Gaming Firmware Update Compilation thread / List of Flashcards working on 3DS

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hopefully one of you guys can help! I have an R4i card, web address on the front is www.R4I-SDHC.HK. Now on the site it doesnt seem to have an update for the latest 3DS software but when you click the development tab, at the bottom of the FAQs it suggest going to www.R4I-SDHC.TW to download the latest firmware. Clicking that link takes you to www.r4i-sdhc.com so my question is, will the update from r4i-sdhc.com work on my r4i-sdhc.hk card?

Any help would be great, cheers!

Rob
No it won't, going on the www.r4i-sdhc.com (labeled r4i-sdhc.tw for some reason) website referes to a completely different product, where the 3DS update for that card is obtained within the "Upgrade" menu.

324atk

GBATemp's Personal Chocobo Breeder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help? I have an R4i Gold 3DS card from www.r4ids.cn and when I heard the card worked on 3.0.0-5 w/ the 1.51b update I went ahead and updated the 3DS to it before updating the card as I have a NDSL and figured I could update the card later. I downloaded the (what I think is) necessary files and tried to update and it worked. I put the card into my 3DS and it comes up with the error to turn my power off. If anyone could help it's much appreciated. Thanks. :yaynds:

EDIT: Nevermind I got it.

Rhyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a R4i3D (new) flash card http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US I downloaded the new kernel so when i update my 3DS the flash card still works, but I only get a white screen. Was just wondering if anyone else has this flash card and has got this working. It doesn't seem like many people own this flash card.

superkiev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have R4i-SDHC and I have updated the firmware to 1.51b from their official website.
The website claim that this firmware support 3DS v3.0.0-5 but everytime I put the R4i inside my 3DS the error message keep come up.
Can someone help me?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I have a R4i3D (new) flash card http://www.r4i3d.com/index.htm?l=en_US I downloaded the new kernel so when i update my 3DS the flash card still works, but I only get a white screen. Was just wondering if anyone else has this flash card and has got this working. It doesn't seem like many people own this flash card.

3.0.0-5 doesnt looks like it is supported on your card

I have R4i-SDHC and I have updated the firmware to 1.51b from their official website.
The website claim that this firmware support 3DS v3.0.0-5 but everytime I put the R4i inside my 3DS the error message keep come up.
Can someone help me?

sounds like you never RAN the update on the card and just copyied the files thinking that was it

you will need to RUN the update on another console that doesnt have the 3.0.0-5 update

if you looked on the site you would have seen

ens.jpg

jektan168

Trophies
XP
Country
Knokkie: I can confirm that the R4i-Gold 3DS (1.57b) (www.R4i-gold.EU) with the new firmware works wel with 3.0.0.5E..

So the above works on the r4dsll card for the Super Mario 3d Land upgrade? The r4dsll website has been down.

I did try the R4i-Gold 3ds firmware but I must have misunderstood the "update" step so it didn't work for me. But if you confirm the above will try to get my hands on a non-upgraded 3ds to run the update. Tnx. Cheers.

noik666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hi guys im having a bit of a problem (noobish one probably) i have a r4isdhc dual core white http://www.r4isdhc.com/ anyways as i can c it should work on 3ds v3 (not updated yet) but looks like firmware is not out yet so i downloaded new kernel since im having some trouble with save files i placed kernel files on my sd card and when i open my card in 3ds all i get is white screen so id apreciate some help with what kernel to put in i got it all done but i think it needs new i would realy apreciate ur help

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
hi guys im having a bit of a problem (noobish one probably) i have a r4isdhc dual core white http://www.r4isdhc.com/ anyways as i can c it should work on 3ds v3 (not updated yet) but looks like firmware is not out yet so i downloaded new kernel since im having some trouble with save files i placed kernel files on my sd card and when i open my card in 3ds all i get is white screen so id apreciate some help with what kernel to put in i got it all done but i think it needs new i would realy apreciate ur help

sounds like you have placed the wrong kernel on your card or your 3DS is updated to 3.0.0-5

and you didnt get this link from me LOL

fwupdate_for_3DSV3_SDHC

i dont believe they made it public yet but looking on there servers there is the update for firmware 3.0.0-5

they probally mad i posted it but who cares :D

its also there latest unreleased kernel

noik666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
well i belive i did update my flashcard but my 3ds is not updated yet im not able to connect on the internet with it atm looks like card is working but cant play games since i belive dont have the proper kernel i tried playing mario kart(nds) and was stuck on a loading screen

Pong20302000

OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
so i assume you ran the .nds update file and it applied sucessfully?

give me a tick and i will compile a kernel for you

just to check you have tryied the offical

http://down4.nds9.com/r4isdhc-white/r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.38.rar

noik666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yea i did if i didnt than i dont know what the hell i did :P will try the kernel now and let u know btw i before there used to be woodr4.dat dsmenu.dat and _rpg folder on ma FC but i read that wood was bit messed up lately
yea it works now ty alot hope this will help others as well :)

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi

just had a new update to 3.0.0-6E in the UK

no idea what it does or what it's for
but it does not block the R4-3DS from r4i-sdhc.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: wait...my gbatemp acc is almost 10 yrs old lmao