Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Why not create a sticky with 3DS/PSP/Wii useful/related links in each section? I also have checked many old stickied posts and many of them contained outdated information, broken links or the text and pictures did not display correctly making them useless or unreadable. It's not a problem trying to keep content here but if the old content is not well mantained it's just as good as a broken link.
Many of the threads do provide links in addition to info, the issue is threads that are ONLY links. Look at Pong's thread, he removed all the lists and just gives a link to his blog now.

I've been going through sections and removing outdated/broken threads, but only in the sections where I can actually tell if something is outdated or not. Like, I don't have a 360 or a PS3 so it's hard to tell what info is updated and what's not for example. As for others, I've sent out PMs to various people asking if they'd update a guide or not.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I actually think, that the DSTWO gets blocked forever, as soon as either the SuperCard Team, or their customers no longer care about DS ROMs.
The DS has a good library of games, but I won't expect a 7 year old play Pokémon Diamond in 2025, unless he or she thinks nostalgia.

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually think, that the DSTWO gets blocked forever, as soon as either the SuperCard Team, or their customers no longer care about DS ROMs.
The DS has a good library of games, but I won't expect a 7 year old play Pokémon Diamond in 2025, unless he or she thinks nostalgia.
well the ds will be years outdated then, we will have the 8ds by then and there will be new flashcarts available

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I was talking about the DSTWO, not about Flash Cards that don't exist yet.
But when the time comes, I honestly think Flash Cards will all die, and everything will be Soft Modded instead (just look at the Wii Homebrew Channel, and its simplicity of installing it!).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was talking about the DSTWO, not about Flash Cards that don't exist yet.
But when the time comes, I honestly think Flash Cards will all die, and everything will be Soft Modded instead (just look at the Wii Homebrew Channel, and its simplicity of installing it!).

You can't softmode a DS.
The DSi is dead(I mean, no longer Nintendo support),
yet flashcards still work fine with it.

Probably Supercard Team won't give support to DSTwo after 3DS die,
but I believe it will still be working on 3DS the same way it still works on DSi.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Facepalm.png

Let me re-explain it again.
The future Handhelds would be Soft Modded, not the DS.
Also, DSi is still alive, the DS is dead.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me re-explain it again.
The future Handhelds would be Soft Modded, not the DS.

Remember that there is nothing that guarantee that.
We still don't know how much secure 3DS system is,
and how the system could be used after an exploit has been found(custom firmware, flashcards etc).

Only time will tell.

Also, DSi is still alive, the DS is dead.

Not much, DSi titles are few now and then, and they are compatible with 3DS.
There are no DS game releases.
3DS is already there, selling pretty well.
It's marketshare has already been replaced for 3DS

I see no reason to consider it still "alive".

Narwhalicus

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this question has been done to death but there are 78 pages to this.

How close/far away are we from being able to play 3DS games on a flashcart? Someone must have some kind of prediction on the time because surely its being worked on right now.
Also the 3DS has been out for a while now so it seems strange that it is taking so long. Not that I am ungrateful or anything but i am planning on buying a 3DS and that purchase is very dependent on whether 3DS games will be playable.

More on topic, I have an R4 which I believe is using Wood firmware, or YSmenu firmware, I can't quite remember which. Are any of those two confirmed working on 3DS? I ask because I think they are quite obscure compared to firmware that is still being updated and worked on.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this question has been done to death but there are 78 pages to this.

How close/far away are we from being able to play 3DS games on a flashcart? Someone must have some kind of prediction on the time because surely its being worked on right now.
Also the 3DS has been out for a while now so it seems strange that it is taking so long. Not that I am ungrateful or anything but i am planning on buying a 3DS and that purchase is very dependent on whether 3DS games will be playable.
The PS3 took four years, have more patience.

More on topic, I have an R4 which I believe is using Wood firmware, or YSmenu firmware, I can't quite remember which. Are any of those two confirmed working on 3DS? I ask because I think they are quite obscure compared to firmware that is still being updated and worked on.
Those aren't firmwares and don't determine DSi/3DS compatibility.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-was-my-cart-blocked-how-do-i-unblock-it-firmware-update.315784/

Oxyrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, I have a problem here with my 3DS.
When I tried play games with my GEi version 3.0 my 3DS encountered an error.

It says:
" An error has occurred.
Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Operations Manual for details. "

My 3DS update is 4.1.0-0U and my GEi is 3.0 it's the regular one, not the pro or hot one.
I've seen some videos and comments that I should update my GEi to the latest version, I've done that and still the same...
Can someone help me? Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto