Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but will you try? because I read in other forums that does not work ... if you say it works, just upgrade to 3.0.0-5??

If your card is listed in the first post, it means SOMEONE already tried and confirmed it.

flanscan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i-SDHC 3DS (1.49B official firmware contains update)(http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/)(Please go to "setting/upgrade" to upgrade firmware)

They must definitely be talking about this working with the 3.0.0-5j because it is not working with the 3.0.0-5U. I have this card and updated it through a DS Lite with no problems. Put it in the 3DS and get white screen when I try to start the icon. Put it back in the DS Lite and all I get now is a white screen, even if the card is reformatted, etc and reloaded with the firmware download.

Can anyone help on this? I kinda figured an update might not be out right now but why can't I get the card to work on the DS Lite now? It was reading before but now just white screen when I start up the program.

And if there is going to be an update that will make this card work with the new update is there any idea on when?

And all of this is with the system that had the new update applied to it already.

Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They must definitely be talking about this working with the 3.0.0-5j because it is not working with the 3.0.0-5U. I have this card and updated it through a DS Lite with no problems. Put it in the 3DS and get white screen when I try to start the icon. Put it back in the DS Lite and all I get now is a white screen, even if the card is reformatted, etc and reloaded with the firmware download.

Now that you have downloaded 1.49b and put it on your Micro SD card, boot up your flash card and go to the icon all the way to the right on the main menu, press "A" while it is highlighted. If your unsure, the icon is called "Configuration" and should say so on the very bottom of your DS's bottom screen. Now select "Upgrade." Now select "Start." The firmware update that is embedded in the 1.49b file you just extracted to your micro sd card in step 1 should then begin. This update does make the r4i-sdhc 3DS card compatible with Nintendo's 3.0.0-5U firmware. I have this flash card and a 3DS on 3.0.0-5 firmware and my card works great. If you have done these steps and all your getting is white screens it sounds like you're going to need another flash card to unbrick your R4i-SDHC 3DS card. It doesn't sound like a contact issue as your 3DS reads the card right from the start and I'm assuming you have the correct files extracted to your Micro SD card.

edanps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndsicards.com
XP
Country
Argentina
R4i-SDHC 3DS (1.49B official firmware contains update)(http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/)(Please go to "setting/upgrade" to upgrade firmware)

Can anyone help on this? I kinda figured an update might not be out right now but why can't I get the card to work on the DS Lite now? It was reading before but now just white screen when I start up the program.

And if there is going to be an update that will make this card work with the new update is there any idea on when?

And all of this is with the system that had the new update applied to it already.

Thanks.

A lot of users are complaining about white screens in my blog. Maybe they have fakes R4i SDHC or maybe the updater has a high "brick ratio".

frenchmaninsd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4i-gold 3DS from R4I-gold.com (aka r4i-gold.eu) with version 1.67 does not work with 3.0.0. Good thing my fiancee who lives with me also has a 3DS so we can trade system when we want to play the flashcard...The manufacturer still hasnt released a new version but it was supposed to be "these days" according to them, based on their reply to my email...

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Has anyone updated and not received the globe thing from the MiiPlaza? I tried updating my region but it still doesn't appear.. Is anyone from Portugal or other country facing the same problem?

flanscan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have updated 2 x R4I-3DS cards and 1 x R4I-SDHC V 1.41 and all 3 work fine with the new firmware

You upgraded by just copying the new files over to the SD card correct? I spoke to someone locally here today who sells the R4 cards and he said that doing the upgrade flashed the chip on the R4 card and that is why it is showing up with the white screen. He said it should have been just a copying of the updated files (v1.49b) to the SD card and playing it in the 3DS and not doing the upgrade. In this case he said the card is bricked, etc unless the chip on the card can be reflashed.

Is this what you did?

Thanks.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3i Zero is still trailing in last as always I see. I want that update. I see a lot of thread bashing on that card but it is still my favorite one. I already updated my acekard 2i and supercard dstwo.

Also I don't see in the list anything about the Ace3ds :P But I don't know anything about this card and I don't take it out of its package anyway lol.

Pllssszzz M3 team still be alive. But I will wait. The M3 forum on here is pretty dead and no talk about the update at all there. Actually their official forum is dead too.

iikkee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
M3i Zero is still trailing in last as always I see. I want that update. I see a lot of thread bashing on that card but it is still my favorite one. I already updated my acekard 2i and supercard dstwo.

Also I don't see in the list anything about the Ace3ds :P But I don't know anything about this card and I don't take it out of its package anyway lol.

Pllssszzz M3 team still be alive. But I will wait. The M3 forum on here is pretty dead and no talk about the update at all there. Actually their official forum is dead too.

The M3i Zero team has released an update today but it doesn't work.

http://www.handheldsources.net/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

OswaldoMiguel

Trophies
XP
I got a R4i3D, and it doesn't work on 3DS upgrade 3.0.0-5U....
Is there anybody who knows an upgrade for it or I'll just have to buy another kind of flashcard ?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I got a R4i3D, and it doesn't work on 3DS upgrade 3.0.0-5U....
Is there anybody who knows an upgrade for it or I'll just have to buy another kind of flashcard ?
If the team has been inactive lately, and an updater hasn't been released on the flashcart's official website, it's likely that they won't be releasing an updater. I'd say look for a better flashcart, instead of wasting your time looking for an unofficial updater (which usually don't work so well...).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Has anyone updated and not received the globe thing from the MiiPlaza? I tried updating my region but it still doesn't appear.. Is anyone from Portugal or other country facing the same problem?

people that are having this problem, it means that there is no map currently for your region
i have only seen, Japan, USA, UK, Spain regions but might be worth listing regions that are showing

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i have updated 2 x R4I-3DS cards and 1 x R4I-SDHC V 1.41 and all 3 work fine with the new firmware

You upgraded by just copying the new files over to the SD card correct? I spoke to someone locally here today who sells the R4 cards and he said that doing the upgrade flashed the chip on the R4 card and that is why it is showing up with the white screen. He said it should have been just a copying of the updated files (v1.49b) to the SD card and playing it in the 3DS and not doing the upgrade. In this case he said the card is bricked, etc unless the chip on the card can be reflashed.

Is this what you did?

Thanks.

no you have to run the update first before you upgrade the console also

it tells you on front page so please read

unlimitedfarmer

Trophies
XP
Country
The R4iSDHCv2 (the so-called DS Happybox) of http://www.r4isdhc.com does NOT work on 3.0.0-5 E.
Using V2.0.14 BETA, the latest upgrade that seems to be available from the site (March 2011).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o