Gaming DS to 3DS rerelease games

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am I the only one who likes to use the touch screen on Zelda? The game was completely based on touch screen control, it was easy to pick up items you liked, it was fun drawing the boomerang trajetory, it is way cooler attacking with the touch screen than in previous portable zeldas, you could made notes. Why doesn' people see the advantages of stylus control? :P
I am against making a circle pad version of a DS Zelda since it was designed to work with these controls, it would be just as terrible as they did with Super Mario 64 DS without a real analog :hateit:

You liked the touch controls,
but that doesn't imply that everybody liked;
to say the truth almost everybody hated this touch controls.

This would be a perfect opportunity for many people to play these games with a different point of view.

Having these Zeldas as 3DS games, with analog control, widescreen support and visual enchancements would be all that these games need to be more successfull.

If these games where avaiable at e-shop for $7-$15, I bet they would have astonishing sells

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You liked the touch controls,
but that doesn't imply that everybody liked;
to say the truth almost everybody hated this touch controls.
You sure about that? The reviews of both games say otherwise. Nothing could be further from the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Phantom_Hourglass#Reception
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Spirit_Tracks#Reception
This would be a perfect opportunity for many people to play these games with a different point of view.

Having these Zeldas as 3DS games, with analog control, widescreen support and visual enchancements would be all that these games need to be more successfull.

If these games where avaiable at e-shop for $7-$15, I bet they would have astonishing sells
At any rate, I definitely agree with you that the next 3DS Zelda should be a full 3D game with traditional button controls, not full touch controls like PH/ST.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You sure about that? The reviews of both games say otherwise. Nothing could be further from the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Phantom_Hourglass#Reception
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Spirit_Tracks#Reception

At any rate, I definitely agree with you that the next 3DS Zelda should be a full 3D game with traditional button controls, not full touch controls like PH/ST.
Ask to gbatempers and see what they think about that. You're the only ones that I ever seen to like those touch controls. I've seen hundreads of people complaining about that. I've seen even some people that avoided the games because of this.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ask to gbatempers and see what they think about that. You're the only ones that I ever seen to like those touch controls. I've seen hundreads of people complaining about that. I've seen even some people that avoided the games because of this.
I never said I liked or disliked the touch controls. All I know is that the the sources say otherwise. As for me, I only started playing PH not too long ago. And so far, I'm kinda liking the touch controls, but I'm not sure yet.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Zelda: Spirit Tracks would become weird with analog controls. One of the main advantages of stylus control in this game is to be able to set a route for Zelda and them be able to move Link at the same time as Zelda, which is essential to beat some bosses in the game.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would say ni no kuni, though this one had never seen light in EU or NA, it was already released in Japan. however the PS3 will be available in the EU and NA so maybe it won't be a smart idea. but I do think it still would look nice in 3d.
also I think that hotel dusk room 215 will look awesome in 3d, and his sequel ( I was astonished when finding out there was a sequel , though I haven't finished the first one yet...)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I never said I liked or disliked the touch controls. All I know is that the the sources say otherwise. As for me, I only started playing PH not too long ago. And so far, I'm kinda liking the touch controls, but I'm not sure yet.

There is a huge difference between critics opinion and public opinion,
just take a look at NSMB2.
There are no "sources" as you say

The compaiment I always hear about this game is the touch controls,
I doubt I'm the only one you ever seen complain about that.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Yeah, I've seen people complaining about touch controls too. But I have the impression people compare it too much with the controls in the home console's Zeldas. Comparing it to the gb, gbc and gba titles I still think the DS Zeldas have better controls (in the gb/gbc/gba Zeldas, you're only able to move in 8 directions, you can't normally run without using an item and it's frustating having to switch items in the menu all the time). And most people I see complaining only played PH while the ST has a much a better implemetation of touch screen controls. I think people need to be just a little more open minded.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
There is a huge difference between critics opinion and public opinion,
just take a look at NSMB2.
There are no "sources" as you say

I'm not saying people don't complain. I'm just saying that, at least for my experience, I've seen way more people praise the controls than criticize them. And critics are still people with opinions, it doesn't matter if they're "normal" people.

Also, NSMB2 was a rehash, but it wasn't a bad game. But we've had that argument a dozen times now, so I'm not gonna start. :P
Yeah, I've seen people complaining about touch controls too. But I have the impression people compare it too much with the controls in the home console's Zeldas. Comparing it to the gb, gbc and gba titles I still think the DS Zeldas have better controls (in the gb/gbc/gba Zeldas, you're only able to move in 8 directions, you can't normally run without using an item and it's frustating having to switch items in the menu all the time). And most people I see complaining only played PH while the ST has a much a better implemetation of touch screen controls. I think people need to be just a little more open minded.
I agree with this. Compared to the other top-down Zelda games, the touch controls of PH and ST are SO much better.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not saying people don't complain. I'm just saying that, at least for my experience, I've seen way more people praise the controls than criticize them. And critics are still people with opinions, it doesn't matter if they're "normal" people.

Ok, let's make a topic with a poll asking this:
Would you preffer DS Zeldas to use for movement the:
*Touch Controls(the way it is now)
*Analog stick

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let's make a topic with a poll asking this:
Would you preffer DS Zeldas to use for movement the:
*Touch Controls(the way it is now)
*Analog stick
Like I said before, I think future portable Zelda titles should be in full 3D with traditional controls. I'm not saying they should keep doing the touch controls like the DS games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    cearp @ cearp: @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since...