Hacking Hardware Dumb idea, but could it be possible to use the DS core alongside the 3DS game core?

Goofy_Bay2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so i know the 3ds is technically tri core, but one core id for 3ds games, the other for home menu, and the last for ds backwards compatibility, i know this idea id very far fetched, but i wanna know if its possible to make games like smash 3ds (home menu) and new 3ds exclusive games playable on the O3DS. (also before you ask i got a N2DSXL)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry you are wrong in one respect the arm ARM946E-S is as you stated used for ds games but in 3ds mode it is used for I/O and security. So is already in use.

This site is a good read if you want to know more about how each core is used in 3ds mode.

https://www.copetti.org/writings/consoles/nintendo-3ds/

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry you are wrong in one respect the arm ARM946E-S is as you stated used for ds games but in 3ds mode it is used for I/O and security. So is already in use.

This site is a good read if you want to know more about how each core is used in 3ds mode.

https://www.copetti.org/writings/consoles/nintendo-3ds/
unrelated, how exactly is there a gba emulator installed but never used? Was GBA VC planned anyway without hardware emulation? Is it usable in any way?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know this idea id very far fetched, but i wanna know if its possible
Before you ask questions like this, please consider: do you think very many people in the last ten years would have felt the same way? And do you think it's likely there might have been someone among them equipped to act accordingly?

how exactly is there a gba emulator installed but never used?
A small number of GBA VC games were released as part of the "ambassador" program early in the life of the 3DS. Reportedly, Nintendo decided that the lack of things like the lack of sleep mode meant that the user experience was too poor to bother further supporting it.

Is it usable in any way?
Of course it is. That's what NSUI and open_agb_firm are for.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before you ask questions like this, please consider: do you think very many people in the last ten years would have felt the same way? And do you think it's likely there might have been someone among them equipped to act accordingly?

A small number of GBA VC games were released as part of the "ambassador" program early in the life of the 3DS. Reportedly, Nintendo decided that the lack of things like the lack of sleep mode meant that the user experience was too poor to bother further supporting it.

Of course it is. That's what NSUI and open_agb_firm are for.
The website mentions the emulator and agb_firm separately, so I was wondering if there was just a way to use that instead of mgba(which, admittedly, is not optimized for the n3ds as well as I think it can be). Unless I'm reading it wrong, but "this emulator, despite being installed, has never been used" and "agb firm has been used for ambassador program games" seem like two things to me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 12

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?