Further information about the upcoming Nintendo Switch "Mig Switch" flashcart has been revealed

mig.png

A few days after the monumental reveal of a work-in-progress flashcart being made for the Nintendo Switch, more information has been made available. The previously unnamed flashcart is set to be called "Mig Switch", and the initial Twitter user that unveiled the Mig Switch's existence, After Time X, managed to get in contact with the team behind it all. According to them, they were offered a review unit of the Mig Switch, but turned it down, as the After Time X team fears legal repercussions from dealing with "backup loader" hardware.

Another interesting tidbit is that existing dumps of Switch games will NOT be compatible with the Mig Switch, and backups will need to be repacked to function with the flashcart. Games played with the flashcart can be played online, as well.

The Mig Switch currently has a website, where it is seeking distributors to work together with in order to sell initial limited quantities of the Mig Switch device, with the first units to be delivered sometime in January. The team claims that full availability is expected around March/April 2024. It'll come with the Mig Switch card, and the Mig Switch Dumper, with the latter of which allowing you to back up your games using NXdumpTool.

:arrow: Official Website

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Has anyone even read what they state on the website?

"IMPORTANT NOTE: We do NOT sell retail (to end users)"

So unless you're a corporation OR you find a distributor (going to be very hard to find), you won't be able to purchase the cart.
Like multiple companies that produce keyboards or whatever peripheral, when you go to their site there's no shop but a « reseller » menu where you select your country and buy from whatever website that's listed there. Doubt it's going to be THAT hard to find

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So...... I get it.

Nintendo cant do anything because the product is aimed for developers, testers etc. and they strictly stated that its not for piracy etc..... also, its kinda in a grey zone we know but every country has different rules, and sure there are several ones where it is 100% allowed to backup your own games for private purposes and Nintendo cant do anything about it, simply because their policy is not to sell to"everyone" playing "backups" but this product is marketed and aimed for specific groups (professional ones).

Second, retails are the only ones not allowed to make an contact with them, only shops basically........ and since its also produced in Russia and the fact that even retails resell stuff to other sellers, hmmm I imagine that a bunch of fishy shops would buy it and "smuggle" it all over the world and thats hard to stop.

The difference to all other "flashcard" manufacturers (dunno if they are really the same ones or they changed their tactics) to this date are, that this is the first time they are strictly stating that this should not be used for piracy, they dont sell it "retail" and its located in Russia.... so, basically, Nintendo cant do anything pretty much. Its up to governments/regulations to keep track of all those supply chaines.

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
18 pages and I'm shocked no one has this so far but why the heck is it called Mig Switch? What on Earth is a mig? I tried looking it up and all I got was some aircraft company based in Russia? I guess the team might really be based in Russia then.

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
18 pages and I'm shocked no one has this so far but why the heck is it called Mig Switch? What on Earth is a mig? I tried looking it up and all I got was some aircraft company based in Russia? I guess the team might really be based in Russia then.
Exactly is the flag airship of Russia, and is the more used combat plane, beside the high publicized USA ones, the MIG is best on all aspects.
Post automatically merged:

And the logo is a reference to it:

1703993263675.png

WiFiStackSmash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only so far seem to work for cartridge games so a tiny bit limited. Hopefully it works with custom xci
It most definitely won't, at least not on stock Switches. This is the same concept as the Sky3DS. It's emulating a legitimate cartridge 1:1. In order for this to work, both the XCI (and/or the NCAs in it) and certificates need valid signatures. Any tampering whatsoever, that signature is broken and the Switch will reject the game.

Reactions: impeeza

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When this ever gets released, whoever is okay with possibly being banned, I guess you could check the online thing with your own game carts. In this test just a v2 switch I guess with no cfw, so we could really no if this flash cart got you banned.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country

there are also MIG welders. I know some countries "soldering" is called "welding" Maybe summat related to that?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
there are also MIG welders. I know some countries "soldering" is called "welding" Maybe summat related to that?
It's a method of Welding, Metal - Inert Gas, Is a type of welding where the electrode is the filler metal is feed from a coil, and the nozzle also provide a flux of inert gas (argon) to protect the welding and create plasma but I don't think this is the case.
When youth I was very skill on that type of welding.

paulttt

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a method of Welding, Metal - Inert Gas, Is a type of welding where the electrode is the filler metal is feed from a coil, and the nozzle also provide a flux of inert gas (argon) to protect the welding and create plasma but I don't think this is the case.
When youth I was very skill on that type of welding.

Appreciate the definition, however I am aware of what welding is, in fact I'm quite a skilled "welder myself including MIG and TIG.. I was highlighting that in some countries "welding" is interchangeable with "soldering".

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares I see you didn't moderate the 3 above posts as well and I wasn't off topic because there is a mig in the icon for this thing and we were discussing the icon. stupid reason to mod a post.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Exactly is the flag airship of Russia, and is the more used combat plane, beside the high publicized USA ones, the MIG is best on all aspects.

View attachment 411060
Im not pro american... but no, its not, but okay. This is not politics. Just some quick hints and fun facts: Russia sometimes used "USA" materials for marketing purposes (planes) which is silly for me. Fact two, not to menion other things where actually USA was "first" (Russians just advanced it and now are better) like the first hypersonic missiles etc.

• Love

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not pro russia especially after what they did to the Ukraine. But enough about politics I guess. We're all going to get modded away.. I'm just waiting to see what happens with this device and who sells it and where to get it from. I'll grab the popcorn and a pepsi to watch and see what Nintendo does about it.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country

View attachment 411060
Yeah the Mig 29 was the Russian answer to the F-16 going into American use. I vaguely recall controversy that docs were leaked to Russia to help them develop the 29 faster but can't say that for sure

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the Mig 29 was the Russian answer to the F-16 going into American use. I vaguely recall controversy that docs were leaked to Russia to help them develop the 29 faster but can't say that for sure
Omg hello Jurai. are you still playing Sega Saturn ? I remember you wanted me to get one many years ago lols :)

• Haha
Reactions: Quore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__