RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic ANDROID PORT Vita v.1.0 - Rinnegatamante

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even when you are not a fan of RollerCoaster Tycoon, read it ! This release has the new FMOD plugin created from hatoving ''Attila Kuti''.
hatoving has ported Geometry Dash to the PS Vita (https://github.com/hatoving/gdash-vita) and its the first release that use FMOD. The new FMOD plugin opens more compatible Android Ports for the Vita, so lets see what the future brings. Anyway Install FMOD.
But now to RollerCoaster Tycoon ->

Title : RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic

Description :
RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic is a new RCT experience, combining the best features from two of the most successful and beloved RCT games in the series history RollerCoaster Tycoon and RollerCoaster Tycoon 2. Create and run amazing parks complete with the most outrageous rides imaginable. RCT Classic includes a mixture of authentic playability, depth of gameplay and unique graphical style of Chris Sawyer’s original best-selling RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Games, now enhanced for handheld devices. Packed with content, players can enjoy designing and building roller coasters and rides, landscaping parks and managing the staff and finances to keep their guests happy and the money...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.mobile.rctclassic&hl=en_US

Author : Rinnegatamante

Info :
This is a wrapper/port of RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic for the PS Vita.
The port works by loading the official Android ARMv7 executables in memory, resolving their imports with native functions and patching them in order to properly run. By doing so, it's basically as if we emulate a minimalist Android environment in which we run natively the executable as they are.

Version : RCT Classic Vita v.1.0 (First Release)

Download :
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/1182
or
https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/rct-vita/releases

Requirements :
- libshacccg.suprx
- libfmodstudio.suprx
- kubridge.skprx
- Android Game Data Files

Setup Vita System :
- Install kubridge and FdFix by copying kubridge.skprx and fd_fix.skprx to your taiHEN plugins folder (usually ux0:tai) and adding two entries to your config.txt under *KERNEL:
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/kubridge.skprx
ux0:tai/fd_fix.skprx
Note : Don't install fd_fix.skprx if you're using rePatch plugin
- Install libshacccg.suprx
https://cimmerian.gitbook.io/vita-troubleshooting-guide/shader-compiler/extract-libshacccg.suprx
- Extract libfmodstudio.suprx
How to get the FMOD.suprx files for PS Vita homebrew ports NFO-hatoving :
Legally obtain one of these games. It doesn't matter which one you pick; all of them should work fine.
PCSE01426
PCSE01188
PCSE01010
- Install (if you haven't already) and open up FAGDec via VitaShell.
- Scroll down to and select the game you installed (for example, PCSE01188 = I Am The Hero.)
- Let it finish looking for the modules and select the path that ends with libfmodstudio.suprx with X.
- Press O to go back to the main menu, press START and select START DECRYPT (SELF) to start the decrypting process with START.
- Once it's finished (indicated by the [!] Done message in the log), open up VitaShell and go to the path where the decrytped plugins are located. You can find it by scrolling a bit by the log messages; there should be a log that goes something like: Outpath: (PATH HERE.)
(Tip: hold down left/right to see a full view of either list if you can't see the full path.)
- In VitaShell, copy libfmodstudio.suprx from the path mentioned before and place it in ur0:data/.
- Congrats; you got FMOD Studio on your Vita.

Install Android Data Files :
- Install the vpk.
- Obtain your copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic legally for Android in form of an .apk and two .obb files.
- Open the apk with your zip explorer and extract all the .ogg files inside the assets folder to ux0:data/rct/assets. You can then remove those files from inside the apk to save space.
- Place the .apk file, renamed as game.apk, inside ux0:data/rct.
- Place the two .obb files, renamed respectively as main.obb and patch.obb omsode ux0:data/rct.
- Optional, Install PSVshell to overclock your device to 500Mhz.

DLCs Support :
DLCs for RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic can be enabled by editing a config file named settings.cfg located inside ux0:app/RCTCLASS1. We strongly encourage to enable support for these contents solely if you possess these contents on your Android device. Sadly, we have no way to propose a license check on Vita against your purchased in-game contents on Android, so show respect and support the original authors of the game first before proceeding. Open the file ux0:app/RCTCLASS1/settings.cfg and change enable_dlcs=0 to enable_dlcs=1.

Notes and Tips :
- The game has been tested with v.1.2.1 of the game.
- Very rarely, game may crash at boot. If it happens, just restart the app.
- The game can tank heavily framerate depending on how much is going on. Disabling music rides should help mitigate framerate issues.
- The game ships in two versions: a speedhack one (default) and a safe one (launchable by clicking on the related option in the Livearea.) The speedhack version will have a way better framerate in exchange of some occasional glitching and flickering.
- In-app purchase DLCs can be unlocked. Check the DLCs Support to know how.

Credits :
- TheFloW for the original .so loader.
- CatoTheYounger for the screenshots and for testing the homebrew.
- gl33ntwine for the Livearea assets.

First Test ~30 minutes = WORKING (need long time in first start, just wait and dont close)

Many Thanks Rinnegatamante and hatoving for FMOD !

hatoving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
'ello, i should point out that i DID NOT create the fmod plugin, nor necessarily the technical parts behind getting to work on homebrew ports. that was all done by way smarter people than me, i only merely wrote the guide on how to obtain 'em

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but you was the first one with a port and learning it :) thanks man

anyway I had download a final plugin for FMOD on reddit. I had try to do it myself with a NONPDRM file, this was a big mistake, after that my PSTV was complete damage.
of course it was not mention in the NFO from you to use NONPDRM, so this was my own mistake. but this is the result of using NONPDRM, so dont use it.

has this FMOD plugin a copyright ? when not, than just put the final plugin in the download archive, make it easy for more members and fans.

hatoving

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
none of us are pretty much allowed to share the plugin around publicly; this is the only safe and legal way to do it

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
legal way -> yes that was the main question. thanks :)
of course a copyright Vita game gets decompiled for FMOD plugin, make sense. but great idea, opens a bigger world for android ports. I am to stupid to do it myself, so I am thankfully for everything. I just write the topics on gbatemp, thats all.

hope coming more from you in future, stay strong.

Reactions: hatoving

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto