my logic wrong. When I say SD card, I meant regular SD cards + micro SD cards and anything in that family.
    Second, haven't you heard micro SD cards are compatilbe with SD slots by just using a cheap adapter which oftens is sold with the micro-sd card itself?
    And third, I've never seen a normal size SD card before buying a 3DS, so I really thougt when I said SD cards people would assume micro SD cards, sorry for my mistake.

EDIT: Fixed some typos

roastable New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    Sure, okay. But why would they make it pricier? It's still flash storage. Just because the shape has changed, doesn't mean it warrants a higher price.

I feel like the only reason they did this was to avoid having it read directly by the PC. But sooner or later, a reader will surface.

inb4 Sony are assholes, that's why
    1 people like this.

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

Message Count:
    United States
    The Vita is probably not selling for enormous profit per console and the memory sticks are a way of covering their costs.
    3 people like this.
    • Global Moderator

Bortz No film in this camera

Message Count:
    United States
    Well When FAST posts a text wall you shut up and read it cause you are bout to learn something. But this? This is just painful.
    1 people like this.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    I am interested in the Vita, it's just too expensive.
    So I make jokes about its games. That is all.
    DON'T QUOTE ME ON THIS!
    • Reporter

Message Count:
    Poland
    People fail to understand that the Vita is both more powerful and more expensive to manufacture than the 3DS - it cannot phyiscally be sold at a lower price at this point in time, and the memory cards are indeed a way for Sony to bounce back. It's a one-time purchase and I don't see why everybody sees it as an issue with the system - the system's fine.

Video game consoles are luxurious products - it's simple as that. They're not a necessity like bread and butter, thus nobody should complain that they're expensive.

DinohScene Femboy

Message Count:
    Agreed with that.
    FAST's posts are informative.

They could use a little better formatting indeed but still I continue to read them.

FAST is a great lad!
    1 people like this.
    • Global Moderator

ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 2

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Thus explaining why you likened it to...SpotPass?
    2 people like this.
    • Reporter

Message Count:
    Poland
    I see a big difference between a wall of text and a well-formated, long post.

The first lacks clarity, FAST's posts don't.
    1 people like this.

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    1) Sony are a Tech company and will try to push through Sony tech when they can. This isn't a secret.
    2) The new memory stick format is only used with the Vita. Ergo there is no need for a reader for it. In fact I don't believe there's even reader for it.
    3) How is it Sony's fault if the consumer loses their memory stick or it gets full? The original point is ridiculous.

Research, development, testing? Or they have a monopoly on Vita storage. Its not like the Vita memory stick format is competing with SD, hence no immediate need to make prices competitive.

RodrigoDavy AAAHHHHRRRRRRRR!

Message Count:
    Brazil
    EDIT: I elaborated more on my argument

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Its a disadvantage with just about every memory format in the history of the world.
    7 people like this.

Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Message Count:
    Australia
    There are adapters for Micro SD to SD however Micro SD is more expensive than SD as a 64GB Micro SD usually sells for around $90AUD but I don't complain about any of this since I knew what I might have needed to spend when getting a device that uses it same happened with the Vita since I knew I would need to buy a memory card. I have every right to criticize your logic and if its illogical I have every right to bash it but seeing as you made a mistake with your wording and I guess I misread because of that I apologise.
    1 people like this.

SPONSORED LINKS