Gaming Fire Emblem Hype Thread

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing this all afternoon. Ended up restarting on Hard (which I advise any veteran to this game to do,) since Normal was too damn easy. Sure it would have picked up but meh meh, games like this should be difficult not a cake-walk. Only issues i"m having is determining whether a class is a base class or an advance class, since I don't want to waste xp on advance classes so early in the game.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I use him as bait, hasn't died yet. My pegasus knight chick came damn close though. Been tag teaming with mages though, they're brutal. Made my character negative be HP but he doesn't seem too far behind everyone else in that terms, it's wierd.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing this all afternoon. Ended up restarting on Hard (which I advise any veteran to this game to do,) since Normal was too damn easy. Sure it would have picked up but meh meh, games like this should be difficult not a cake-walk. Only issues i"m having is determining whether a class is a base class or an advance class, since I don't want to waste xp on advance classes so early in the game.

I was under the impression you could endlessly re-class in this game. therefore boosting stats beyond what's typical of past FE games.

YoshiRider123

運命を変える
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nsider2.com
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression you could endlessly re-class in this game. therefore boosting stats beyond what's typical of past FE games.
That's right.

Demo reminds me of conquest...
Is this type of gameplay the same in the full version?
The demo comes straight from the full game, yes.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that bothers me about this game (based off the demo) is the lack of optional touchscreen input for commanding and moving your units. I mean, come on, that was the thing I was most excited about for this game. I understand they wanted there to be a 3D effect on the grid, but it's not that pronounced, and they could have at least made it optional to have it on the bottom screen with touch controls. Besides, the battle animations provide enough of a good 3D effect as it is.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this game. I haven't played much of Fire Emblem except for Lyn's story in the GBA game, but I really enjoyed this demo. I'm not going to pick it up until I've cleared out a good number of games in my backlog (I just finished Skyward Sword, I'm about halfway through aLttP, and after I want to at least take care of Metroid Prime 2 and Super Mario Galaxy).

Reactions: chavosaur

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that bothers me about this game (based off the demo) is the lack of optional touchscreen input for commanding and moving your units. I mean, come on, that was the thing I was most excited about for this game. I understand they wanted there to be a 3D effect on the grid, but it's not that pronounced, and they could have at least made it optional to have it on the bottom screen with touch controls. Besides, the battle animations provide enough of a good 3D effect as it is.
Don't agree with this in the slightest. This is the 3DS, not the DS, and the grid is the entire game. I don't think there's any reason to accommodate superfluous touch controls here. They'd have had to reformat the view, modify the UI, and probably lots of other unnecessary and awkward things to give you the option to play on the bottom screen. It's a completely unreasonable expectation in this instance.

Reactions: Deleted_171835

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't agree with this in the slightest. This is the 3DS, not the DS, and the grid is the entire game. I don't think there's any reason to accommodate superfluous touch controls here. They'd have had to reformat the view, modify the UI, and probably lots of other unnecessary and awkward things to give you the option to play on the bottom screen. It's a completely unreasonable expectation in this instance.
How on earth would simply allowing the grid to be on the bottom screen mean they would have to reformat everything? They could just do it as an option. Seriously, the only difference are the resolutions of the two screens... And if they built the game from the beginning with options for both in mind, it would be a non-issue. There's literally no reason for them to have NOT taken advantage of touch screen controls in a turn-based strategy game that takes place on a grid, of all things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea