Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I guess the people who don't like the size of the everdrive gba have never played an original gameboy/color game inside of a gba/sp.

Oh I have. It's about as awkward as a gba game in a dslite

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess the people who don't like the size of the everdrive gba have never played an original gameboy/color game inside of a gba/sp.

I have, it's uncomfortable and awkward. Cart sticking out is fine on the original gba, on an sp it makes it uncomfortable. Same with the gba carts that stuck out because of extra hardware.

Besides that, it's a fair criticism. If the m3 team could fit RTC, battery and Micro sd into a ds lite sized card, 10 years ago, then I don't think it's harsh for people to expect a modern card to be no larger than a gba card or at least question it's size (is it hiding something or is it a single sided pcb because it's cheaper).

As for price. I'm really not sure why people are shocked or surprised at the price. Flashcarts have always been expensive, with the sole exception being slot-1 ds cards. Every other cart has been quite expensive.

Last edited by Armadillo,
Reactions: cearp and cvskid

garbanzox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why so many people cringe at the price of a good quality flash cart. I can either buy 4 or 5 used games (and hope I don't get Chinese fakes), or I can get one flash card for the same price. I think that's a hell of a bargain.

I sold most of my GBA games years ago, but I still have a handful of them, I'm sure I can flip them on eBay and easily fund a $99 Everdrive.

Reactions: cvskid and Veho

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why so many people cringe at the price of a good quality flash cart. I can either buy 4 or 5 used games (and hope I don't get Chinese fakes), or I can get one flash card for the same price. I think that's a hell of a bargain.

I sold most of my GBA games years ago, but I still have a handful of them, I'm sure I can flip them on eBay and easily fund a $99 Everdrive.
This is exactly my thinking on the topic. Frig...two or three of my mint in box NES Classic gba games can probably pay for this cart and if past everdrives are an indication. This will probably be well worth the price of admission.

Has anyone considered that this model is likely in the form it is to support 100% of GBA games. And that he will release a smaller version you can play patched games on? He does seem to produce more that one version/update of most of his flash carts.

Plus....I am one hundred percent all for being able to play boktai properly with RTC and (crosses fingers) a sun sensor.

Also...it is possible....this cartridge has space in it for a rumble pack a la Drill Dozer.

So lets wait and see whats up with the size...there may be very good reason for it.

Reactions: cvskid

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why so many people cringe at the price of a good quality flash cart.

Slot-1 cards. First flash card for a huge amount of people seems to be a ds slot-1 card, so for reason they expect all carts to be priced like that.

Pretty sure most people complaing would break down and cry if they had to buy a flashcart back in the gbc,gba era. My EZFA256 cost me £100-120 (can't remember), 32MB for games, lucky to get 4 gba games on it. My wallet cries even now :cry:.

Reactions: Ryccardo

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this looks really nice. Not a huge fan of the cart sticking out and I've already got my stockpile of EZ Flash IV's, but I'll definitely be picking one of these up if only for the the fact that Everdrives are generally super high quality. Not sure why people are scared to pay upwards of $100 for one of these though, Everdrives are always such nice units that I'm generally glad to pay such a price for one if I know I'm going to use it.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this looks really nice. Not a huge fan of the cart sticking out and I've already got my stockpile of EZ Flash IV's, but I'll definitely be picking one of these up if only for the the fact that Everdrives are generally super high quality. Not sure why people are scared to pay upwards of $100 for one of these though, Everdrives are always such nice units that I'm generally glad to pay such a price for one if I know I'm going to use it.
They will understand once they finally own an everdrive. I have a everdrive 64 v3 myself and it is great.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They will understand once they finally own an everdrive. I have a everdrive 64 v3 myself and it is great.
The thing is the price might scare away some of the younger customers with less disposable income. Even for me, $100 is pretty steep but for something like this I feel it's completely worth it especially if it's got an RTC.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what all it supports. It doesn't really matter to me beyond basic curiosity, though. I don't use my GBA anymore. Even then, I have an EZ4 for it that works fine for whatever I might need it for.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting one. I love the Everdrive 64 and to have a similar experience on the GBA, well, its a no brainer.

John_Enigma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wanna know if this flash cart will work with a Game Boy Macro console:
IMG_20160114_003503.jpg

You know, the ones that you can find on this site.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do other complex* flash carts work with it? If so then this should too, if not then it is exceedingly unlikely that this will.

*many of these GBA clone things actually just dump the ROM and emulate it. This works fine for almost all the GBA library (things like Shrek videos will not work, and obviously the hardware based things like the TV decoder and play yan, not to mention the cheat devices). As most flash carts with menus do loaders, resets and have extra functionality then they only dump the loader and can't get any further. Some simpler flash carts or flash carts you can just flash a game straight to (old NOR GBA era carts and things like the 3 in 1) can work. I guess I could think of a way for flash cart makers to have it work once at least (write a flag to save memory that is reads and for next power on it redirects to permanent memory rather than trying the loader) but it would be of quite limited use -- ignoring saves you might have an easier way of duping DS games into thinking a certain GBA game is present and similar story for certain GC-GBA linkup games.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I am definitely getting my hands on one of these!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I really wanna know if this flash cart will work with a Game Boy Macro console:
IMG_20160114_003503.jpg

You know, the ones that you can find on this site.
First off, that thing is sexy af. It SHOULD work, considering the DS lite could load EZ Flash for me.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah it would be nice to have a better flashcart than my ez4 but... it's a bit big, really this puts me off it, and the price. my ez4 was maybe 3x cheaper, i forget.
although if this has solar and motion sensor then ok, that's cool :) i expect cheats too for this price.
The thing is the price might scare away some of the younger customers with less disposable income. Even for me, $100 is pretty steep but for something like this I feel it's completely worth it especially if it's got an RTC.
i doubt many 'young' people play gba, especially on real hardware. i'm making assumptions yes, but i think it's a safe assumption to make...!

Reactions: Vappy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
didn't we already have good nearly perfect gba flash carts?
what is special/different about this one.
MicroSD and RTC functionality. No GBA flash cart offers both. Finally, no more RTC patching of roms. But I'm sure there's a few that still need hardware patches, like Warioware Twisted, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, and the two Boktai games, for example.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
MicroSD and RTC functionality. No GBA flash cart offers both. Finally, no more RTC patching of roms. But I'm sure there's a few that still need hardware patches, like Warioware Twisted, Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, and the two Boktai games, for example.
there are three boktai games :) but yes

Reactions: Jayro
D

Deleted User

TFW a flashcart is $95 MORE than the actual system it runs on. you can get most GBAs for like $5 like new

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: